ImageImage

NFCC Lead-Up: Packers @ Seachickens

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Godgers
Banned User
And1: 117

Re: NFCC Lead-Up: Packers @ Seachickens 

Post#121 » by Godgers » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:16 pm

Rodgers is hobbled with one leg. And the Packers defense is straight up trash. This is as far as we go. The end of the line. Rodgers and the offense need help from the defense and special teams to win this game.

It would take like a Peppers fumble returned for a TD, or a pick six, and a Hyde punt return to help beat the Hawks.

This is going to be a classic Packers playoff game. Wilson is going to run wild picking up big first downs with his legs. Rodgers and the offense will struggle like they do against all good defenses.

Brad Jones also has to play 0 snaps to have a chance.

I am writing the Packers off. And I will convince my self we have a slim chance of winning. I hope everyone writes them off. Only chance this team has is by poking the beast.

If i can convince myself we already lost than I can relax and just watch the game without stressing out and enjoy our last game of the season.

Wouldn't be so bad for the Packers season to come to a end if the Bucks were not cursed and I could watch Parker play and grow.
Sky High
Sixth Man
And1: 280

Post#122 » by Sky High » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:19 pm

Godgers wrote:Rodgers is hobbled with one leg. And the Packers defense is straight up trash. This is as far as we go. The end of the line. Rodgers and the offense need help from the defense and special teams to win this game.

Outside of Brad Jones, this defense has been pretty solid the second half of this season. They are far from "straight up trash". This isn't the same defense we've seen the past 3-4 years.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,337

Post#123 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:32 pm

Godgers wrote:Rodgers is hobbled with one leg. And the Packers defense is straight up trash. This is as far as we go. The end of the line.

Cool, you won't have to waste time watching the game or posting about it here. Your alternate viewing options at 2:00 Sunday include Figure Skating on NBC, Heidi Daus jewelry on HSN and the classic movie "The Other Woman" on HBO.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#124 » by trwi7 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:39 pm

emunney wrote:Keys to the game: points.

stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#125 » by trwi7 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:40 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Godgers wrote:Rodgers is hobbled with one leg. And the Packers defense is straight up trash. This is as far as we go. The end of the line.

Cool, you won't have to waste time watching the game or posting about it here. Your alternate viewing options at 2:00 Sunday include Figure Skating on NBC, Heidi Daus jewelry on HSN and the classic movie "The Other Woman" on HBO.

I know what I'll be watching.

stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,917

Post#126 » by RiotPunch » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:54 pm

All of the pressure is on Seattle. That's really the only positive I can draw, other than the fact that our defense and running game has come a long way since week one. If we can keep Rodgers upright, run effectively and limit Lynch we can pull this thing off.

Those are massive if's though.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,022

Post#127 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:12 am

I don't understand people who say we can't win. 1. It's the NFL and 2. We have Rodgers as our QB and he looked pretty damn good the last 2 games with his calf hurt worse then what it will be Sunday (assuming 2 weeks of healing helps). We have a decent shot even if the Seahawks have a lot of advantages.
Godgers
Banned User

Post#128 » by Godgers » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:23 am

We played the Lions and the Cowboys. The two biggest choking franchises the last 20 years. Packers didn't look good at all during the Cowboys game until the 4th quarter. Anyone can win in the NFL any given day though.

You can be a fan of the Packers and not have to consider them the best team in the NFL. The Seahawks beat the Panthers who are one of the worst teams to ever make it in the playoffs in NFL history so who knows how good they really are right now.

I wouldn't even like the Packers chances if we were playing the 49ers this year as bad as they been. I mean Kap got a 100m contract gift wrapped from Capers.

Instead of the 90's Packers never being able to get over the hump against the Cowboys. The Packers of today can't get over the hump of top defenses in the playoffs.

Packers could win on Sunday but it would be a massive upset.
zmanishere11
Sixth Man
And1: 242

Post#129 » by zmanishere11 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:08 am

Godgers wrote:We played the Lions and the Cowboys. The two biggest choking franchises the last 20 years. Packers didn't look good at all during the Cowboys game until the 4th quarter. Anyone can win in the NFL any given day though.

You can be a fan of the Packers and not have to consider them the best team in the NFL. The Seahawks beat the Panthers who are one of the worst teams to ever make it in the playoffs in NFL history so who knows how good they really are right now.

I wouldn't even like the Packers chances if we were playing the 49ers this year as bad as they been. I mean Kap got a 100m contract gift wrapped from Capers.

Instead of the 90's Packers never being able to get over the hump against the Cowboys. The Packers of today can't get over the hump of top defenses in the playoffs.

