ImageImage

If you could re-sign only 1 corner: Tramon Or House?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

If you could only re-sign 1 corner would it be HOUSE or TRAMON?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 5, 2015 6:18 am

Davon House
37%
Tramon Williams
63%

Total votes: 30

RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,883

Re: If you could re-sign only 1 corner: Tramon Or House? 

Post#21 » by RiotPunch » Wed Feb 4, 2015 2:55 pm

RRyder823 wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
Balls2TheWalls wrote:Tramon and it's not close.

What if the choice is between just Tramon or House and Bulaga? I get that Tramon is the better player pretty handily right now, but there is more to the equation.

Because the space we'll save going from Tramon to House will have roughly zero bearing on whether we'll be able to resign Bulaga. Whether Bulaga resigns will come down to whether a team out there views Bulaga a LT and decides to pay him accordingly.

TT will have a number in mind for Bulaga completely independent of whether we spend a little more on Tramon, save a little bit on House or even if we were to save alot by letting both go. TT not going to budge on that number n with considering our current cap situation whether we resign Tramon or House will have zero bearing on that number

He has a set number for all three guys, no doubt. Tramon will likely command more than Ted's number. House can be had at Ted's number, allowing for the money to go to other places like Bulaga, Guion, etc.

Just because Ted has set numbers and doesn't budge on guys doesn't mean that signing a more expensive player has zero bearing on the signing of other players.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,157

Post#22 » by RRyder823 » Wed Feb 4, 2015 3:06 pm

RiotPunch wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:What if the choice is between just Tramon or House and Bulaga? I get that Tramon is the better player pretty handily right now, but there is more to the equation.

Because the space we'll save going from Tramon to House will have roughly zero bearing on whether we'll be able to resign Bulaga. Whether Bulaga resigns will come down to whether a team out there views Bulaga a LT and decides to pay him accordingly.

TT will have a number in mind for Bulaga completely independent of whether we spend a little more on Tramon, save a little bit on House or even if we were to save alot by letting both go. TT not going to budge on that number n with considering our current cap situation whether we resign Tramon or House will have zero bearing on that number

He has a set number for all three guys, no doubt. Tramon will likely command more than Ted's number. House can be had at Ted's number, allowing for the money to go to other places like Bulaga, Guion, etc.

Just because Ted has set numbers and doesn't budge on guys doesn't mean that signing a more expensive player has zero bearing on the signing of other players.

This year it actually does in regards to Bulaga n say Cobb. Theyre the top priorities n as such will not only be the first deals done most likely but they'll also have the cap space set aside to resign them independent of whether Tramon or House stays. If your talking about a player like say Guion then id agree it could/will factor in but it wont matter in regards to resigning Bulaga or Cobb
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#23 » by crkone » Wed Feb 4, 2015 5:18 pm

It's a gamble to say that Tramon's athleticism will still allow him to cover 4.4 WRs or that House will stay healthy. I'd probably go with House based on what he'll get.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Xanadu
Sixth Man
And1: 433

Post#24 » by Xanadu » Thu Feb 5, 2015 7:14 pm

Only problem with letting House go and hoping on of Hyde or Hayward become good enough to replace Tramon is that both are slot corners. Now one or the other could become good enough with some experience to play outside but both right now IMO are exclusively slot corners. I think you resign Tramon to a 2 year deal and draft another House type prospect aka tall physical corner who can lock down guys on the outside and hope he develops before Tramon is done for good.
Bucks fandom bringing me happiness still seems like a dream.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,222

Post#25 » by HKPackFan » Fri Feb 6, 2015 5:42 am

Xanadu wrote:Only problem with letting House go and hoping on of Hyde or Hayward become good enough to replace Tramon is that both are slot corners. Now one or the other could become good enough with some experience to play outside but both right now IMO are exclusively slot corners. I think you resign Tramon to a 2 year deal and draft another House type prospect aka tall physical corner who can lock down guys on the outside and hope he develops before Tramon is done for good.

Agreed need to keep drafting DBs. I support drafting 1 or 2 every year.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,059

Post#26 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:52 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Unless Tramon comes cheap, I'm going with House, a guy I'm positive should come cheap.

I would've thought so too, but McGinn said he expects House to get a big offer (and quick) and SI had House as the sleeper in free agency and #31 overall I believe. So maybe he will command some money.

