General Manager
And1: 5,106

Re: Packers Steelers - Jordy Blows out Knee 

Post#301 » by JimmyTheKid » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:00 pm

chuckleslove wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:
zmanishere11 wrote:
I'm a bit surprised we haven't heard anything yet, which makes me a bit hopeful

Thats McCarthy's MO. Wait until you absolutely have to address the media. They probably know Jordy tore his ACL and is done for the year. Immediately after the game, Tomlin announced Pouncey broke his ankle. He addressed it and now doesn't have to deal with constant media speculation. I know McCarthy likes to keep "family business" "in-house," but he always ends up getting so worked up and defensive when questioned, it would make sense to put it to bed as soon as possible.

On a broken bone you do an X-Ray immediately and get the results. Often on an MRI you need to wait for the swelling to go down. Worst take ever.

So well respected NFL guy, Ian Rapport, put his league wide reputation on the line by wildly guessing about Jordy's ACL and luckily got it right? Why in the world would he take that risk to break news about an injury? My guess is that he has a source within the Packers organization who told him about the ACL tear. Meaning McCarthy and the team could have made the announcement right after the game.

And you haven't noticed McCarthy getting pissy with the media over the years regarding questions about injuries? Worst observer ever.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager

Re: Packers Steelers - Jordy Officially Out for Season 

Post#302 » by JimmyTheKid » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:03 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25279353/lions-safety-god-meant-for-packers-wr-jordy-nelson-to-get-hurt

According to Lions safety Glover Quin, the length of the preseason doesn't matter because the injuries are going to happen no matter what. Quin believes that players like Nelson are predestined by God to be injured.

"I hated Jordy got hurt, but in my beliefs, and the way I believe, it was -- God meant for Jordy to get hurt," Quin told MLive.com.

Quin basically believes that Nelson would've still gotten hurt even if he sat out the entire preseason because the injury was "meant" to happen.

"If he wouldn't have got hurt [on Sunday], if he wouldn't have played in that game, if he wouldn't have practiced anymore, and the next time he walked on the field would have been opening day, I feel like he would have got hurt opening day," Quin said.

Cool story bro.

I don't see what's the big deal. Take God out of it if you're an atheist or agnostic or someone who doesn't believe in God - and basically Quin is saying that sometimes things are just meant to be - if it was a regular season game instead of preseason game, he would've still gotten hurt on that play. Especially considering the nature of his injury - it wasn't based on a vicious hit or something, but on a twist and turn that Jordy has done millions of times. That shows me it was bound to happen sooner or later.

Are you serious? If so, then you should expect Quin to say something similar every single time a football player gets hurt.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,169
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#303 » by Kerb Hohl » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:04 pm

I don't really believe in much of Quin's logic, but it's not a take that bothers me a ton, I guess.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#304 » by Kerb Hohl » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:07 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
chuckleslove wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:
Thats McCarthy's MO. Wait until you absolutely have to address the media. They probably know Jordy tore his ACL and is done for the year. Immediately after the game, Tomlin announced Pouncey broke his ankle. He addressed it and now doesn't have to deal with constant media speculation. I know McCarthy likes to keep "family business" "in-house," but he always ends up getting so worked up and defensive when questioned, it would make sense to put it to bed as soon as possible.

On a broken bone you do an X-Ray immediately and get the results. Often on an MRI you need to wait for the swelling to go down. Worst take ever.

So well respected NFL guy, Ian Rapport, put his league wide reputation on the line by wildly guessing about Jordy's ACL and luckily got it right? Why in the world would he take that risk to break news about an injury? My guess is that he has a source within the Packers organization who told him about the ACL tear. Meaning McCarthy and the team could have made the announcement right after the game.

And you haven't noticed McCarthy getting pissy with the media over the years regarding questions about injuries? Worst observer ever.

The trainers did a test that is 90something% accurate on the field on Jordy. The coach, pushing all of the wrong buttons apparently, waited until the offical test proved the 90something% test. Sure, the trainers and team can internally believe that there is an injury and plan for it, all while letting it get into the media...but why are you mad at the coach for not saying anything about it until he had to and was sure of the result? That's ridiculous.