Packers could win on Sunday but it would be a massive upset.

I have to admit - sometimes, when I've had a few drinks, I come to this forum and display Godgers's posts from my ignore list.

You sir - are delusional.

This is an excellent Packers team - as good or better than Seattle. The offense is as good as it's ever been. While the defense is weak up the middle, you can't deny you've seen Clinton-Dix / Hyde / Peppers emerge as significant playmakers, while the CB's have been pretty close to lock down.

We just beat two pretty good teams with Rodgers literally playing on 1 leg. If that's not enough for you, you should stop watching NFL games altogether.
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,523

Post#130 » by th87 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:12 am

I hope the Packers are watching Rocky 4 this week.

HE'S NOT A MACHINE! HE'S A MAN!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFYjOZu3nG8[/youtube]
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,246

Post#131 » by HKPackFan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:47 am

This offensive line is the coolest of all time. First pitch perfect. ...now board game geeks!!!!

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-packers ... 1421346102
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#132 » by FAH1223 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:30 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/555886124367761409[/tweet]
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#133 » by HKPackFan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:51 am

FAH1223 wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/555886124367761409[/tweet]

FINALLY a little bit of something controversial! Man every press conference and every interview has been sooo nice and polite and respectful....

But even Earl Thomas wrapped that injury comment with compliments that were a little weird:

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/201501 ... /150119281

Based on the comments made by Seahawks players this week, it’s clear they all have a tremendous amount of respect for Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, but few have expressed that in a way as unique as safety Earl Thomas did on Thursday.

“I just respect him as a football player in general,” Thomas said. “You can tell that he knows the game. He has a lot of confidence back there. You don't really see a lot of quarterbacks of his skin color with soul like that, and I like it.

ummmm..ok..thx I guess?

And his comments about the non-injury were later clarifiying more about him mentally preparing for a 100% healthy Rodgers, and not being susceptible to playing a wounded duck and caught off guard.

I hope that little bit of trash talking is enough to put an extra chip on Rodgers shoulder...I think that's about the max. bulletin board material we are going to get, everyone else is choosing their words so carefully
#FreeChuckDiesel
Godgers
Banned User

Post#134 » by Godgers » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:55 am

Besides my negativity if you want a good laugh read this.

Mike McCarthy surprised Packers assistants don’t get head coaching looks
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/11/mike-mccarthy-surprised-packers-assistants-dont-get-head-coaching-looks/
Godgers
Banned User

Post#135 » by Godgers » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:00 am

jjhjhjhjh
Godgers
Banned User

Post#136 » by Godgers » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:00 am

Packers should get crushed on Sunday. It will be a ugly game.

Again unless the defense scores a TD and Hyde returns a punt this team can't win.

Seattle's defense trumps our offense. Seattle's offense trumps our defense. Wilson's two legs trump Capers.
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#137 » by HKPackFan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:02 am

Godgers wrote:Besides my negativity if you want a good laugh read this.

Mike McCarthy surprised Packers assistants don’t get head coaching looks
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/11/mike-mccarthy-surprised-packers-assistants-dont-get-head-coaching-looks/

Capers is obviously not a surprise, and I heard Tom Clements for the first time today. Oh man, he was painful to listen to, definitely did not build a rapport with the media. It was only a 2 minute clip, so it's a small sample size but it felt like a long 2 minutes....Not that his press conferences are qualifications for head coaching jobs, but he sure seemed pretty dry, almost annoyed he had to speak.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Godgers
Banned User

Post#138 » by Godgers » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:08 am

The Packers could beat the Colts, and Pats in the playoffs. So don't act like I spit.... on the Packers. I live in GB and I go to almost every Packers training camp. I am not a big fan of TT but when I run into him I leave him alone. I have had TT bump into me before I run into him enough.

I will be watching the game pretending I don't care because I don't want to get excited about a super bowl just to have my hopes crushed by a team that doesn't show up.

With Rodgers healthy I would expect a good chance to win like 30%. Rodgers with 1 leg its like a 5% chance.
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#139 » by HKPackFan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:49 am

FAH1223 wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:I've been reading a few articles saying Dallas would have been a better match up. Why? Why is Dallas a better match up? Because they beat Seattle in Seattle early in the season?

Because they have a good Oline and a great RB?

Last I check we have a pretty good Oline as well, and it can not only Run block but it's a better pass blocking unit IMO. I also think Lacy's not bad either. And while they have an elite WR, I'd say we have more WR options that 1,2,3 combined are better than just 1 Elite WR and the rest are nothing.

