All NFL games
When: 7:30 p.m. Sunday.

Where: Lambeau Field.

TV: NBC. Radio: AM-

Series: Packers lead, 10-8.

Line: Packers by 3 1/2.

Weather: 64, clear.

Surface: DD GrassMaster.

Coaches: Green Bay's Mike McCarthy (102-55-1, .649) and Seattle's Pete Carroll (91-67, .576).

FIVE THINGS TO WATCH
NEW UNIFORM: Tight end Jimmy Graham will be facing the Packers for the fourth time, but it will be his first time with Seattle. In three games as a Saint, Graham caught 16 passes for 191 yards (11.9) and two touchdowns. "He's added a new dimension," a defensive assistant coach for a recent Seahawks opponent said. "We were very, very, very conscious of him. He's a nightmare matchup for safeties and linebackers. If you want to single-cover him, you've got one of two choices: either deploy somebody to double him, and that means you're probably going to have to handle that quarterback (Russell Wilson) taking off and improvising with a four-man rush, or single up and hope you can close that pocket." Said another opposing assistant: "He was a receiver in New Orleans in a tight end's body. Now they got him in-line. People are grabbing him, people are knocking on him. He's not getting open like he did in New Orleans. He had a lot of space there. He's not loving life right now in Seattle, I can tell you that."

ON THE INSIDE: Richard Sherman played in the slot at times Sunday in St. Louis after having been almost exclusively a left cornerback earlier in his career. With nickel back Jeremy Lane still not back from his Super Bowl injuries, Sherman might play inside Sunday night. "They're smaller, quicker receivers," Sherman said Wednesday in reference to slot players. "They have a little bit more room. A guy outside releases, there are only so many routes he can run. In the slot, he has the whole route tree. He (Randall Cobb) is quick, decisive, strong. He can be placed at running back, inside, outside. I think they're going to exploit that to the best of their abilities, especially with Jordy (Nelson) out."

OVER THE BALL: Center Drew Nowak will be making the second start of his career, this time back in Green Bay. He grew up in nearby De Pere. Until Jacksonville converted him to guard in 2012, Nowak had been a defensive lineman in high school and college (Western Michigan). "More of a try-hard guy," an executive in personnel for an AFC team said. "Smart enough to make the line calls and communicate with everybody else. He's not an overly talented individual. He got the job through a series of events." A defensive assistant coach for another team said the left-handed Nowak was athletic. "For a guy that's an ex-defensive lineman he's really in tune to what people are doing (stunt)-wise," said Mike Trgovac, who coaches the Packers' defensive line. "He does a good job fundamentally with his hands and shoulders. He changes it up a bit. I was impressed with him. He has the defensive aggressive personality but he's not trying to be overkill. That can be a problem for an offensive lineman."

RUSSELL REDUX: Russell Wilson is 3-0 against the Packers. His passer ratings were 99.3, 110.9 and 44.3. He also has rushed 17 times for 72 yards (4.2) and one touchdown. "They only give you 11 guys to play with," the defensive coach said. "You've got to decide by down and distance and tendencies how you're going to commit who to what. Everybody in the league knows that when he's off schedule he's as dangerous as there is in the league. He reminds me of how Michael Vick was when Michael Vick was brand new. Off schedule, he was deadly, too." Added another assistant: "He's hard to contain. Then if you slow your rush down and make him a pocket passer he's a smaller guy and it's hard to see him. You've got to go after him, just not all the time."

OLD AND NEW: Left tackle Russell Okung has faced the Packers several times in his six-year career. "He's still got a lot of really good vet tactics," said the defensive coach. "He understands how to play the position. Even when offensive linemen start getting nicked up a little bit they still know how to play. Those vets that know what to do are the hard ones to (beat)." At right tackle, converted tight end Garry Gilliam is a first-year starter. "He doesn't bring a whole lot that's special," an NFL personnel man said. "He got the job when they were struggling at left guard and moved (Justin) Britt. He does work and is fairly athletic. I will give him that. He's just not very strong."

-Bob McGinn

VIEWS OF THE GAME
BOB McGINN, Packers beat reporter

Neither team is at full strength. So be it. There can be no excuses in a game of this early-season significance. At the core, it's Mike McCarthy vs. Pete Carroll and Aaron Rodgers vs. Russell Wilson. The Packers are 0-3 in those matchups. They need to win one.

