ImageImage

Game 2: Seattle at Green Bay

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,655

Re: Game 2: Seattle at Green Bay 

Post#541 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:53 am

Good tough win. Showed a lot of heart playing through the injuries. If you would have told me in august the pack would have to try and win this without Nelson Bulaga Barrington lacey and both Adams and Cobb banged up I wouldn't have liked their chances.

Great job by guys u dont expect like Randle, elliot, Raji, barclay and even perry and Neal on certain plays. Don't think it's going to be long before Randle passes up Hayward for the number 2 corner and doesn't give it back, the kid can play.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,091

Post#542 » by HKPackFan » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:54 am

I'm so pumped right now. I could climb Mt. Everest. That was a **** statement. Omg. Capers got that defense to shut down Lynch. Awesome. Just frigging. Awesome.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,386

Post#543 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:56 am

Sherman Douglas wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bizarro wrote:
Atlanta at home is dangerous. The Cards look to be formidable (though, I haven't honestly seen them play just the scores). I still expect Seattle to turn it around. Beyond that, who? I have no idea.

Thankfully, our schedule lightens up a little going forward. We started 3-3 last year. :)

Yeah but that was with Kam Chancellor and back when your defensive line was good enough to keep Richard Sherman from being exposed as ordinary.

Look, I'm not going to argue with you. You won tonight. Congrats. I'm just saying, don't completely count us out! The team under Carroll, typically has started slow & finished quite strong. We might be 0-2 now, but I still expect us to be in the hunt when its all said & done. Anyway, best of luck.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,869

Post#544 » by humanrefutation » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:57 am

If Rodgers was even 80% going into the NFCCG last year, we win that game something like 28-7. His mobility is so incredibly valuable.
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#545 » by chuckleslove » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:58 am

HKPackFan wrote:I'm so pumped right now. I could climb Mt. Everest. That was a **** statement. Omg. Capers got that defense to shut down Lynch. Awesome. Just frigging. Awesome.

Yeah I have to leave my house for work in 7 hours and can't fall asleep.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,593

Post#546 » by Balls2TheWalls » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:01 am

Biggest takeaway from tonights game? Why the **** wasn't Jayrone Elliott on the field before Mike Neal all the time?
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,386

Post#547 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:03 am

bizarro wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bizarro wrote:
Atlanta at home is dangerous. The Cards look to be formidable (though, I haven't honestly seen them play just the scores). I still expect Seattle to turn it around. Beyond that, who? I have no idea.

Thankfully, our schedule lightens up a little going forward. We started 3-3 last year. :)

Losing to ST. Louis in the opener was a pretty big loss. Arizona is going to give you trouble this year. SF could be dangerous at home (??). It will be interesting to see where you all end up. I personally think it's a matter of time before you integrate Graham or there will be dissension in the ranks. Your O-Line has some serious issues - BUT, you have a QB who can hide those deficiencies some of the time. And, man, you really miss Chancellor. Completely different defensive presence with his robotic beast play.

We lost at St. Louis last season :lol:, Arizona is good, but we seem to have their number. The Niners? We'll see. They looked completely outclassed today. The O-line will improve. It hasn't been great in Pass Pro for several years. Pretty typical. Hopefully, Kam will report his *** soon. Miss the guy, but what can you do!? We'll be okay. Best of luck. :wink:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,253

Post#548 » by Mags FTW » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:06 am

"God was a Packer fan tonight...he's taking care of us." -Rodgers
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#549 » by LikeABosh » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:15 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Seattle will crush Chicago next week

Either way, one of those teams will end up 0-3 :droop:
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#550 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:26 am

I love lacey but I think this game showed something that's not a surprise but might be a good reminder that this offense is at its best when they spread it out in shotgun and let Rodgers be the **** monster he is and just use the run as a change of pace.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#551 » by bizarro » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:27 am

LikeABosh wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Seattle will crush Chicago next week

Either way, one of those teams will end up 0-3 :droop:

:lol:
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#552 » by bizarro » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:29 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:I love lacey but I think this game showed something that's not a surprise but might be a good reminder that this offense is at its best when they spread it out in shotgun and let Rodgers be the **** monster he is and just use the run as a change of pace.

