ImageImage

NFCC Lead-Up: Packers @ Seachickens

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

NFCC Lead-Up: Packers @ Seachickens 

Post#1 » by LUKE23 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:18 pm

I would never say this if he was healthy, but rest of season is gravy to me considering AR's health. I'd love to pull this upset off, it's just a really, really bad matchup given AR's lack of mobility. Lacy is going to have to be unreal and we cannot have any turnovers. Tackling Lynch on first contact is key as well.

Go Pack Go.
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Re: NFCC Lead-Up: Packers @ Seachickens 

Post#2 » by chuckleslove » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:22 pm

Yeah, the Rodgers health thing is the biggest concern obviously. He seemed to loosen up a little bit in the second half and it shouldn't be quite a bit warmer in Seattle which I would think would help him if anything. Lacy also hopefully won't have the asthma issue because he was beasting before the asthma slowed him down.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#3 » by Newz » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:29 pm

I agree that given Rodgers' injury we are a pretty big underdog in this game.

We need the defense to really come alive and do a good job against Seattle's rather mediocre offense. We also need our receivers to actually get open... because in the first meeting they did not do a good job of creating seperation. Didn't their starting corner opposite of Sherman go down last week? Anyone have any idea if he is supposed to be back for this game?

I also hope we go into this game with the plan of just taking what the defense gives us. Pound the ball with Lacy, Rodgers take the easy checkdowns and just slowly churn out yardage and first downs.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#4 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:33 pm

Anxiously awaiting a certain poster's analysis on the mental state of the team heading into this game and whether or not the quarterback will be in his good playoff mental state or not.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,997

Post#5 » by humanrefutation » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:35 pm

We need turnovers.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,625

Post#6 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:37 pm

It's all about the defense. Seattle looked very average against a Carolina team that just didn't seem like they wanted to win. Seriously, if Cam doesn't throw those two horrendous picks, Carolina plays them to the wire if not outright wins that game. Even a hobbled Rodgers isn't going to throw back-breaking pick-6's in the red-zone.

I know it's a tall order, but if we can stuff Lynch and/or hold him below 100 yards, I think we win. That offense is nothing special without him.
Newz
Banned User

Post#7 » by Newz » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:38 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:Anxiously awaiting a certain poster's analysis on the mental state of the team heading into this game and whether or not the quarterback will be in his good playoff mental state or not.

Enough mental toughness to beat the Cowboys... not enough mental toughness to be the Seahawks. Based on my 0-100 mental toughness ratings I have calculated the MTRs of each team:

Cowboys: 83.6% MTR
Packers: 94.2% MTR
Seahawks: 1,234,890.26% MTR

As you can see we are doomed. This is why we have 'zero percentage chance to win'. MTR is the best statistic in the history of statistics. It decides who is going to win every game before that game is even played.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,723

Post#8 » by emunney » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:49 pm

In 1-3 weeks we will finally know whether we have been true contenders.

At first I thought the Cowboys had size, but at the end they succumbed to our superior toughs.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#9 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:51 pm

If Dez had caught it/had it been ruled a catch, our mental toughness would have been terrible. Glad we are reaching the point of being a contender. Silly Denver, once again not constructing a contender-type team.
Newz
Banned User

Post#10 » by Newz » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:56 pm

MTR Formula:

(Weight + Height + Perceived Size - Penalties that didn't hurt someone) x (Swag rating / $wag %) / Age + (Number of former family members who were NFL players x Amount of commercials you have starred in) + Times you have screamed at the camera x (Amount of crimes committed + Times you have screamed during an interview on national television) x (Times you played for the Patriots + 2) - Number of STDs + Touchdowns scored + X = MTR

X = 1,000,000 if you are the Seattle Seahawks
X = 0 if you are other teams besides the Packers
X = -5 if you are the Packers
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#11 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:00 pm

Given the expectations I am willing to conclude that this season was successful. As others have alluded, we're playing with house money so why not go out and win?

Regardless, everything was worth it to see and hear Cowboys fans this week. Best Monday ever.
Do it for Chuck
Dick Dastardly
Sophomore
And1: 74

Post#12 » by Dick Dastardly » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:03 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:Given the expectations I am willing to conclude that this season was successful. As others have alluded, we're playing with house money so why not go out and win?

