ImageImage

2015 Fantasy Football Thread

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,347

Re: 2015 Fantasy Football Thread 

Post#441 » by M-C-G » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:38 pm

Curious what sites you guys use to research for FF?
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,669

Post#442 » by msiris » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:59 am

Sea Rb Rawls at Cinn or Buff Rb Dixon at Tenn? Thanks.
Ride the tank
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,321

Post#443 » by th87 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:24 am

My lineup this week:

QB: Rodgers
WR: A. Brown, K. Wright
RB: Gore, Yeldon
TE: Walker
Flex: D. Lewis

So I need to drop one of these guys for a defense:

J. Reed, Rawls, David Johnson, Desean Jackson, Davante Adams, Christine Michael

I'm leaning towards dropping Rawls. My rationale is as follows:

- Reed's out: the TE position is total trash on the waiver wire (Ebron, Green, ASJ).
- Johnson can potentially take over the backfield situation.
- Jackson is Washington's top receiver when healthy.
- I obviously still have high hopes for Adams
- The Cowboys don't seem sold on Randle or DMC.

Rawls is starting this week, but Lynch will be back soon.

Your thoughts?
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#444 » by M-C-G » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:53 pm

msiris wrote:Sea Rb Rawls at Cinn or Buff Rb Dixon at Tenn? Thanks.

Pretty even in terms of talents and touches they should get. I don't think Cincy has given up a rushing TD to a RB this year and Ten has given up 3 in the last two weeks.

Since I think both guys may be TD dependent I'd probably lean toward Boobie if I think they are both going to get the same touches. But that is a really tough call.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#445 » by M-C-G » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:56 pm

th87 wrote:My lineup this week:

QB: Rodgers
WR: A. Brown, K. Wright
RB: Gore, Yeldon
TE: Walker
Flex: D. Lewis

So I need to drop one of these guys for a defense:

J. Reed, Rawls, David Johnson, Desean Jackson, Davante Adams, Christine Michael

I'm leaning towards dropping Rawls. My rationale is as follows:

- Reed's out: the TE position is total trash on the waiver wire (Ebron, Green, ASJ).
- Johnson can potentially take over the backfield situation.
- Jackson is Washington's top receiver when healthy.
- I obviously still have high hopes for Adams
- The Cowboys don't seem sold on Randle or DMC.

Rawls is starting this week, but Lynch will be back soon.

Your thoughts?

I'd drop Reed. He is so damn injury prone how can you count on him? I'd rather stream weekly match ups versus cutting a starting RB which Rawls is for the time being.

Julius Thomas is coming back this week or next, maybe you can get one more week out of Rawls and then either pick back up Reed or grab a guy like Thomas in a trade/waiver wire?

I'm hoarding David Johnson and Christine Michael wherever I can. Might be a year too early on both but I think they can deliver down the stretch this year as RB1 types if the get the opportunity.
Xanadu
Sixth Man
And1: 432

Post#446 » by Xanadu » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:58 pm

M-C-G wrote:
Profound23 wrote:Yeah I dropped David Johnson in one league, kept him in the other just in case. I get so tired of coaches who continue to be stubborn and not give the younger and better back more carries. Went through it with Hyde and Gore last year. I also fear once McCoy comes back that Rex will try to force the issue with him.

Next year I expect Todd Gurley, Devonta Freeman, and Melvin Gordon to be first round picks. David Johnson, Matt Jones, Karlos Williams, and Ameer Abdullah to be 2nd round picks. I also expect that I will take one of these guys over a top WR and be mad at myself 4 games into the season.

I think I have mentioned it on here, but I think David Johnson is the most likely to have a Jeremy Hill-esque rise. The guy is just a playmaker, I really hope he doesn't have a ten cent head to go with it. Don't want to give Arians any reasons to not trust him.

Freeman I really think is going to regress. Don't forget they had him and still used a second round pick on Tevin Coleman, so I think if I had Freeman I would look to sell.

As for Gordon, really seems like Woodhead is going to eat too much into his workload to be a first round pick.

Assuming Alf Morris is a free agent, I think Jones is a fringe first next year.

Bills invested too much into McCoy for Karlos to get enough work to justify Karlos in the second. I think it will be comparable to a guy like Carlos Hyde the year before, who seemed to be going in the 5th to 7th round.

As for Abdullah, I hope you are right, because I invested in him for a dynasty league and took him a bit too early to make sure I snagged him.

Damn you I just dropped Johnson but your making me regret my decision. But I am hoping nobody picks him up so I can drop Rawls for him when Lynch comes back. I need a packer on my team the two available are Rich Rod and Adams. Went Rich because I am stacked at WR. Do have Graham but he has been super disappointing so far although I doubt I will bench him for Rich at any point.
Bucks fandom bringing me happiness still seems like a dream.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#447 » by M-C-G » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:36 pm

Xanadu wrote:Damn you I just dropped Johnson but your making me regret my decision. But I am hoping nobody picks him up so I can drop Rawls for him when Lynch comes back. I need a packer on my team the two available are Rich Rod and Adams. Went Rich because I am stacked at WR. Do have Graham but he has been super disappointing so far although I doubt I will bench him for Rich at any point.

