ImageImage

ATL: Super Bowl (Seahawks vs. Patriots)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Re: ATL: Super Bowl (Seahawks vs. Patriots) 

Post#401 » by Badgerlander » Mon Feb 2, 2015 8:09 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/nick_pants/status/562340501181845504[/tweet]

:rofl:
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#402 » by Mags FTW » Mon Feb 2, 2015 8:11 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Sapp arrested for soliciting a prostitute. Awesome; couldn't have happened to a bigger scum bag. Hope is was a dirty street walker type down on Van Bueren.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/02/02/warren-sa ... rostitute/" target="_blank

Hilarious. You've got tons of money. Hire a personal trainer, get in shape, and with your bankroll you can get 90% of the female population.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Post#403 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Mon Feb 2, 2015 8:16 pm

Mags FTW wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:Sapp arrested for soliciting a prostitute. Awesome; couldn't have happened to a bigger scum bag. Hope is was a dirty street walker type down on Van Bueren.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/02/02/warren-sa ... rostitute/" target="_blank" target="_blank

Hilarious. You've got tons of money. Hire a personal trainer, get in shape, and with your bankroll you can get 90% of the female population.

Pretty sure Sapp went broke after he retired.
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#404 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Feb 2, 2015 8:21 pm

I normally find it in poor taste to root for bad things to happen to others but I have an exception with Sapp. I've never forgiven him for that complete cheap shot on Chad Clifton. Dude's also a complete blow hard on TV so hope this ends that career.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#405 » by Mags FTW » Mon Feb 2, 2015 9:32 pm

Homer and Chmura just drew the parallel of SEA throwing the quick slant to GB running with Kuhn inside the 10. So many better options.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#406 » by El Duderino » Mon Feb 2, 2015 10:30 pm

Mags FTW wrote:Homer and Chmura just drew the parallel of SEA throwing the quick slant to GB running with Kuhn inside the 10. So many better options.

Kuhn at least has a history of being productive in 1-2 yards to go situations and he doesn't fumble, throwing that slant into traffic with a QB who isn't a great short passer is much more risky.

I don't like using Kuhn outside of yard to go situations, but in those strict spots, he's been above average at getting the needed yard. There was a place which showed how Kuhn fares in short yardage situations, but i forget where to find the stats on it.
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,274

Post#407 » by WiscoKing13 » Mon Feb 2, 2015 10:45 pm

BB should be very happy Butler made that play. I can't believe with at least 2 TO's NE let the clock go from almost a minute less then 30 seconds at the time of the snap. I was sitting there the entire time thinking wtf are you doing, call a TO
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
bcl20
Starter
And1: 166

Post#408 » by bcl20 » Mon Feb 2, 2015 10:50 pm

PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:

http://www.tmz.com/2015/02/02/warren-sa ... rostitute/" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

I'm sure he could get with some decent looking ladies just off fame alone. Never got why famous people paid for sex. Actually, I don't completely get why normal people pay for sex unless you're really freakish looking but I really don't get why you would do so if you're famous.
Go Packers, Go Bulls, Go Cubs, Go Hawkeyes, Go Blackhawks
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,291

Post#409 » by KidA24 » Mon Feb 2, 2015 11:59 pm

bcl20 wrote:
PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:Hilarious. You've got tons of money. Hire a personal trainer, get in shape, and with your bankroll you can get 90% of the female population.

I'm sure he could get with some decent looking ladies just off fame alone. Never got why famous people paid for sex. Actually, I don't completely get why normal people pay for sex unless you're really freakish looking but I really don't get why you would do so if you're famous.

"You don't pay her for sex, you pay for her to leave." ~Unattributed
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#410 » by El Duderino » Tue Feb 3, 2015 2:41 am

WiscoKing13 wrote:BB should be very happy Butler made that play. I can't believe with at least 2 TO's NE let the clock go from almost a minute less then 30 seconds at the time of the snap. I was sitting there the entire time thinking wtf are you doing, call a TO

That just goes to show by how the slimmest of margins can completely change the narrative in sports. Think about if Seattle runs Lynch in for a TD there instead of the INT.

1. Seattle is the first back to back title winner since Dallas in the 90's.

2. Wilson goes from goat to Super Bowl MVP after leading his team to a late game winning drive.

3. The Kearse catch goes down in Super Bowl infamy with David Tyree

4. Carroll wouldn't forever be associated with arguably the worst play call ever

5. The Patriot lose their third straight Super Bowl and in each one a great catch helps doom them, to the torture of their fan base.

6. Brady now gets in the discussion for best QB ever.

7. Belichick for the first time in his career with NE would be getting raked through the coals for his Andy Reid like brainfart to not call a time out when nearly everyone watching was wondering why the hell he wasn't calling a time out there.

