ImageImage

2015 Fantasy Football Thread

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,728

Re: 2015 Fantasy Football Thread 

Post#401 » by DanoMac » Wed Oct 7, 2015 6:10 am

Made a pretty big trade tonight. At 1-3, and many injuries/underperformers (McCoy, Mike Evans, Jonathan Stewart, Tannehill, etc...) my team needed a big shakeup

Traded-
Antonio Brown
Alfred Morris
Rishard Matthews
Thomas Rawls

Received:
Larry Fitzgerald
Mark Ingram
Andre Ellington
Duke Johnson
ahagen87
Junior
And1: 4

Post#402 » by ahagen87 » Wed Oct 7, 2015 12:40 pm

What do you guys think about trying to trade for McCoy being that he is still out for a while it seems. A guy in my league is hurting at WR and I could try and center it around Moncrief/Alfred Morris and hope he bites?
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,141
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#403 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Oct 7, 2015 2:28 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/EdgeofSports/status/651545033729028096[/tweet]

Yea, these guys are done. Good riddance.

I read about an employee (PetrGibbons) that worked at FanDuel that I'd always see on DK making a similar run to that Ethan guy. I was considering getting back in for a little fun, but I can't trust it now.

It's not like these guys stopped me from becoming a millionaire, but I was a volume player and from the sound of it, the whales might have all been passing this information around (speculation). I'm not going to go into this thing with one hand tied behind my back.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,203

Post#404 » by LUKE23 » Wed Oct 7, 2015 3:23 pm

Dalton vs. Seattle or Mariota vs. Buffalo?
DigitalFool
Veteran
And1: 138

Post#405 » by DigitalFool » Wed Oct 7, 2015 3:34 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Dalton vs. Seattle or Mariota vs. Buffalo?

There are both home, but I'd go Dalton - putting up good numbers and I trust that offense more.
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,451

Post#406 » by neiLz » Thu Oct 8, 2015 5:59 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Dalton vs. Seattle or Mariota vs. Buffalo?

Dalton's offense is better and i think he will be able to air it out more if the game gets out of hand. Tennesse still scares me, they could easily get shut out.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,347

Post#407 » by M-C-G » Thu Oct 8, 2015 6:48 pm

DanoMac wrote:Made a pretty big trade tonight. At 1-3, and many injuries/underperformers (McCoy, Mike Evans, Jonathan Stewart, Tannehill, etc...) my team needed a big shakeup

Traded-
Antonio Brown
Alfred Morris
Rishard Matthews
Thomas Rawls

Received:
Larry Fitzgerald
Mark Ingram
Andre Ellington
Duke Johnson

Yeah, that is a big move, but to me you basically traded Brown/Morris for Fitz/Ingram. So you gave up the best and 4th (you could make the case MOrris isn't even that right now) player in the deal for the 2nd and 3rd and got paid some sweetners to do it. Overall, I'd be pretty happy with that deal and it is a good value for a "win now" trade.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#408 » by M-C-G » Thu Oct 8, 2015 6:52 pm

I am 1 and 3 with the second highest scoring team and can feel the playoffs slipping away. Hearing Hassleback is literally coming out of the hospital tonight to play makes me think that Houston Defense (who have been horrible) could blow up this week and be the exact kind of play to save my season. I have the Bengals playing at home against Seattle as my other option, which could be solid but doubt it could be the top scoring defense this week, like I could see Houston being.

Thoughts?
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,203

Post#409 » by LUKE23 » Thu Oct 8, 2015 7:38 pm

Start Houston's defense for sure.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#410 » by M-C-G » Thu Oct 8, 2015 9:31 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Start Houston's defense for sure.

Ah, because of the Thur night game and when they were cut, they won't clear waivers until tomorrow. If I lose, I'll be watching the point difference between Cincy and Houston with great interest.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,141
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#411 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Oct 8, 2015 9:33 pm

Sold high on Devonta. Had AP/Devonta/Boobie (temporary)/Andrews (speculative)/Chris Johnson/Yeldon/Rawls and just dropped Sankey (I had knocked a bunch of random RB speculations out of the park early).

Earlier this year I sent Jordan Matthews for Graham, which thinned out my WR core

Trade was: Devonta/Chris Johnson/Rawls (he has Lynch) for Marshall/Ellington/Bradford

12-team league no PPR
Team now:
QB - Wilson/Bradford
RB - Peterson/Ellington/Boobie/Andrews/Yeldon
WR - Marshall/Alshon/Allen Robinson/John Brown/Martavis Bryant/Agholor
TE - Graham
Fort Minor
Lead Assistant
And1: 70

Post#412 » by Fort Minor » Thu Oct 8, 2015 10:18 pm

Really struggling with my RB situation this week in my 14-team league.

