ImageImage

2015 Fantasy Football Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Marley2Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 2,426

Re: 2015 Fantasy Football Thread 

Post#21 » by Marley2Hendrix » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:36 am

Profound23 wrote:Easy fix Marley. You can put all kickers and defenses on the do not draft list. If you set up your lists correctly it won't draft them no matter what, then just pick up your kicker/def off the waiver wire. I do this with Tight Ends not named Gronk as well. Although I never get Gronk because some idiot always takes him in the first round.

Genius! Feeling so much better about this league, now.
You gotta make it sexy! Hips and nips, otherwise I'm not eating.
sidney moncrief
Junior
And1: 186

Post#22 » by sidney moncrief » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:18 pm

My league is looking to make a move from CBS to a new website. CBS has been good because it's a bit more custom which is necessary for us, but they've made so many changes in recent years that the site has become too clumsy and difficult to navigate. It doesn't justify the cost they charge us anymore.

Has anybody had good experiences with other fully customizable websites that aren't as pricey?
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,493

Post#23 » by Profound23 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:51 pm

sidney moncrief wrote:My league is looking to make a move from CBS to a new website. CBS has been good because it's a bit more custom which is necessary for us, but they've made so many changes in recent years that the site has become too clumsy and difficult to navigate. It doesn't justify the cost they charge us anymore.

Has anybody had good experiences with other fully customizable websites that aren't as pricey?

We used Sportsline when we first started playing online. The cost rose every year so we switched to Yahoo (free) and never looked back.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#24 » by M-C-G » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:00 pm

Profound23 wrote:I think I am looking at pick 6 in a 12 team draft.

Hoping someone drafts Antonio Brown in top 5....I get one of the top backs (Lynch or Bell) and when it snakes back get DeMarco Murray, McCoy, or CJ Anderson.........third TY Hilton..........fourth Peyton Manning. That looks like my best case scenario as far as top 4.

I am also hoping Joseph Randle doesn't do much in preseason because right now he is going 5th round and that will be a steal.

(My league we use 2 RBs, 2 WRs, and a flex either WR or RB....no PPR)

I am in a keeper league where I can only keep one of Ingram (6th), Randle (7th round), Travis Kelce (10th round) Lativius Murray (11th round)...agonizing a bit between Randle and Murray...I think Randle could be an absolute steal there, and he has already gone up two rounds of ADP since I started doing some mocks in the last couple of weeks.

I think he is a 3-4th rounder by the time my draft roles around. I am a little concerned that Murray might be one of those guys that can't stay healthy like McFadden2.0
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,169
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#25 » by Kerb Hohl » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:56 pm

I'm struggling to quantify this year. I'm not sure I want to touch any of Denver that are all propped up by a 39-year old, 80% health QB.

I'm having a hard time identifying teams that will step up to be juggernaut fantasy offenses. I want to jump back on the Atlanta train, but their coach terrifies me. I fear a bunch of running and "defensive identity."

Philly is nice but questions. Colts are probably the top offense to target but you're counting on guys at the back of their careers as some of the main picks, or at least guys to spread the touches out. Buffalo, Jets, Chiefs (sans Charles), Oakland, Jacksonville are barren wastelands.

No idea what to expect from Mariota and don't like Jameis. Miami is going to be a decent offense but no high-ceiling players.

Don't like the Saints anymore.

Arizona spreads it out too much to like many of their players. Washington, Giants, Bears - could be good offenses, could be trash.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#26 » by M-C-G » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:57 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:I'm struggling to quantify this year. I'm not sure I want to touch any of Denver that are all propped up by a 39-year old, 80% health QB.

I'm having a hard time identifying teams that will step up to be juggernaut fantasy offenses. I want to jump back on the Atlanta train, but their coach terrifies me. I fear a bunch of running and "defensive identity."

Philly is nice but questions. Colts are probably the top offense to target but you're counting on guys at the back of their careers as some of the main picks, or at least guys to spread the touches out. Buffalo, Jets, Chiefs (sans Charles), Oakland, Jacksonville are barren wastelands.

No idea what to expect from Mariota and don't like Jameis. Miami is going to be a decent offense but no high-ceiling players.

Don't like the Saints anymore.

Arizona spreads it out too much to like many of their players. Washington, Giants, Bears - could be good offenses, could be trash.

It is a weird transition year...You have the uncertainty of the Saints (perennial fantasy funhouse), Denver sounding like they are going to commit to being a running team, Philly doing who knows what and San Fran looking like they might be terrible.

I am expecting Minnesota to improve significantly, I am going to take the risk on Philly players as they seem undervalued across the board, and I am going to jump all in on the Arizona passing attack. They are criminally undervalued right now. And lastly I'm buying the Steelers hype...they know their defense sucks and they have tons of weapons to open up the passing game.

I'm also going to try and nab Cam Newton at a decent price...people are way too down on him, given the injuries he was playing with last year. When he started to run again toward the end of the season he was putting up some decent outings and ended the year on a pretty decent QB rating (98 over his last 3)
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Post#27 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:33 am

sidney moncrief wrote:My league is looking to make a move from CBS to a new website. CBS has been good because it's a bit more custom which is necessary for us, but they've made so many changes in recent years that the site has become too clumsy and difficult to navigate. It doesn't justify the cost they charge us anymore.