We see this happen often, just take the Packers game. If Bostick simply does his job and blocks instead of trying to be the hero, Jordy likely recovers the onside kick and a chain reaction of events follow.

The Packers make the Super Bowl

The never to be forgotten miracle win for Seattle doesn't happen

If the Packers beat NE, Rodgers has two rings and that helps his chance to one day being the best QB ever

Brady and Belichick don't have their fourth title

Slocum might still have a job

It's amazing how just one play in sports can change the narrative on so many levels. Hell, look at the Pats six Super Bowls. Except for the Eagles one, all were tossups really late and they could easily have only one title or six.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,886

Post#411 » by Turk Nowitzki » Tue Feb 3, 2015 4:35 am

WiscoKing13 wrote:BB should be very happy Butler made that play. I can't believe with at least 2 TO's NE let the clock go from almost a minute less then 30 seconds at the time of the snap. I was sitting there the entire time thinking wtf are you doing, call a TO

I jumped off my couch yelling about this. The INT obviously made it a non-story but that was insanity to let all that time run off the clock there.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,281

Post#412 » by HKPackFan » Tue Feb 3, 2015 4:35 am

El Duderino wrote:

That just goes to show by how the slimmest of margins can completely change the narrative in sports. Think about if Seattle runs Lynch in for a TD there instead of the INT.

1. Seattle is the first back to back title winner since Dallas in the 90's.

2. Wilson goes from goat to Super Bowl MVP after leading his team to a late game winning drive.

3. The Kearse catch goes down in Super Bowl infamy with David Tyree

4. Carroll wouldn't forever be associated with arguably the worst play call ever

5. The Patriot lose their third straight Super Bowl and in each one a great catch helps doom them, to the torture of their fan base.

6. Brady now gets in the discussion for best QB ever.

7. Belichick for the first time in his career with NE would be getting raked through the coals for his Andy Reid like brainfart to not call a time out when nearly everyone watching was wondering why the hell he wasn't calling a time out there.

We see this happen often, just take the Packers game. If Bostick simply does his job and blocks instead of trying to be the hero, Jordy likely recovers the onside kick and a chain reaction of events follow.

The Packers make the Super Bowl

The never to be forgotten miracle win for Seattle doesn't happen

If the Packers beat NE, Rodgers has two rings and that helps his chance to one day being the best QB ever

Brady and Belichick don't have their fourth title

Slocum might still have a job

It's amazing how just one play in sports can change the narrative on so many levels. Hell, look at the Pats six Super Bowls. Except for the Eagles one, all were tossups really late and they could easily have only one title or six.

The entire NFC playoffs was 1 play from changing everything.

Detroit had a crazy penalty/non penalty call go against them. (Although I had no belief Detroit would move past the divisional round). Dallas doesn't have a catch by Dez Bryant against us the following week. We sh!* the bed several times in a row to somehow lose against Seattle. And Seattle has 1 horrific play to lose the game after giving up a 10 point lead.

It's like the Detroit game there was still a lot of time left on the clock, and they did get the ball back and had a chance to overcome.
The following week Dez Bryant was down at the one, they'd still need to punch it in the endzone, and the Packers would have had a chance to answer with the MVP and a minute left you never know.
The following week even the Morgan Burnett Slide, the squatting on the ball no effort to go for a first down play calling, awful special teams, bad 2 point conversion, we still had a chance to win the game but settled for a FG.
And the following game, really it was just seconds tickin down to punch it in and collect the trophy.

It's like the horrific play kept happening later and later in the NFC games until Seattle finally had it happen with only 20+ seconds left.

Seems like the story of this playoffs was making the big play but then not f'ing up at the most critical moments.
#FreeChuckDiesel
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,281

Post#413 » by HKPackFan » Tue Feb 3, 2015 4:42 am

Well this kind of summed up what I was trying to say but I never put it together in a movie plot.

The 4 NFC Playoff Teams were like a bad Final Destination Movie:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/laces-out/ ... ies-020215
#FreeChuckDiesel
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#414 » by chuckleslove » Thu Feb 5, 2015 10:10 pm

Pete Carroll and Tom Brady mic'd up on the interception.

http://deadspin.com/listen-to-pete-carr ... 1683718051
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
Mags FTW
RealGM

Post#415 » by Mags FTW » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:49 pm

Just remembered that we should've been in this game. Got pissed again.
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,539

Post#416 » by th87 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:27 pm

Mags FTW wrote:Just remembered that we should've been in this game. Got pissed again.

This still happens to me periodically every day. And the prevailing emotion is disgust for playing so stupidly.

Return to Green Bay Packers