Starting Lacy, need 2 more of these 4:

Joseph Randle (NE)
Doug Martin (JAX)
Matt Jones (@ATL)
Duke Jonshon Jr. (@BAL)

Right now I am starting Randle and Martin. I think my team needs only a solid performance this week to get the W, which is why my first inclination is to go with the high floor guys. Need the W though, as I am almost assuredly going to lose next week due to byes,

Any thoughts?
BuckPack wrote:People still listen to Gery?
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,669

Post#413 » by msiris » Thu Oct 8, 2015 11:20 pm

I have been offered WR J Mac KC,RB Freeman Atl, and Yelding JAX for JJones WR Atl and Bennet TE Chi. MY Rbs are Gurly, Ivory, Martin, CJ Anderson and C. Williams Buff, WR are Green Cinn, Hurns Jax, Williams Dallas. TE is Clay Buff. This guy is in the same division as me and he is 4-0 and all ready has WR Marshall and Brown Pitt along with RB Foster and Charles KC. I am 1-3 tied for third. What do you think? Ten man league and ppr.
Ride the tank
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,168

Post#414 » by Iheartfootball » Thu Oct 8, 2015 11:50 pm

msiris wrote:I have been offered WR J Mac KC,RB Freeman Atl, and Yelding JAX for JJones WR Atl and Bennet TE Chi. MY Rbs are Gurly, Ivory, Martin, CJ Anderson and C. Williams Buff, WR are Green Cinn, Hurns Jax, Williams Dallas. TE is Clay Buff. This guy is in the same division as me and he is 4-0 and all ready has WR Marshall and Brown Pitt along with RB Foster and Charles KC. I am 1-3 tied for third. What do you think? Ten man league and ppr.

I say pass unless you want to mix it up. You have Julio Jones. Top 10 guy, not just WR, in all of FF. And Bennett is a top 5 TE. You're getting back Freeman who is really good, but I think he's selling high on that dude RB1/2 and you have a few of those alreday. Maclin is a WR2, again you have that as well. Yelding is just a guy. I have him, he's garbage.

For a stud WR1/GOAT and TE1.

Like others have said before. You're giving up the best player in all of this. I wouldn't do that. Especially in a 10 team league where there are typically decent gets on the wire.

That's my eight cents.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,253

Post#415 » by Mags FTW » Fri Oct 9, 2015 1:36 am

DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,728

Post#416 » by DanoMac » Fri Oct 9, 2015 2:08 am

M-C-G wrote:
DanoMac wrote:Made a pretty big trade tonight. At 1-3, and many injuries/underperformers (McCoy, Mike Evans, Jonathan Stewart, Tannehill, etc...) my team needed a big shakeup

Traded-
Antonio Brown
Alfred Morris
Rishard Matthews
Thomas Rawls

Received:
Larry Fitzgerald
Mark Ingram
Andre Ellington
Duke Johnson

Yeah, that is a big move, but to me you basically traded Brown/Morris for Fitz/Ingram. So you gave up the best and 4th (you could make the case MOrris isn't even that right now) player in the deal for the 2nd and 3rd and got paid some sweetners to do it. Overall, I'd be pretty happy with that deal and it is a good value for a "win now" trade.

Thanks man. Appreciate the feedback. I actually made another move last night--

Traded-
Martellus Bennett
LeSean McCoy

Received:
Jeremy Hill
Giovani Bernard
Owen Daniels

It sucked losing Bennett, especially with the return of Cutler, but I feel I won the deal because even when (if) McCoy returns 100%, he's looked lost and sucks in Buffalo's offense. Not to mention Dixon and Williams vulturing his TDs. Thoughts?
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,359

Re: RE: Re: 2015 Fantasy Football Thread 

Post#417 » by emunney » Fri Oct 9, 2015 2:57 am

msiris wrote:I have been offered WR J Mac KC,RB Freeman Atl, and Yelding JAX for JJones WR Atl and Bennet TE Chi. MY Rbs are Gurly, Ivory, Martin, CJ Anderson and C. Williams Buff, WR are Green Cinn, Hurns Jax, Williams Dallas. TE is Clay Buff. This guy is in the same division as me and he is 4-0 and all ready has WR Marshall and Brown Pitt along with RB Foster and Charles KC. I am 1-3 tied for third. What do you think? Ten man league and ppr.

I think he's trying to steal Julio with some spare parts. I say no way.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#418 » by M-C-G » Fri Oct 9, 2015 3:24 am

DanoMac wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

Traded-
Antonio Brown
Alfred Morris
Rishard Matthews
Thomas Rawls

Received:
Larry Fitzgerald
Mark Ingram
Andre Ellington
Duke Johnson

Thanks man. Appreciate the feedback. I actually made another move last night--

Traded-
Martellus Bennett
LeSean McCoy

Received:
Jeremy Hill
Giovani Bernard
Owen Daniels

It sucked losing Bennett, especially with the return of Cutler, but I feel I won the deal because even when (if) McCoy returns 100%, he's looked lost and sucks in Buffalo's offense. Not to mention Dixon and Williams vulturing his TDs. Thoughts?

If you pick the right Cinci running back each week, it should work really well....So it looks like you made two trade what are you left with for a roster?

Personally, I am not huge on Gio or Jeremy because I think they are both really good and hence rob each other to the point where they are both iffy starts. If either gets hurt, you have a gold mine though.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#419 » by M-C-G » Fri Oct 9, 2015 3:30 am

LUKE23 wrote:Start Houston's defense for sure.

May have dodged a giant bullet there...that defense has sooooo much talent and looks like they have given up on butt chin O'Brien
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,850

Post#420 » by BUCKnation » Fri Oct 9, 2015 3:00 pm

I was very close to picking up the Texans D, but opted not to and Im bery happy about it, especially since my opponent grabbed them and gave him 0 pts.

Return to Green Bay Packers