ImageImage

NFCC Lead-Up: Packers @ Seachickens

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,280

Re: NFCC Lead-Up: Packers @ Seachickens 

Post#161 » by rilamann » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:25 pm

I don't think any scenario in this game would surprise me.

If the Packers laid an egg and got blown out I wouldn't be surprised but if they came out kind of blindsided the Seahawks and beat them convincingly I wouldn't be shocked by that either.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,168

Post#162 » by RRyder823 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:26 pm

Godgers wrote:Seahawks are going to be the first team in along time to repeat. I think that makes them pretty special.

I already got the Seahawks booked for winning the super bowl and Wilson winning super bowl MVP.

Seahawks 44 Colts 27.

So the Colts are going to knock of NE in NE while we have no chance in Seattle? Yep sounds about right from u Godgers
rilamann
RealGM

Post#163 » by rilamann » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:31 pm

If the Packers can limit Lynch,you're not going to shut him down of course but if you can limit him to 70-80 yards and if they can force Wilson to beat them with his arm combined with the Packers offense not turning the ball I don't think Seattle can score enough to win this game.

That's a lot to ask for though.
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,525

Post#164 » by th87 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:05 pm

Well, the incline of the battle has increased. Windy and rainy tomorrow:

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/seattl ... 1409?day=2
Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 661

Post#165 » by Jollay » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:43 pm

What bugs me about Seattle is that with our secondary and their lack of weapons to throw at said secondary,,,

we still can't stop their run.

We have to gamble to stop Lynch and Wilson running the football. If we are beaten a couple times deep by that, so be it. Giving up a couple of long touchdowns is not the worst thing if we can establish the run and keep their defense on the field. If our defense is on the field too much, there's just little chance.

The wind and the rain plays for them, but it's not a deal-breaker. Could increase the likelihood of keeping the game within one score.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#166 » by FAH1223 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:10 am

Jollay wrote:What bugs me about Seattle is that with our secondary and their lack of weapons to throw at said secondary,,,

We have to gamble to stop Lynch and Wilson running the football. If we are beaten a couple times deep by that, so be it. Giving up a couple of long touchdowns is not the worst thing if we can establish the run and keep their defense on the field. If our defense is on the field too much, there's just little chance.

The wind and the rain plays for them, but it's not a deal-breaker. Could increase the likelihood of keeping the game within one score.

If we give up a couple long TD plays, it may help than being gashed in time of possession and the front 7 getting worn out...

But the offense would have to be able to sustain drives. This is a game where the TEs must step up. SEA has given up TDs to TEs this year.

The Chargers couldn't really run the ball but they dinked and dunked and hit up big plays with Gates in the red zone. SEA couldn't guard him. I wish we had Finley for a game like this.
Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#167 » by Jollay » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:26 am

FAH1223 wrote:
Jollay wrote:What bugs me about Seattle is that with our secondary and their lack of weapons to throw at said secondary,,,

If we give up a couple long TD plays, it may help than being gashed in time of possession and the front 7 getting worn out...

But the offense would have to be able to sustain drives. This is a game where the TEs must step up. SEA has given up TDs to TEs this year.

The Chargers couldn't really run the ball but they dinked and dunked and hit up big plays with Gates in the red zone. SEA couldn't guard him. I wish we had Finley for a game like this.

Amen. I hope with Adams, RRodgers and Quarless' improvement as the year went on, as well as the OL's, we will be able to do the same thing.

Strange I was more nervous before the Dallas game. I guess expectations.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#168 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:45 am

Late money is on Seattle. So much so the line has moved to 7.5. It takes a lot of action to move a line off 7.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,047

Post#169 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:50 am

I think we wil win. 31-22. Fast defensive score sets the tone. Hard for teams to repeat and keep mental intensity two years in a row.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#170 » by chuckleslove » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:09 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Late money is on Seattle. So much so the line has moved to 7.5. It takes a lot of action to move a line off 7.

