2015 Badger Football

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,869

Re: 2015 Badger Football 

Post#121 » by humanrefutation » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:26 pm

LOL, I just saw how he followed pretty much everyone major associated with OSU - Barrett, Jones, Miller, Elliott, Meyer, even freaking Carlos Hyde.

He still has "Committed to Wisconsin" on his profile and was talking up the Badgers up until a week ago.

He might be gone now.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,619

Post#122 » by StickeeFingaz » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:30 pm

I have no inside information and this is just a gut feeling, but I think Williams is as good as gone. I hate college recruiting.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,789

Post#123 » by Turk Nowitzki » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:45 am

This is why I'm trying to stop following recruiting.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,543

Post#124 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:05 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:This is why I'm trying to stop following recruiting.

I pretty successfully stopped about 2 years ago now. I still pay more attention than most people, but it's saved me time, money, and stress.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,141
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#125 » by Kerb Hohl » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:51 pm

I've never subscribed to any service, I read a few other boards here and there and follow the recruiting guys on twitter. I've never been one to flip out one way or the other. I get excited when it's a good class. If some guy decommits, oh well. The only reason why this is a bit of a bigger deal is that they really need some sort of difference-maker in the pipeline at RB.

In related news, assuming Clement doesn't just show up and play well for the last 2-3 games of the year and go pro, his groin injury might have been the best thing to happen to the program. He might have been gone after this year and now he probably has to come back as a senior to prove himself which bridges the gap and helps the young QB next year.

The injury probably cost them 1 game (who knows if they beat Iowa or still beat Nebraska with him)...they SHOULD be able to take care of business these next 4 games without him.
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 942

Post#126 » by Lippo » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:57 pm

If the goal for these kids is to make it to the NFL, why would he want to be 3rd string at OSU vs 1st at UW. We have had 10-12 RB's play the NFL here in the last 20 years.

Dayne
Ball
Bennett
Clay
Gordon
Calhoun
Hill
Davis
Fletcher
Moss
White
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,654

Post#127 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:17 am

Yea, he'll be a Buckeye.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Evan_Flood/status/654088222813765632[/tweet]
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#128 » by El Duderino » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:46 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Yea, he'll be a Buckeye.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Evan_Flood/status/654088222813765632[/tweet]

That is really going to suck if/when he flips.

Things looked so good for the RB spot with what seemed liked strong verbals from Stevenson and Williams. Then Stevenson gets forced out, Williams looks like he'll flip, and Deal isn't very impressive even though he was a 4 star recruit when he signed.

I was watching the UW/Nebraska game and it was pretty hard to believe that the staff was at the point of using an absolute no talent like Ingold. A program as well known for running the ball as any team in the country and they were down to using a white walk-on converted linebacker.

If Williams does flip, it's pretty amazing just how terribly the RB situation could change in only a matter of months and next year the schedule will be really tough with a first year QB.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#129 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:23 pm

Ingold is a talented player, I think. Just not sure he's a division 1 RB as a freshman.

El Duderino wrote:If Williams does flip, it's pretty amazing just how terribly the RB situation could change in only a matter of months and next year the schedule will be really tough with a first year QB.

I think Clement will be back at least.

About the only thing we have going for us here is that even if Urbs inexplicably loses *gasp* one of his 3 stud RBs in this class, Williams might not even be the guy. I think Williams staying has to do with what happens in OSU, though. If he stays with UW, it's because OSU had another option.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,869

Post#130 » by humanrefutation » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:06 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:This is why I'm trying to stop following recruiting.

I pretty successfully stopped about 2 years ago now. I still pay more attention than most people, but it's saved me time, money, and stress.

Yeah, I think my enjoyment of Badger football was much greater when I didn't spend time following the recruiting process. It's so damn cutthroat and obnoxious.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,654

Post#131 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:50 pm

Williams de-commited.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#132 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:52 pm

So this other 3/4 star "RB" from Missouri (AJ Taylor) they have is supposed to be more of a scat WR, right? Either that, or is he just the fill-in RB and they fill in the class with another one?
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#133 » by El Duderino » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:34 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:Ingold is a talented player, I think. Just not sure he's a division 1 RB as a freshman.

El Duderino wrote:If Williams does flip, it's pretty amazing just how terribly the RB situation could change in only a matter of months and next year the schedule will be really tough with a first year QB.

About the only thing we have going for us here is that even if Urbs inexplicably loses *gasp* one of his 3 stud RBs in this class, Williams might not even be the guy. I think Williams staying has to do with what happens in OSU, though. If he stays with UW, it's because OSU had another option.

Ingold will never be a quality RB for a school like Wisconsin.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#134 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:34 pm

El Duderino wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:Ingold is a talented player, I think. Just not sure he's a division 1 RB as a freshman.

Ingold will never be a quality RB for a school like Wisconsin.

He was recruited to be a linebacker and will likely be their fullback next year. He's a talented player, but yes, you're right, he was never supposed to be a Power 5 running back. I was just reacting to "no talent" description, as I think he was going to be a good LB or at least will be a valuable FB. He's also a true freshman.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#135 » by Bernman » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:59 pm

Events like Antonio Williams decommitting is why I don't follow during the recruiting phase much anymore. This was a kid who wore Wisconsin pride on his sleeve for a year or whatever, then all of a sudden because of one loss, correlating with a brief downturn in OL play, and possible a tough start to Gordon's NFL career, he changes his mind. Kids are so fickle and impressionable at that age. They don't know who they are yet. On a macro level I guess recruiting still means something before signing day because you can get somewhat of a gauge what type of class it is. There is a seldom a mass exodus. But on an individual basis, players decommit often, so it's like I'll keep a quarter eye out until signing day and then do a lil' cram session. I don't think it's worth much investment before that, honestly.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#136 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:47 pm

Bern, I think it had more to do with Ohio State having a new opening and calling than the loss/OL play. I'm sure the current losses/OL play doesn't help.
Allanon23
Senior
And1: 102

Post#137 » by Allanon23 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:02 am

I don't understand why he is passing up a chance to start here in two years to go to OSU and sit behind at least two guys ranked higher than him FROM THE SAME CLASS. I just....why?

Oh well, time to steal Tre Bryant from KSU.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#138 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:30 am

Allanon23 wrote:I don't understand why he is passing up a chance to start here in two years to go to OSU and sit behind at least two guys ranked higher than him FROM THE SAME CLASS. I just....why?

Oh well, time to steal Tre Bryant from KSU.

Well they might be losing one of them, but I'm sure for him he can either play a role at OSU or transfer somewhere anyways. A lot of these guys think they can win the role somewhere.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,543

Post#139 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:07 am

IIRC, USC pulled in five 4- or 5-star RBs in a two-class span.

And, again IIRC, none of them really turned into anything special.

Anyway, I heard O$U might actually be losing two of their RBs. One decommitted today - sounds like another is coming soon.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#140 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:05 pm

Right, I think that was the reason for this. Whether it was Urban pushing them out because he decided he wanted Williams and co. or the guys just wanted out, suddenly Williams was their guy. Supposedly Hill just wanted out, so I think it was just bad luck for the Badgers. They could maybe move Taylor to RB and then pick up another guy late in the game and they'll be fine. The line will be back to its old self soon.

Return to Green Bay Packers