I lean House due to age and upside, but his inability to stay on the field is concerning. Tramon has played well since being healthy again but the down swing had to be nearing. Depending on the contract, if they are similar - I go House.
BallinBucks420
Pro Prospect
And1: 108

Post#27 » by BallinBucks420 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:17 am

id resign house.. tramon got burned a little to much for me last season.. especially in the playoffs.. we defintely need to draft a corner in the first 3 rounds
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,166

Post#28 » by raysbookclub » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:41 pm

It's close and I go back and forth, but I'll say Tramon (on a 2 year deal as has been said). Unlike House, he never misses games or practices and consistently gets INTs. He seems to be recovered from whatever hampered him for a season and a half, including that one year he cost us the Vikings game at the end, which cost us a bye. He still seems to have his vertical, but maybe he's lost a step for sprints? If so, he could still be put in the slot.

Either way I think we draft a CB high this year. Would be excited to see the team get Rollins from Miami OH.
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,166

Post#29 » by raysbookclub » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:11 pm

zmanishere11 wrote:I just can't see house getting more than 3 mil a year. Tramon at anything less than 6 on a short deal is a steal

ReasonablySober wrote:Unless Tramon comes cheap, I'm going with House, a guy I'm positive should come cheap.

HKPackFan wrote:Not sure if I'd want to pay house $3 million per year for half a season of play I wouldn't bank on him playing 16 games.

I thought House would be cheaper too. So with House getting 4 years at 6.25/year, I suppose Tramon is the winner of this poll...

What do you think it will take to sign Tramon? I noticed that Seattle signed Cary Williams from the Eagles, so maybe that's one less big suitor for Tramon.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#30 » by Newz » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:36 pm

books wrote:What do you think it will take to sign Tramon? I noticed that Seattle signed Cary Williams from the Eagles, so maybe that's one less big suitor for Tramon.

3Y/$15-$18 million is my guess.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,969

Post#31 » by FAH1223 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:02 pm

Newz wrote:
books wrote:What do you think it will take to sign Tramon? I noticed that Seattle signed Cary Williams from the Eagles, so maybe that's one less big suitor for Tramon.

3Y/$15-$18 million is my guess.

Yup. Give him guarantees for the first couple years and front load.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,597

Post#32 » by Balls2TheWalls » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:04 pm

That House money is dumb. I hope we were nowhere near that asking price.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,491

Post#33 » by Profound23 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:27 pm

Balls2TheWalls wrote:That House money is dumb. I hope we were nowhere near that asking price.

Agreed! That is (Please Use More Appropriate Word) money. Teams like the Jags and Raiders are 70 mil under the cap so they have to spend. Better to take guys like House away instead of Cobb/Bulaga.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,558

Post#34 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:32 pm

I guess TT pretty much answered this poll question. Agree with everyone else, that House contract is Eric Wright-esque.

Teams are spending stupid amounts of money in free agency right now. I'd much rather sit back and collect those compensatory picks...
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,222

Post#35 » by HKPackFan » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:39 am

I should have added a 3rd response, NEITHER.

Both were terribly overpaid. Never expected that. Let's hope: goodson/hayward/hyde/future draft pick, are ready to step up.
#FreeChuckDiesel
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#36 » by chuckleslove » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:57 am

HKPackFan wrote:I should have added a 3rd response, NEITHER.

Both were terribly overpaid. Never expected that. Let's hope: goodson/hayward/hyde/future draft pick, are ready to step up.

I don't think we needed a third option since this wasn't a "what do you think will happen?" question. I wouldn't have paid either the contract they have and I wouldn't have minded keeping one or both, but not at the price they ended up costing.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,491

Post#37 » by Profound23 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:45 am

HKPackFan wrote:I should have added a 3rd response, NEITHER.

I already said it:

Profound23 wrote:Neither. If Tramon comes back for around 2 yrs/8mil then I am fine with that but I doubt he does that. Yes, House will be cheap but so will other guys better than House.

The only thing I didn't expect was for House to get that much money. I don't care, he is just a guy and can be easily replaced.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Post#38 » by emunney » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:45 pm

Tay Glover-Wright is an interesting prospect. 6 feet tall, ran a 4.3 at his pro day. Played QB and WR at CC, so he's pretty new to CB. They love giving Whitt guys to work with. Whitt's track record is pretty remarkable.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#39 » by Newz » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:34 pm

emunney wrote:Tay Glover-Wright is an interesting prospect. 6 feet tall, ran a 4.3 at his pro day. Played QB and WR at CC, so he's pretty new to CB. They love giving Whitt guys to work with. Whitt's track record is pretty remarkable.

Where is he projected to get drafted?
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Post#40 » by emunney » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:39 pm

Newz wrote:
emunney wrote:Tay Glover-Wright is an interesting prospect. 6 feet tall, ran a 4.3 at his pro day. Played QB and WR at CC, so he's pretty new to CB. They love giving Whitt guys to work with. Whitt's track record is pretty remarkable.

Where is he projected to get drafted?

Oh, we already have him. PS guy.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts

Return to Green Bay Packers