2015 Fantasy Football Thread

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

Marley2Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 2,425

Re: 2015 Fantasy Football Thread 

Post#461 » by Marley2Hendrix » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:18 pm

M-C-G wrote:
Profound23 wrote:In the league I loved my draft, my team is falling apart. Jamaal Charles gone, so now I will use my #1 waiver wire on Charcandrick West. Carried Knile Davis, really expected him to be the handcuff.

My first five picks were Jamaal Charles, CJ Anderson, GRONK, Jordan Matthews, Brandin Cooks (terrible)

In the league I hated my draft, my team is coming together nicely with DeAndre Hopkins, Gurley, Doug Martin, and the Chris Johnson/Ellington duo.

(After Luck/Calvin/Ellington as my first three picks I landed Hopkins, Doug Martin, Chris Ivory, Gurley which so far have been my top guys)

I have been rostering Kniles Davis all year in one league, waiting for him to get his chance. I was shocked to see he didn't get a lot of action. At this point, I am going to give it another week and monitor but I thought he was by far the most talented guy other than Charles, Kelce and maybe Maclin on that entire offense.

On a fantasy forum I frequent, those who watched the chiefs game said Reid was quoted as saying Kniles will be the primary ball carrier next week. However, because Charizard is more similar to Charles, they wouldn't have to modify the game plan if they used him as the primary the rest of the way. Next week, when they do have time to gameplan, they will game plan around Kniles.

Whole lot of good internet discussion about Kniles vs. West, but if the above dialogue did occur, I'd marginally put my waiver claim in for Davis over West, though, tbh, I'm not feeling that great about either being better than a flex unless KC really reconsiders what they are doing on offense. Kind of wondering what it would take for Chance to get a shot a QB. Be interesting if Smith loses a week to injury if he loses his job the same way a 2nd time around...
You gotta make it sexy! Hips and nips, otherwise I'm not eating.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,347

Post#462 » by M-C-G » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:54 pm

Marley2Hendrix wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
Profound23 wrote:In the league I loved my draft, my team is falling apart. Jamaal Charles gone, so now I will use my #1 waiver wire on Charcandrick West. Carried Knile Davis, really expected him to be the handcuff.

My first five picks were Jamaal Charles, CJ Anderson, GRONK, Jordan Matthews, Brandin Cooks (terrible)

In the league I hated my draft, my team is coming together nicely with DeAndre Hopkins, Gurley, Doug Martin, and the Chris Johnson/Ellington duo.

(After Luck/Calvin/Ellington as my first three picks I landed Hopkins, Doug Martin, Chris Ivory, Gurley which so far have been my top guys)

I have been rostering Kniles Davis all year in one league, waiting for him to get his chance. I was shocked to see he didn't get a lot of action. At this point, I am going to give it another week and monitor but I thought he was by far the most talented guy other than Charles, Kelce and maybe Maclin on that entire offense.

On a fantasy forum I frequent, those who watched the chiefs game said Reid was quoted as saying Kniles will be the primary ball carrier next week. However, because Charizard is more similar to Charles, they wouldn't have to modify the game plan if they used him as the primary the rest of the way. Next week, when they do have time to gameplan, they will game plan around Kniles.

Whole lot of good internet discussion about Kniles vs. West, but if the above dialogue did occur, I'd marginally put my waiver claim in for Davis over West, though, tbh, I'm not feeling that great about either being better than a flex unless KC really reconsiders what they are doing on offense. Kind of wondering what it would take for Chance to get a shot a QB. Be interesting if Smith loses a week to injury if he loses his job the same way a 2nd time around...

In a FAAB league, I am really struggling with what to do about West...I am in dire need of a RB and wondering if half my FAAB is worth the risk at this point, just in case he hits. That said I am really hoping Kniles is the guy.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,253

Post#463 » by Mags FTW » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:23 pm

If my Rivers-Allen stack does well tonight, I can win some decent dough on Draft Kings.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,850

Post#464 » by BUCKnation » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:40 am

Lost my 50/50 on FD by .34 pts...
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,322

Post#465 » by th87 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:55 am

The Antonio Brown-Michael Vick disconnection really costing me this year.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,253

Post#466 » by Mags FTW » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:58 am

th87 wrote:The Antonio Brown-Michael Vick disconnection really costing me this year.

Yup. I lost last week and would've again this week if Doug Martin didn't go bananas.
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,322

Post#467 » by th87 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:00 am

Mags FTW wrote:
th87 wrote:The Antonio Brown-Michael Vick disconnection really costing me this year.

Yup. I lost last week and would've again this week if Doug Martin didn't go bananas.

