ImageImage

Week 2: Seahawks come to town

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,167

Week 2: Seahawks come to town 

Post#1 » by RRyder823 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:03 pm

Think it about time to kick off a new thread focusing on week 2.

Should be a great game. Bout a 50/50 chance I'll be there in person. Neither looked great in week one but still we're at 1-0 and they're sitting at 0-1.

This is a golden opportunity at home, a place where we were dominate last year, versus arguably the most talented team in the league with a chance to land an extremely serious blow to their chances to host a home game in the playoffs. We're still allright even with a loss but the Seahawks will be close to panic mode with one.

Lynch will probably go off. Just the way it is. Gotta keep Wilson in check to have a shot and get Lacy going. TO battle is the key. Gotta win it but more so then that is to capitalize off them. Little room for error with both teams as is normally the case when the best play the best.

27-21 Packers. Wouldn't be shocked at the reverse but if Kam keeps sitting out I definitely like our odds at home
zmanishere11
Sixth Man
And1: 242

Re: Week 2: Seahawks come to town 

Post#2 » by zmanishere11 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:30 pm

This is going to be tough.

Our Special teams vs. Tyler Lockett scares the crap out of me.

I think Rodgers should be able to do what he wants on offense - that D is not the same with the lack of depth and - Chancellor.

Stopping Lynch is going to be difficult but I think we get Datone back?

Absolutely cannot have the penalties this week.

I'm going to take GB anyways - we owe them a giant L after all the garbage we've dealt with in SEA the last few years.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,942

Post#3 » by BUCKnation » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:36 pm

Their o-line is probably worse than Chicago and we put some good pressure on Cutler. Really only worried about our tackling. Forte is very good, but Lynch is probably the toughest RB to stop, plus watching Wilson on the run will be tough. Could see this as a mini revenge game for the Packers, so motivation won't be lacking. Dom should have the defense running loads of extra tackling drills.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#4 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:49 pm

I am only speaking from watching a handful of plays on RedZone on the TV next to the Packers game, but Lynch seemed to be a bit more timid yesterday. Hopefully this is true since he just got paid. The 4th and 1 specifically, it seemed like he'd normally make a cut and try to bowl over the defensive lineman. Instead, he grabbed it, saw the guy, and just kinda meekly fell into his arms and was taken down.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#5 » by Bernman » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:16 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:I am only speaking from watching a handful of plays on RedZone on the TV next to the Packers game, but Lynch seemed to be a bit more timid yesterday. Hopefully this is true since he just got paid. The 4th and 1 specifically, it seemed like he'd normally make a cut and try to bowl over the defensive lineman. Instead, he grabbed it, saw the guy, and just kinda meekly fell into his arms and was taken down.

One of the Packers' OL, I want to say Sitton or Lang, admitted the NFC West's recent top teams of Seattle and San Francisco had a mental stranglehold over them. He conflated the two. Time to break it next week. This is an ultra-important game for the health of the team's psyche going into the playoffs, make no mistake about that.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Post#6 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:28 pm

Jimmy Graham against our linebackers scares the **** outta me. If we can pull out a W, it could be the biggest win of the regular season for us.
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,613

Post#7 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:33 pm

Special teams needs to have a big game, that's how St. Louis was able to beat them. Montgomery either needs to break one or consistently give us good field position. We were able to shut down their receivers last year but Graham presents a whole new challenge with how awful our linebackers are in coverage. But that Seattle defense isn't the same on the road and without Chancellor. I think it's going to be a relatively high scoring affair.

W 34-31 Packers
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,942

Post#8 » by BUCKnation » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:35 pm

Watched the highlights of the NFCCG for the first time since the game probably, and holy s***, we were cursed. No idea how we didn't score 30+.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#9 » by FAH1223 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:38 pm

I think 'due theory' should be at work here. We're due to beat Seattle. Haven't beaten them since 2009 at Lamebau.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,002

Post#10 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:50 pm

The big thing is hoping Chancelor's deal doesn't get locked up this week. He's a difference maker.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#11 » by crkone » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:18 pm

Watch out for Seattle's new no huddle looks. Luckily, the Pack got a taste of it yesterday and practice against it.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,330

Post#12 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:43 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:The big thing is hoping Chancelor's deal doesn't get locked up this week. He's a difference maker.

Agreed. It would also give them a big emotional boost. I guess if he's going to cave he'd do it this week with a Sunday night game.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,518

Post#13 » by Profound23 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:49 pm

If I am Chancellor I want the Seahawks to get embarrassed on Sunday Night against the Packers. That would give him a huge deal.
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,274

Post#14 » by WiscoKing13 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:41 pm

There's no way we win if we tackle like we did CHI, Wilson in space will make us pay. Best chance we have is if the offense clicks against a defense with a starting safety out and lackluster depth at CB.
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,243

Post#15 » by HKPackFan » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:49 pm

I expect a win because we are at home and we are due and I think the packers will clean up their game and Rodgers is going to want this game badly and will lead this offense and raise the bar.

Yet their biggest strengths on offense are our biggest weaknesses.

Lynch vs our run defense. Graham vs our **** lbs.
Scrambling Wilson vs our **** lbs.

My hope is our pass rush is effective and we have a spy waiting for Wilson to scramble and if tries to run he gets hit a few times enough to make him stay in the pocket or get rid of it early.

But I think the game plan will be Rodgers must play MVP level and just outscore Seattle.
#FreeChuckDiesel
WiscoKing13
RealGM

Post#16 » by WiscoKing13 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:29 am

Wonder who is getting cut this week. Hoping it's boyd instead of gaston.
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

WiscoKing13
RealGM

Post#17 » by WiscoKing13 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:30 am

Also heard on the news that barrington was spotted on crutches. Maybe Ryan gets some PT and shows something. DIdn't think Palmer was terrible in Coverage.
DanoMac wrote:

LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,633

Post#18 » by LikeABosh » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:16 am

BUCKnation wrote:Watched the highlights of the NFCCG for the first time since the game probably, and holy s***, we were cursed. No idea how we didn't score 30+.

Too many **** field goals inside the 20
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#19 » by Mags FTW » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:24 am

LikeABosh wrote:
BUCKnation wrote:Watched the highlights of the NFCCG for the first time since the game probably, and holy s***, we were cursed. No idea how we didn't score 30+.

Too many **** field goals inside the 20

My friends still joke about how while everyone was happy at halftime, I was sitting on the couch shaking my head and muttering, "they left too many points on the board" over and over.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#20 » by FAH1223 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:47 am

I wonder if we had JJ in the NFCCG if that would have made a difference

Just how physical he is and going up for TDs in the red zone has been missed

Return to Green Bay Packers