ImageImage

Pick 1 - Damarious Randall - S

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Re: Pick 1 - Damarious Randall - S 

Post#181 » by wichmae » Sat May 2, 2015 3:34 am

Bernman wrote:Raji was the consensus 1. I forgot to mention it's OK for him to take the consensus 1 if he's selecting particularly high because there's no thinking involved in that.

Daniels, exception to the rule.

It's a fact he's a terrible DL drafter, thus we had terrible OL's in so far as he's been responsible for.

Idk. I think he's done a decent job with the O line. Sherrod was a bust but lets not forget the nasty leg injury.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,597

Post#182 » by Balls2TheWalls » Sat May 2, 2015 3:38 am

wichmae wrote:
Bernman wrote:Raji was the consensus 1. I forgot to mention it's OK for him to take the consensus 1 if he's selecting particularly high because there's no thinking involved in that.

Daniels, exception to the rule.

It's a fact he's a terrible DL drafter, thus we had terrible OL's in so far as he's been responsible for.

Idk. I think he's done a decent job with the O line. Sherrod was a bust but lets not forget the nasty leg injury.

Yeah, hitting on Linsley, Lang, Sitton, and Bakhtiari in late rounds seems pretty legitimate. Bulaga is no slouch himself. You can say Sherrod was a bust, but it would be hard to say that we haven't drafted and developed a very good offensive line.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,223

Post#183 » by rilamann » Sat May 2, 2015 4:05 am

TT has done a great job with the offense,especially as of late.

The thing I love about our offense right now is that it has become kore versatile.They can still play great in warm weather and domes but now it's an offense that can get physical and thrive in cold/bad conditions if they have to.

Obviously has a lot to do with the fact we now have a tough physical o-line that can win the battle in the trenches and of course Lacy in the backfield.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
SpursNBucks
Banned User
And1: 113

Post#184 » by SpursNBucks » Sat May 2, 2015 8:21 pm

People will be crying about his poor tackling - the S in the ASU defense is going to give you a lot of tackle chances, and he can make the wrap up ok. The problem is he will miss too many. He plays the ball well, but he will frustrate fans with his weak style.
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#185 » by wichmae » Sat May 2, 2015 8:34 pm

Well since he will be playing corner and we had Tram on giving zero effort on tackling for years I can live with it if his coverage is that good. Tbt this guy sounds just like Tramon.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,222

Re: Re: 

Post#186 » by HKPackFan » Sun May 3, 2015 3:06 am

wichmae wrote:Well since he will be playing corner and we had Tram on giving zero effort on tackling for years I can live with it if his coverage is that good. Tbt this guy sounds just like Tramon.

Would be very happy if he's at tramon level even the tackling phobia
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,489

Post#187 » by Profound23 » Fri May 8, 2015 2:40 am

What scares me the most is everyone believing our 2nd round pick is better than our 1st round pick. If that ends up being true I will be pretty mad, especially if Malcolm Brown is as good as projected.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,938

Post#188 » by BUCKnation » Sat May 9, 2015 2:25 am

Randall and Rollins were roommates together at the senior bowl.
SpursNBucks
Banned User
And1: 113

Post#189 » by SpursNBucks » Sat May 9, 2015 1:40 pm

Profound23 wrote:What scares me the most is everyone believing our 2nd round pick is better than our 1st round pick. If that ends up being true I will be pretty mad, especially if Malcolm Brown is as good as projected.

I'm one of those that thinks Rollins will a better pro, but I think Randall had more value coming out. The reason being Randall has the speed to play CB (he played it for 2 years in Juco). Rollins playing CB is much more questionable with his speed (or lack of). They will try him there, but there's a great chance he ends up at S. Someone brought up Tramon's 40 time which was as slow as Rollins so it's possible - I just don't know if it is probable. Anyways Randall graded out as the top FS by most Draft people. Mayock had him going pick #20. I like both players - with it being such a pass happy league you need lots of DBs. They lost a few- this made sense.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,735

Post#190 » by Ayt » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:45 pm

xTitan wrote:He is a short safety......not getting this at all, I guess Ted wanted to prove he doesn't draft for need, because he isn't going to be a starter

Damn Tempson always wanting to prove he's the smartest guy in the room!

Anyway, Randall quietly had a great first game. He played 61 of 77 defensive snaps. He was targeted 5 times and didn't give up a completion. PFF had him ranked as the top rookie CB in week 1.
BUCKnation
RealGM

Post#191 » by BUCKnation » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:36 am

Saw he had at least one nice break up, but didnt hear anything else. It was mainly shields getting destroyed and Forte stuff.
HKPackFan
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: Pick 1 - Damarious Randall - S 

Post#192 » by HKPackFan » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:40 am

Ayt wrote:
xTitan wrote:He is a short safety......not getting this at all, I guess Ted wanted to prove he doesn't draft for need, because he isn't going to be a starter

Damn Tempson always wanting to prove he's the smartest guy in the room!

Anyway, Randall quietly had a great first game. He played 61 of 77 defensive snaps. He was targeted 5 times and didn't give up a completion. PFF had him ranked as the top rookie CB in week 1.

He had the best game of our entire Secondary.

I like randall and Rollins. Rollins looks to have some exciting raw talent but randall looks more ready and steady and it showed Sunday. Maybe Rollins in a couple years will be the best of all of them I think he could be not sure. I'm happy with what randall provided last week.
#FreeChuckDiesel
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#193 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:35 pm

I think it's safe to say he's outplayed even the most optimistic projections coming out. Amazing how well he's converted to the outside corner. I'm starting to think if asu had played him there his whole career he would have been a much higher pick.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
BUCKnation
RealGM

Post#194 » by BUCKnation » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:51 pm

I'm really excited about who this defense can look toward the end of the year, if it remains healthy. There is a lot of youth on this D and similar to last year, I fully expect it to only get better further down the line. Burnett hasn't even played much this season and it already looks the like the best defense since the SB run.

Randall has been contributing most of the year, but its nice to see Rollins with 2 ints in his first game? (Has he been active other games?)
HKPackFan
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: Pick 1 - Damarious Randall - S 

Post#195 » by HKPackFan » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:29 pm

BUCKnation wrote:I'm really excited about who this defense can look toward the end of the year, if it remains healthy. There is a lot of youth on this D and similar to last year, I fully expect it to only get better further down the line. Burnett hasn't even played much this season and it already looks the like the best defense since the SB run.

Randall has been contributing most of the year, but its nice to see Rollins with 2 ints in his first game? (Has he been active other games?)

He's gotten a few snaps in other games when Burnett was out but not much.

I think with Richardson done and Burnett out Rollins got a lot more work Sunday.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Green Bay Packers