Both my leagues are keeper leagues that draft offline. The one I run uses Yahoo, the one my friend runs is ESPN. Both are pretty good. I also used to use CBS but decided a couple of years ago the price was not worth it with the free options getting better every year.
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
Profound23
RealGM

Post#28 » by Profound23 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:57 am

Yahoo put Lacy at #1. No way! I like him....but no way he ends up being worth the #1 pick.
Fort Minor
Lead Assistant
And1: 70

Post#29 » by Fort Minor » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:07 pm

14-man, Non-PPR, standard scoring (4 pts per QB TD pass) league)

Do I keep:

Lamar Miller in the 6th

Or

Russell Wilson in the 9th

Wilson seems like better value, but having a patchwork group of RBs last season is making me paranoid, and Miller seems like a good bet to have a solid year.
BuckPack wrote:People still listen to Gery?
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,169
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#30 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:45 pm

I feel like Wilson in the 9th seems too obvious, by the book. Some places have him as the #3 QB or so.

The Dolphins will find a way to still piss off fantasy owners and spread out all of the touchdowns or inexplicably just not score in several games. Didn't they draft a RB fairly high? I've always been a Miller fan, but they've found a reason every single week of every season to bench him for a fumble or bring in another RB inside the 10.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,223

Re: RE: Re: 2015 Fantasy Football Thread 

Post#31 » by HKPackFan » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:05 pm

Fort Minor wrote:14-man, Non-PPR, standard scoring (4 pts per QB TD pass) league)

Do I keep:

Lamar Miller in the 6th

Or

Wilson seems like better value, but having a patchwork group of RBs last season is making me paranoid, and Miller seems like a good bet to have a solid year.

Wilson. Remember he runs too plus has a legit top target for once.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Fort Minor
Lead Assistant
And1: 70

Post#32 » by Fort Minor » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:32 pm

Thanks for the input guys!

I do agree that Wilson there seems *too* obvious, and I think I have a tendency to outsmart myself in those situations. Avoiding that this year. Gonna go with the logical choice. :D
BuckPack wrote:People still listen to Gery?
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,512

Post#33 » by th87 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:06 pm

Profound23 wrote:I am loving how everyone is sleeping on some of the premier wide receivers.

Seeing Calvin and AJ Green fall. Hopefully this trend continues. Would love the 1st pick and have both of them fall to me for my 2nd and 3rd round picks.

You have any spots in your league left?
Profound23
RealGM

Post#34 » by Profound23 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:41 pm

th87 wrote:
Profound23 wrote:I am loving how everyone is sleeping on some of the premier wide receivers.

Seeing Calvin and AJ Green fall. Hopefully this trend continues. Would love the 1st pick and have both of them fall to me for my 2nd and 3rd round picks.

You have any spots in your league left?

I do draft with some dumb people, but doing mock drafts and seeing these guys fall late.

I wish they would stop talking up Ameer Abdullah. Been following this guy for a while and I was hoping to get him late. My two sleepers were Ameer and Joseph Randle......looks like I will need to use my 3rd round pick to get Ameer and miss out on Randle.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,883

Post#35 » by RiotPunch » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:36 pm

RealGM league this year?
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#36 » by M-C-G » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:13 pm

Fort Minor wrote:14-man, Non-PPR, standard scoring (4 pts per QB TD pass) league)

Do I keep:

Lamar Miller in the 6th

Or

So I will play devils advocate to the other responses...It will likely be easier to replace Wilson points in rounds 6 (just using 3 rounds up as an example), then it would to replace Millers points in round 3.

To say it another way, you aren't getting someone as good as Miller in the third round but you may likely be able to get someone as good Wilson in the 6th, especially if you are in a 2RB + flex league for instance (and assuming 1 QB league). There are a lot more QBs to go around that are going to be serviceable then there are starting RBs.
DigitalFool
Veteran
And1: 138

Post#37 » by DigitalFool » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:23 pm

RiotPunch wrote:RealGM league this year?

It was defunct last year too - I'm game to commish one if we have enough interest. But I'm becoming bored of free leagues because of the lack of effort.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,967

Post#38 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:51 pm

So in ESPN's fantasy guide the head fantasy dude says NO QBS BEFORE THE MIDDLE ROUNDS and NO RODGERS OR GRONK because of where they're typically going.

Yet it seems like in the past three years the guy who dominates the league has Rodgers and/or a ridiculous TE in either Graham or Gronk. Has anyone done regression analysis on winning rosters to find who the winning teams are taking?
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,938

Post#39 » by BUCKnation » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:23 am

Yeah, usually I agree with that, but Peyton Manning, before his regression in the last few weeks last year, would carry teams in standard leagues. Some QB's, like possibly Rodgers, should be taken that early, imo.
Profound23
RealGM

Post#40 » by Profound23 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:03 am

ReasonablySober wrote:So in ESPN's fantasy guide the head fantasy dude says NO QBS BEFORE THE MIDDLE ROUNDS and NO RODGERS OR GRONK because of where they're typically going.

Yet it seems like in the past three years the guy who dominates the league has Rodgers and/or a ridiculous TE in either Graham or Gronk. Has anyone done regression analysis on winning rosters to find who the winning teams are taking?

I agree somewhat. It depends where you are drafting and who is there. Rodgers and Luck will put up great numbers.

However the difference between Luck/Rodgers and Carson Palmer/Andy Dalton won't be greater than the difference between the skilled position players like CJ Anderson/Calvin Johnson compared to Duke Johnson/Reuben Randle.

Gronk has been going in the first round. No way I am doing that. Normally I go RB/WR for the first 5-6 picks unless someone falls too far.

Return to Green Bay Packers