I guess this is coming from a guy that rarely ever watches press conferences from coaches because they are probably the biggest waste of time, so I guess to answer the 2nd part...no, I don't really notice or care that MM gets "pissed"...the two best coaches in the league last year (one is gone) in Harbaugh and Belichick are probably two of the biggest **** to the media there are. Who cares?

EDIT: I'm posting on a message board, just as big of a waste of time (at least the information is a bit filtered), so not judging on the press conferences thing.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager

Post#305 » by JimmyTheKid » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:18 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:
chuckleslove wrote:

The trainers did a test that is 90something% accurate on the field on Jordy. The coach, pushing all of the wrong buttons apparently, waited until the offical test proved the 90something% test. Sure, the trainers and team can internally believe that there is an injury and plan for it, all while letting it get into the media...but why are you mad at the coach for not saying anything about it until he had to and was sure of the result? That's ridiculous.

I guess this is coming from a guy that rarely ever watches press conferences from coaches because they are probably the biggest waste of time, so I guess to answer the 2nd part...no, I don't really notice or care that MM gets "pissed"...the two best coaches in the league last year (one is gone) in Harbaugh and Belichick are probably two of the biggest **** to the media there are. Who cares?

First off, I'm not "mad" at McCarthy at all. I just think its ridiculous for him to take a pissy/smug/defensive attitude when questioned about injuries. Second, I'm not saying McCarthy acted this way this particular time. My first post on this thread was made before the "official" announcement was made. That post included an observation about how McCarthy has handled past injuries and a guess as to why we hadn't heard anything from the team. Apparently, that was the "worst take ever." :D
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,940

Post#306 » by humanrefutation » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:31 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:

I don't see what's the big deal. Take God out of it if you're an atheist or agnostic or someone who doesn't believe in God - and basically Quin is saying that sometimes things are just meant to be - if it was a regular season game instead of preseason game, he would've still gotten hurt on that play. Especially considering the nature of his injury - it wasn't based on a vicious hit or something, but on a twist and turn that Jordy has done millions of times. That shows me it was bound to happen sooner or later.

Are you serious? If so, then you should expect Quin to say something similar every single time a football player gets hurt.

Ok. I'm sure he would say that, actually.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#307 » by Kerb Hohl » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:39 pm

Right...I guess I won't comment on the McCarthy presser thing because I don't care that much if he's smug. I mean, if it was a serious issue, then sure.

In terms of him waiting to announce...why would he announce it? It would be like a police spokesman coming out and calling a guy their lead suspect and indicting him on the murder while the DNA results were pending for another few hours. Sure, the local media has reported that his hat and fingerprints were found at the scene, but why make the official announcement until the main diagnostic test has come back?
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,176

Post#308 » by Iheartfootball » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:40 pm

Profound23 wrote:
Iheartfootball wrote:
Profound23 wrote:

I don't remember any Packer fan celebrating when AP went down with a torn ACL. In fact, we were all very impressed to see him come back so quickly and commended him for it.

Probably because they were awful. And because there are more Packer fans than the ones you know. But if you really don't think there were you might be slightly delusional. Fans for every team have crazies. Every team.

Go to a random Packer board after the AP injury and nobody celebrated. GO to a random Viking board now and....?

In fact go to a random Bucks board after D. Rose hurt himself? Go to a random Bears board now.......?

Are there awful fans everywhere? Of course! But how many more are there in Minny/CHI?

People that post on random boards are not all fans. You're cherry picking. Anyway, it really doesn't matter.
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 945

Post#309 » by Lippo » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:21 pm

Yeah , the preseason had nothing to do with that injury, could have just as easily happened running routes in practice or playing catch with his kid. Freak injury.. no contact, didnt look like anything ....
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#310 » by chuckleslove » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:59 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
chuckleslove wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:

There is preliminary testing that is damn accurate that they do and can test the integrity of the knee.

It would be like if you went to the doctor with a sore throat and they looked and saw it was pink in the back. They would likely tell you that you probably have strep throat, prescribe some antibiotics and then grab a culture to test and confirm the diagnosis. It happens ALL the time in the medical profession, some things are quick and easy to diagnose. My worst take ever comment literally had nothing to do with what you said about MM and his demeanor at the press conference. I don't care what a coach says at a press conference. Bill Belichik is probably the biggest dick at his press conferences and even more smug than MM. My worst take ever comment was comparing a broken bone, something that can literally be diagnosed via X-Ray in about 5 minutes compared to an MRI that they have to wait for the swelling to go down and is usually confirmed in 24-48 hours after the injury. That doesn't mean they didn't do preliminary tests that are pretty damn accurate.