Murray's numbers: 392 carries, 1845 yards, 13 TDs, 4.8 ave. 57 receptions, 416 yards, 0 TD's, 7.3 ave.
Lacy's numbers: 246 carries, 1139 yards, 9 TDs, 4.6 ave, 42 receptions, 427 yards, 4 TDs, 10.2 ave.

Lacy and Murray's yards per carry are pretty close, Murray has an insane number of carries, and adding in receiving they have the same number of TDs. Lacy actually is a more productive receiver with a 10.2 average. If you added the 150 extra carries Murray has Lacy also ends up around 1800+ yards.

I'd also like to point out the Packers vs a RECENT common opponent Detroit (back to back weeks) outperformed dallas.

Dallas at HOME ran for 73 yards 3.5 average.
Packers at HOME ran for 152 yards 4.0 average.

And Detroit is the #1 rush defense.

I'm still nervous about Seattle, I worry about how we play away against good D's, the Buffalo game is bothering the hell out of me right now, but I don't see how Dallas is the better match up at this point in the season.

Buffalo's strength is their defensive line.

Seattle's defensive line has been ravaged by injury this season.

I hate using comparables but if we can run the football on BUF and DET, then we can definitely run it on a SEA line that doesn't have as many run stuffers as they did in Week 1.

Getting a body on Wagner and Chancellor is key because I have a feeling we can get to the 2nd level early and often.

It's going to be a wet, rainy day too so I really think the Pack will run it 30 times.

Good to know. I do think Seattle can be run on, I think that's going to be key, no east/west, right up the middle.

I looked at our performances against the 3 off the top 4 Defenses in the NFL, but it's hard to gauge because we played them so early in the year.

#1 overall Seattle. #3 against the run. #1 against the pass. #1 in points: 15.9
#2 Detroit overall. #1 vs the run. #13 against the pass. #3 in point: 17.6
#4 Buffalo overall. #11 vs the run. #3 against the pass. #4 in points 18.1

We were 1-3 against overall, 0-3 away.

Week 1 we put up 16pts
Week 3 we put up 7pts
Week 15 we put up 13pts
Week 17 we put up 30pts

It's difficult to use week 1 and 3 as we were still growing as a team that time. I think week 15 and week 17 are a better gauge.

Against Buffalo Lacy rushed 15 yards for 97 yards for a 6.5 ave and a TD. Even Starks had 4 carries 19 yards for a 4.4 ave. But I remember Starks dropping a couple important catches and pretty much never saw the field after that.

They completely shut down our passing game, mugging receivers and dropping 7. Tretter played in the 2nd half, the Packers looked ugly before Bulaga left, but the loss of Bulaga ruined any comeback.

I think the Packers didn't establish the run enough early, and gave up on the run too quickly while things were going sour in Buffalo. I also saw they had a couple awful drive killing holding penalties after big gains. That cannot happen against Seattle when yards will be tough to come by.

Detroit is the #1 rushing D and all their talent is in their front 7, their secondary is average and we dropped 30 on them (actually 21 on offense).

How are the Packers going to counter Seattle employing a similar strategy of rushing four, mugging receivers with 7 in coverage? Just keep feeding Lacy then mix up some play action? We know Seattle has a weakness, I guess exploit it until they do something to stop it, which should hopefully open things up elsewhere if guys start cheating and coming down into the box.

Packers are going to have to be patient with the run game and some check downs then try to open things up.
#FreeChuckDiesel
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,168

Post#140 » by RRyder823 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:28 am

Sky High wrote:I'm sick and tired of the National media giving the Packers no shot. I'm sick and tired of the arrogance of Seattle -- The team, the fans, everything. I hope the Packers are picking up on all this, especially ARod. They usually feed off of this. We all know how big that chip on Rodgers' shoulder still is. I have to believe he and the rest of the squad are taking note. They need to harness this negative energy and start off HOT from the get-go.

Show no mercy. Beat them into the ground. Play like grown ass men. Go for the throat and run up that score. I want to EMBARRASS the Shehawks and the entire fanbase. The Seattle franchise is nothing compared to Green Bay. Yes, they're still the champs. Yes, they're an extremely talented team. I don't care and neither should the Pack. They need to approach this game like their reputation is on the line. We need to show the world that Green Bay still is, and always will be, Titletown.

Super Bowl or bust. Let's get it. I truly, truly believe in this team. There's nothing I want to see more than Richard Sherman in disbelief after we knock them out.Can you tell I'm excited for Sunday? Go Pack Go.

Man I want to and1 this 100 times. Let the pundits make the Pack look like a JV team. Put that chip on Rodgers shoulder. You'll see why he'll be winning his second MVP sunday

Return to Green Bay Packers