I saw some lines at 7.5 earlier in the week so not sure how much money it would take to move the ones that were on 7 to 7.5 might have been pretty close to going either way in the beginning.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
Miasma
Rookie
And1: 1,422

Post#171 » by Miasma » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:15 am

Just watched our Super Bowl DVD again. Seemed appropriate given the time. Makes me miss Woodson, Collins and Kevin Greene.
Godgers
Banned User
And1: 117

Post#172 » by Godgers » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:17 am

All I want to see is the Packers to put up a good fight.

I hope this team doesn't look like week one where you don't even recognize the team your rooting for.

Honestly besides the bs I spewed this week the Packers are just as good as the Hawks. Rodgers is the best player in the NFL. It's time this team acts like it again.

The Packers can light you up so fast the game is over before you know it. I hope this team just comes out in attack mode and leaves it all on the field.

Seahawks are a great team and I have allot of respect for them. We have one thing they will never have though and that is Rodgers.
Godgers
Banned User
And1: 117

Post#173 » by Godgers » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:17 am

Packers need to listen to this get psyched mix.

Mr play it safe, was afraid to fly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mseDWv5_gc
Dick Dastardly
Sophomore
And1: 74

Post#174 » by Dick Dastardly » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:18 am

I think Seattle will win but I'm excited. Not nervous. Probably because I think we lose. Hope we put up a good game, I think we will. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if we win.

None of that made sense.
Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#175 » by Jollay » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:14 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Late money is on Seattle. So much so the line has moved to 7.5. It takes a lot of action to move a line off 7.

A site I greatly respect has the Packers covering (prediction machine), based mainly on the fact the Hawks haven't faced a top 10 QB since week six.

Good enough for me. My money is on the Pack, win or lose.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,615

Post#176 » by Matches Malone » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:49 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfS_CjMU52Q#t=67[/youtube]
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#177 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:57 pm

They haven't faced a top QB for awhile but Wilson is 9-0 against SB winning QB's. That does include the Fail Mary
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#178 » by FAH1223 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:28 pm

Miasma wrote:Just watched our Super Bowl DVD again. Seemed appropriate given the time. Makes me miss Woodson, Collins and Kevin Greene.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/InsideNFLMedia/status/556826352410570753[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/InsideNFLMedia/status/556833358659858434[/tweet]
rilamann
RealGM

Post#179 » by rilamann » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:46 pm

Jollay wrote:
A site I greatly respect has the Packers covering (prediction machine), based mainly on the fact the Hawks haven't faced a top 10 QB since week six.

Good enough for me. My money is on the Pack, win or lose.

That whole ''Seahawks haven't faced a top QB in awhile'' thing could work into the Seahawks favor IMO.

The Seahawks defense I'm sure is aware of those rumblings and they know that a win against Aaron Rodgers and the Packers' offense today to put them back in the Super Bowl will give everything they've done against the Lindlys and Shaun Hills and Mark Sanchezs of the world 100% credibility.That's the type of thing the Seahawks and especially their defense feed off of.

Against any other team I think it might be a factor in the sense it might cause them to get over confident and cause them to maybe get blindsided by a quarterback like Rodgers and an offense like the Packers' but I don't see that happening with this Seahawks team.

With that said I think the Packers offense will play well,the only one who scares me on the offensive side for us is Jordy Nelson.Going back to the Super Bowl that guy's hands turn into bricks in big games.

The #1 thing that scares me going into the game today and it's the same thing that scared me about Seattle if you had asked me going into this season about a potential playoff match-up with the Seahawks is Russell Wilson and his ability to get outside the pocket and scramble.That and the guy just doesn't make mistakes or bad throws and just always seems to have the knack to make the big play when his team really needs it.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#180 » by Newz » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:52 pm

LET'S **** GO!!!!!!!!!! DOMINANCE THEIR FACES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

Return to Green Bay Packers