Regardless, everything was worth it to see and hear Cowboys fans this week. Best Monday ever.

Reading Cowboys forums across the internet is hilarious
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,448

Post#13 » by steger_3434 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:12 pm

I can't agree that we are playing with house money. Id hate to lose another year of having the best qb in the game and not get to the super bowl. For the most part we've been way healthier than we have been in a number of years. I won't be as mad losing to Seattle as I would have if we lost to Dallas, but to me this team as long as we have rodgers should be super bowl or bust.
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,736

Post#14 » by DanoMac » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:14 pm

We're winning this game. Team right is confident as ****
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,579

Post#15 » by JayMKE » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:20 pm

We can win this game, Seattle isn't unbeatable even at home. The key is the defense, we can't let Seattle put up 30 and expect to win, we have to slow down Lynch and stop Wilson from scrambling.
FREE GIANNIS
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#16 » by LUKE23 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:22 pm

Doubt Russell has played enough games to qualify, but Wilson (109.6) and Rodgers (105.3) will be a match-up of top 2 playoff QB ratings all-time.
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,010

Post#17 » by BuckFan25226 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:29 pm

I hope we have learned from our week 1 experience.

I truly hope we come out, spread it around and pass to set up the run. I hope we spread them out, 4 and 5 wides all game and and let Rodgers sling it around with the hope he can get into God mode. If we come out with a conservative, ball control type game plan, we lose. To me it's crucial to get an early lead in this game and allow our defense to fly around and get after Wilson.

I think the only way we win this game is if we come in with the attitude of thinking, "eff em, let's stomp on them and blow em out". We have the offense to put up points against their D. But if we don't allow our explosive offense to step on the gas pedal, it can't happen. MM essentially put a muzzle on our offense in week 1. He needs to come in and attack their D, if they stop us and keep our offense at bay, they deserve to move on.
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#18 » by LUKE23 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:32 pm

BuckFan25226 wrote:I hope we have learned from our week 1 experience.

I truly hope we come out, spread it around and pass to set up the run. I hope we spread them out, 4 and 5 wides all game and and let Rodgers sling it around with the hope he can get into God mode. If we come out with a conservative, ball control type game plan, we lose. To me it's crucial to get an early lead in this game and allow our defense to fly around and get after Wilson.

I think the only way we win this game is if we come in with the attitude of thinking, "eff em, let's stomp on them and blow em out". We have the offense to put up points against their D. But if we don't allow our explosive offense to step on the gas pedal, it can't happen. MM essentially put a muzzle on our offense in week 1. He needs to come in and attack their D, if they stop us and keep our offense at bay, they deserve to move on.

Given Rodgers lack of mobility, going 4/5 wide severely limits the pass protection. If you are going to do that, it has to be all quick hitters/slants/etc. You can't have him drop back and go for big plays, especially against a secondary that covers well.

If Rodgers was 100% I'd agree with you, but I'd start out by pounding the hell out of Lacy and throwing quick stuff. Rodgers can't move so anything that requires long protection to me is not a good idea.
Newz
Banned User

Post#19 » by Newz » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:33 pm

LUKE23 wrote:
BuckFan25226 wrote:I hope we have learned from our week 1 experience.

Given Rodgers lack of mobility, going 4/5 wide severely limits the pass protection. If you are going to do that, it has to be all quick hitters/slants/etc. You can't have him drop back and go for big plays, especially against a secondary that covers well.

If Rodgers was 100% I'd agree with you, but I'd start out by pounding the hell out of Lacy and throwing quick stuff. Rodgers can't move so anything that requires long protection to me is not a good idea.

Completely agree with Luke here. Going 4/5 wide on a consistent basis is just asking for Rodgers to get killed back there.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,625

Post#20 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:34 pm

So we beat the team that actually went into Seattle and beat them, yet I'm seeing so many "let's just be happy with a playoff win" and "playing with house money" defeatist posts :noway:

Anyone who thinks that anything less than a Super Bowl this year wouldn't be a disappointment has some questionable expectations. Let Seattle and the bandwagon fans/analysts think that we're some massive underdogs. It's gonna be a war.

Return to Green Bay Packers