Don't worry too much, it might be a year too early, but I see a bunch of talent and the guys in front of him are brittle (Ellington) and washed up in CJ (though he has looked better as of late).

It is a very similar scenario to Dallas, where I am licking my chops waiting for Christine Michael to get some carries. I really think he will out perform Randle and McFadden and he'll be the guy by the time playoffs roll around.
DigitalFool
Veteran
And1: 138

Post#448 » by DigitalFool » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:23 pm

Ugh, don't like that Julio is starting but nursing that hammy. Had to replace him in 6 DFS leagues for Beckham. Hope he doesn't have another career day.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,253

Post#449 » by Mags FTW » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:38 pm

I need to start doing more 50/50s and double ups. That was easy money today. Finished in the top 10% of all the ones I entered including 80th out of 4500.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Re: RE: Re: 2015 Fantasy Football Thread 

Post#450 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:07 am

Just seeing this. I dropped Dixon for Rawls this morning and started him.
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,669

Post#451 » by msiris » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:54 am

PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:

I trusted neither and went with Martin. :D
Ride the tank
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#452 » by Profound23 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:05 am

In the league I loved my draft, my team is falling apart. Jamaal Charles gone, so now I will use my #1 waiver wire on Charcandrick West. Carried Knile Davis, really expected him to be the handcuff.

My first five picks were Jamaal Charles, CJ Anderson, GRONK, Jordan Matthews, Brandin Cooks (terrible)

In the league I hated my draft, my team is coming together nicely with DeAndre Hopkins, Gurley, Doug Martin, and the Chris Johnson/Ellington duo.

(After Luck/Calvin/Ellington as my first three picks I landed Hopkins, Doug Martin, Chris Ivory, Gurley which so far have been my top guys)
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#453 » by LikeABosh » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:55 am

So I'm 5-0 in one league and 0-5 in another.

Not sure how I should feel...
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#454 » by M-C-G » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:48 pm

LikeABosh wrote:So I'm 5-0 in one league and 0-5 in another.

Not sure how I should feel...

2.5-2.5 should feel about right
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#455 » by M-C-G » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:50 pm

msiris wrote:
PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:

I trusted neither and went with Martin. :D

That's what makes ff crazy. The Bills carry Boobie Dixon on the roster for a few years, by all reports are giving him the carries and sign bench fodder that week, that ends up starting and getting more carries ( I think ) then Dixon.

If Dixon isn't good enough to get the ball in that match up, under those circumstances, why the hell is he even in the NFL?

Rawls on the other hand breaks through and has a huge day, running behind the same offensive line that Lynch can't find a hole behind?

Sheer madness I tell you.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#456 » by M-C-G » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:52 pm

Profound23 wrote:In the league I loved my draft, my team is falling apart. Jamaal Charles gone, so now I will use my #1 waiver wire on Charcandrick West. Carried Knile Davis, really expected him to be the handcuff.

My first five picks were Jamaal Charles, CJ Anderson, GRONK, Jordan Matthews, Brandin Cooks (terrible)

In the league I hated my draft, my team is coming together nicely with DeAndre Hopkins, Gurley, Doug Martin, and the Chris Johnson/Ellington duo.

(After Luck/Calvin/Ellington as my first three picks I landed Hopkins, Doug Martin, Chris Ivory, Gurley which so far have been my top guys)

I have been rostering Kniles Davis all year in one league, waiting for him to get his chance. I was shocked to see he didn't get a lot of action. At this point, I am going to give it another week and monitor but I thought he was by far the most talented guy other than Charles, Kelce and maybe Maclin on that entire offense.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,968

Post#457 » by Badgerlander » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:02 pm

Nooooo, not Jamaal
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,451

Post#458 » by neiLz » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:02 pm

Started Vereen in PPR and it paid off! in another league, played vincent jackson over allen hurns and lost. Looks like I'll be starting hurns all year now.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,869

Post#459 » by humanrefutation » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:21 pm

Looking Charles is a disaster for one of my teams. :(
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#460 » by Profound23 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:53 pm

M-C-G wrote:
Profound23 wrote:In the league I loved my draft, my team is falling apart. Jamaal Charles gone, so now I will use my #1 waiver wire on Charcandrick West. Carried Knile Davis, really expected him to be the handcuff.

I have been rostering Kniles Davis all year in one league, waiting for him to get his chance. I was shocked to see he didn't get a lot of action. At this point, I am going to give it another week and monitor but I thought he was by far the most talented guy other than Charles, Kelce and maybe Maclin on that entire offense.

Well I kept Davis and now will use my #1 waiver wire status on C. West. It sucks because I wanted Karlos Williams, but when McCoy comes back who knows how many touches he will get. This way I am sure to have both KC backs.

Return to Green Bay Packers