TOM SILVERSTEIN, Packers beat reporter

It's too early in the season for this game to signify who really is the better team, but it could mean a lot in relation to home-field advantage later. The Seahawks have lost back-to-back regular-season games only twice in the Russell Wilson era and will fire back after a Week 1 loss to St. Louis. But without holdout Kam Chancellor there to slow Eddie Lacy, the Packers have just enough offense to pull this out. Packers 24, Seahawks 21

MICHAEL COHEN, Packers beat reporter

A frustrated Marshawn Lynch against a Packers' run defense that was shredded by Matt Forte and is now missing a starting inside linebacker. Advantage Seahawks. But a mobile Aaron Rodgers, whose calf problems are a thing of the past, is nearly unstoppable. Advantage Packers. Behind big plays from Rodgers and a defense that does just enough, the Packers should prevail. Packers 24, Seahawks 20

LORI NICKEL, Packers beat reporter

Of the four first-half turnovers by Seattle in the January playoff game, Sam Shields and Ha Ha Clinton-Dix had three. That helped put Green Bay ahead, 16-0. Now the door to Russell Wilson is cracked open with Seattle's unproven offensive line. If Green Bay can maintain its aggressive pursuit of the turnover, it can win. Packers 31, Seahawks 27

RICK KLAUER, Packer Plus editor

The Seahawks come to Lambeau Field as the reigning NFC champs, but they are not the same team the Packers faced last January in the playoffs. Seattle has issues on its offensive line and there are cracks in its mighty defense. The Packers need to capitalize on Seattle's weaknesses and put the brakes on Marshawn Lynch. Packers 30, Seahawks 24
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,789

Re: Game 2: Seattle at Green Bay 

Post#2 » by Turk Nowitzki » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:52 pm

Please don't let get our franchise killed Mr. Barclay.
vegaspacker
Analyst
And1: 963

Post#3 » by vegaspacker » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:25 pm

Datones Jones is back, right? Not that it makes a difference though...
I needs shades for this future thing we owning..... 8-) 8-) 8-)
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,359

Post#4 » by emunney » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:10 pm

Rollins and Gunter both inactive. Is Rollins hurt?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,270

Post#5 » by WiscoKing13 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:21 pm

emunney wrote:Rollins and Gunter both inactive. Is Rollins hurt?

No, Tom Silverstein is saying they wanted an extra line man up with Bulaga out. No idea what Goodson does so well on ST that you bench Rollins and Gunter. It's nuts.
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
vegaspacker
Analyst
And1: 963

Re: RE: Re: Game 2: Seattle at Green Bay 

Post#6 » by vegaspacker » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:42 pm

WiscoKing13 wrote:

No, Tom Silverstein is saying they wanted an extra line man up with Bulaga out. No idea what Goodson does so well on ST that you bench Rollins and Gunter. It's nuts.

My guess is, that they are not concerned about Wilson's passing game. Hope that made a good decision... I still remain very perplexed!
I needs shades for this future thing we owning..... 8-) 8-) 8-)
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,004

Post#7 » by rilamann » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:45 pm

I'm trying think of a bigger regular season game from a statement standpoint since I have followed the Packers going back to the very early 90's and I can't think of one.The only that comes close would probably be when Dallas came to Lambeau in '97.

I think that the Packers learned valuble lesson from the NFC championship game and are a different team this season.I feel a different vibe from McCarthy.I don't think the Packers will be afraid to throw at Richard Sherman anymore,I think this time if they have the ball on Seattle's 1 yard line on 4th down they won't be afraid to go for it in the proper situation.

I think the Packers make that statement tonight and put the rest of the NFC on notice.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,712

Re: RE: Re: Game 2: Seattle at Green Bay 

Post#8 » by Ayt » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:50 pm

vegaspacker wrote:
WiscoKing13 wrote:

My guess is, that they are not concerned about Wilson's passing game. Hope that made a good decision... I still remain very perplexed!

Rollins was active last week, but didn't get a defensive snap. I'm pretty sure the only snaps he got were on kick coverage.

It is understandable why he'd be the odd many out this week in the secondary given the situation on the OL.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#9 » by thomchatt3rton » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:59 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing if there's a meaningful difference between a healthy, at-home Rodgers and the Rodgers that we've seen the last 3 games vs SEA. In other words, does this Seattle defense just outright own us or what.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,313

Post#10 » by crkone » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:59 pm

Goodson is more than adequate to be the 5th string CB.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
BigDee
RealGM
And1: 1,349

Post#11 » by BigDee » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:27 am

Let's go Pack!
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Post#12 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:32 am

Hope Rodgers has an epic game.
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,850

Post#13 » by BUCKnation » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:33 am

Already conservative lol
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#14 » by chuckleslove » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:35 am

Thanks for the replay when they were challenging...
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Post#15 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:36 am

Didn't know you could challenge that. Cool.
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#16 » by chuckleslove » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:36 am

What the **** is Pete Carroll bitching about? Clearly a penalty what a dumbass.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,850

Post#17 » by BUCKnation » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:36 am

Rodgers must have known it was a free play, he was going deep the whole way.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,313

Post#18 » by crkone » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:36 am

What a knob.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,283

Post#19 » by trwi7 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:36 am

What are you whining about Carroll?
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
SeaLORD_0318
Senior
And1: 185

Post#20 » by SeaLORD_0318 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:36 am

God i hate Carroll
"Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser."

Vince Lombardi

Return to Green Bay Packers