Ha I faced Martin this week. Still almost pulled it out with the Steelers defense. If Brown was targeted more than once in the second half...
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,968

Post#468 » by Badgerlander » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:21 pm

lost jamaal but gates pulled me out of the flames ftw :D
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#469 » by M-C-G » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:06 pm

Mags FTW wrote:

Yep, same here. Between Joe Randle looking like a disappointment, McCoy being a disappointment and Big Ben getting hurt, my season is pretty much doomed.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#470 » by M-C-G » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:08 pm

Marley2Hendrix wrote:On a fantasy forum I frequent, those who watched the chiefs game said Reid was quoted as saying Kniles will be the primary ball carrier next week. However, because Charizard is more similar to Charles, they wouldn't have to modify the game plan if they used him as the primary the rest of the way. Next week, when they do have time to gameplan, they will game plan around Kniles.

With Latavius and Randle on bye and McCoy hurt, I have to roll with Knile or David Johnson in the line up. DJ is crazy touchdown dependent given he only got 6 snaps with Ellington back in the fold. May just have to bite the bullet, start Davis and see what happens. That said, I sure hope he is the guy.
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 942

Post#471 » by Lippo » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:21 pm

Was up 24, he had Gates, lost by 4
FML
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Post#472 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:11 pm

Sounds like the "experts" are saying West over Davis. I had Davis handcuffed but will probably try to pick up West as well.
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#473 » by M-C-G » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:41 pm

PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:Sounds like the "experts" are saying West over Davis. I had Davis handcuffed but will probably try to pick up West as well.

Really need Knile to step up and win this job.

While many lay football fans will automatically assume Knile Davis will take over the role, Charcandrick West has actually been Charles' backup the last several weeks.

After Charles' injury in the second half of Sunday's 18-17 loss to the Chicago Bears, West took 18 snaps, Davis took four, per Pro Football Focus.

West, a second-year back, said he expects both to play if Charles is lost for the season.

"We haven't heard anything," West said, via the Kansas City Star. "They told us -- me and Knile -- we're both going to play, we both have to be ready to step up. We know our big brother went down, so it's time for us to step up."

Prior to this week, coach Andy Reid said West took over the backup role because, in part, he was better in the passing game. Davis hadn't taken an offensive snap in the previous two weeks. Reid insisted after the game that K.C. will run a committee in Charles' absence.

"I'm not saying who is or is not the feature guy, but we need both of them," Reid said. "Both their games are different. We'll just see how that goes. You saw both of them played today, so we'll got back to the drawing board on that and get it right."

West has a leg up and should get the chance to earn the bulk of the carries. He showed flashes in the preseason and averaged 4.4 yards per carry on seven totes in relief Sunday.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports the Chiefs will work out former Texans and Browns running back Ben Tate on Tuesday, according to a source informed of the situation. The Chiefs are also bringing in former Saints running back Pierre Thomas for a workout Tuesday.

Whoever gets the call, could struggle. The Chiefs offense went in the tank after Charles exited. Without the game-breaking back to occupy the defense, teams can load up to stop Alex Smith's quick passing attack. We will see if Reid and Smith decide to get further away from their horizontal passing attack now that they don't have Charles to lean on.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#474 » by Profound23 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:51 am

I have Davis and the #1 waiver wire status. Was going to use it on Karlos Williams, now I have to use it on West.

I don't trust either one, but Andy Reid's offenses usually do well with any running back.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,359

Post#475 » by emunney » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:51 am

I'm claiming Snead over the KC backs.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#476 » by M-C-G » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:17 am

emunney wrote:I'm claiming Snead over the KC backs.

Luckily for me I snagged him last week
Profound23
RealGM

Post#477 » by Profound23 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:08 am

M-C-G wrote:

I didn't trust him but he looks for real.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#478 » by M-C-G » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:12 am

Profound23 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

I didn't trust him but he looks for real.

I don't know that I trust him as I haven't gotten the coverage for Saints games often, but I was lucky enough to jump on Colston (he was TE eligible in yahoo), so I knew the Colts would play a guy even if he was a late pick or undrafted.
Profound23
RealGM

Post#479 » by Profound23 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:31 am

I got C. West and Karlos Williams. Knew I would get one, but both? Hoping McCoy sits out a few games and Karlos is fine with the concussion issues so I can decide who to play between West and Davis.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#480 » by M-C-G » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:00 pm

Ok, so I am 1-4 and up until the last two weeks I had the highest scoring team...with Antonio underperforming because of Vick, Randle in the doghouse, McCoy hurt, my team is now running on fumes. Missed out on West this week as a guy went 75% of the budget on him and beat me out by 3 dollars.

Basically, I lose, I am done. So who do you start

Option A
Palmer, Brees (1)
Fitz, A. Brown or Cooks (2)
Knile Davis, Theo Riddick, David Johnson, Chris Thompson (2) - Randle, Christine Michael, McCoy, Latavius all out this week, so slim pickings

Very slim pickings on the waiver wire, Alf Morris, Dexter McCluster, Khriy Robinsons are basically it.

I am leaning toward stacking the Cardinals and going with Plamer, Fitz, David Johnson, and then leaning toward Cooks over Brown (Vick just looks like he has no ability to throw a timing route what so ever) and lastly Theo Riddick as it is a half point ppr.

Need to catch lightening in a bottle over the season is over. Thoughts?

Return to Green Bay Packers