For instance lets look at this report from the night of Jabari's injury:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12035237/jabari-parker-milwaukee-bucks-sprains-knee

PHOENIX -- Milwaukee Bucks forward Jabari Parker left Monday's 96-94 win over the Phoenix Suns early in the third quarter because of a left knee sprain and did not return.

Coach Jason Kidd said after the game that Parker will be further examined Tuesday.

Again, further testing the next day.

This tweet came out that night

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/545060011643506688[/tweet]

Then it was confirmed the next day to be official.

This is standard operating procedure that for some reason you want to rip in to the coach and organization over literally nothing.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#311 » by wichmae » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:25 pm

Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,493

Post#312 » by Profound23 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:45 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:
Profound23 wrote:
Iheartfootball wrote:
Probably because they were awful. And because there are more Packer fans than the ones you know. But if you really don't think there were you might be slightly delusional. Fans for every team have crazies. Every team.

Go to a random Packer board after the AP injury and nobody celebrated. GO to a random Viking board now and....?

In fact go to a random Bucks board after D. Rose hurt himself? Go to a random Bears board now.......?

Are there awful fans everywhere? Of course! But how many more are there in Minny/CHI?

People that post on random boards are not all fans. You're cherry picking. Anyway, it really doesn't matter.

By random I mean any board. And if you are saying anyone who posts on any Packer board isn't a true fan then none of us are true Packer fans? I am not cherry picking. I am saying REALGM. Go to the Packers board when AP went down and we all felt bad. You want to talk about how they aren't beating us...well ok the same fans when D. Rose went down from an organization that kicked our butts over and over and the fans still felt bad.

Go to http://www.scout.com/nfl/packers/forums where they too weren't excited and felt bad for AP. Those guys there have been Packer fans for decades and are die-hards.

Now look at that very same Viking board where they too are die hard true Viking fans. Look at their posts.

That isn't cherry picking. If it doesn't matter to you then please move along to another poster. It matters to me that their fans at a higher ratio to our fans are terrible people and makes me happier every year that goes by they miss out on a Superbowl.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,493

Post#313 » by Profound23 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:48 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:

I can't take God out of it because I am not an atheist. If you are then I understand your reasoning. My issue is that he says "God meant for Jordy to get hurt." I won't go too much into my belief system but I think way too often we think we know God and we don't have a clue. Is it possible it was in God's plans? Sure, but to just say God meant for it to happen is crazy. We shall see, if this guy feels the same when/if something like this happens to him.
Aaron It Out
General Manager
And1: 3,101

Post#314 » by Aaron It Out » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:58 pm

This thread

EastSideBucksFan wrote:At some point this board is going to have to drop their stupid bullsht agendas and just enjoy the team for once.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,176

Post#315 » by Iheartfootball » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:58 pm

Profound23 wrote:
Iheartfootball wrote:
Profound23 wrote:

By random I mean any board. And if you are saying anyone who posts on any Packer board isn't a true fan then none of us are true Packer fans? I am not cherry picking. I am saying REALGM. Go to the Packers board when AP went down and we all felt bad. You want to talk about how they aren't beating us...well ok the same fans when D. Rose went down from an organization that kicked our butts over and over and the fans still felt bad.

Go to http://www.scout.com/nfl/packers/forums where they too weren't excited and felt bad for AP. Those guys there have been Packer fans for decades and are die-hards.

Now look at that very same Viking board where they too are die hard true Viking fans. Look at their posts.

That isn't cherry picking. If it doesn't matter to you then please move along to another poster. It matters to me that their fans at a higher ratio to our fans are terrible people and makes me happier every year that goes by they miss out on a Superbowl.

Nope, not what I said about fans.

I was trying to move on to another poster but you keep making insane posts. It 'matters to you that their fans are at a higher ratio to ours as terrible people'? That's just strange.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,231

Post#316 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:36 pm

This thread has definitely run its course. Let's get back to football
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.

Return to Green Bay Packers