I think what this game showed me is we're really really deep across the board. Our offense is really really versatile. And, yes, we have a first ballot HOF'r running the show. I just can't get over how few mistakes he makes in a season. It's mind-boggling how good he is.
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#553 » by HKPackFan » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:41 am

THis game was awesome from so many different angles. The coaches all stepped up their game, they must have game planning for weeks. Hahah, maybe they didn't even bother to gameplan the bears just focused on Seattle. (Kidding of course).

The offense, defense, and special teams all had a game plan and all came through.

Rodgers had key moments where he became MVP. Rodgers is clutch. He can take over a game.

We had crazy depth with guys falling down and their backups stepping up their game. Starks had to come up. Dick's had a REAL strong start for year 2, Ty came up big in the second half, with Cobb being hurt and Adams being hurt, they needed Ty. JJ contributed what a huge pickup he's been. Barclay comes in with a tough assignment only has a couple days to get ready for Avril but did his job. With Barclay it's not pretty but he got the job done, he wasn't a weak link on the oline, in fact Bak had a worse game than Barclay. Nate palmer I'm not a big fan but he made a couple plays.

Randall has looked awesome on his side. Testing the rookie on 1 on 1 he's come up big.

I wanna have TT's baby right now. With all the players he's brought in the last 2 years drafted and undrafted, the ones that have stuck around are all making an impact and look to be big contributors.

HHCD been a bit of a mix bag but overall a positive. He had much better angles and better tackling this week. He's gotta get some of those balls coming his way. Basically he's a much better player with Burnett out there. Still think HHCD is gonna be a very good player.
Adams has been contributing. ONe thing I love about the WR core, they love to block!! You see it they are blocking for the RB, blocking for each other. If they are not running a route they are engaged and blocking downfield. Toughed it out like a MFér on a bad ankle today.
Dick Rodgers
oh man those hands.
Corey Linsley has been a goddamn anchor. Does anyone remember our centers were **** the bed from year to year? We brought back an old fossil from the colts at one point?
Janis I've seen him more active on special teams lately. He made a solid tackle in the second half.
UDFA Elliott he's been killin it in preseason and we finally got to see it during the regular season! Game ball, 2 biggest turnovers, the first one was a one handed thing of beauty.
UDFA Pennel he had a better game than last week. Not sure about him but need someone until Guion gets back.

Randall has looked like a **** boss. Two games he hasn't given up ****. No one is looking to his side, is it because he's on his guy like white on rice? The couple of times he's tested he's been there. What a start to his career, just wow.
Rollins looked like a crazy athlete with a huge ceiling, still raw, but I think next year he could be a big contributor and we let casey chase the money.
Ty Has looked great in his few KO chances. Thankfully our defense hasn't given up a ton of points where he's been needed. Today was a good day to see Ty looking dangerous in space. That MFr is RIPPED!! :lift: A bigger badder meaner version of Cobb?? Oh man he has me excite!!
Jack Ryan & RIP are all over kick returns. They are owning it!!
Hundley had one of the best rookie QB preseasons!
UDFA Gunter I think he's gonna be a stud someday. Again between him and Rollins if Hayward asks for too much money he can walk.

I could not be much happier right now. It's like such a relief and exhilaration.

No SCARED MENTALITY. Not soft. Not conservative. How about that.
#FreeChuckDiesel
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: Game 2: Seattle at Green Bay 

Post#554 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:55 am

HKPackFan wrote:THis game was awesome from so many different angles. The coaches all stepped up their game, they must have game planning for weeks. Hahah, maybe they didn't even bother to gameplan the bears just focused on Seattle. (Kidding of course).

The offense, defense, and special teams all had a game plan and all came through.

Rodgers had key moments where he became MVP. Rodgers is clutch. He can take over a game.

We had crazy depth with guys falling down and their backups stepping up their game. Starks had to come up. Dick's had a REAL strong start for year 2, Ty came up big in the second half, with Cobb being hurt and Adams being hurt, they needed Ty. JJ contributed. Barclay comes in with a tough assignment only has a couple days to get ready for Avril but did his job. With Barclay it's not pretty but he got the job done, he wasn't a weak link on the oline, in fact Bak had a worse game than Barclay. Nate palmer I'm not a big fan but he made a couple plays.

Randall has looked awesome on his side. Testing the rookie on 1 on 1 he's come up big.

I wanna have TT's baby right now. With all the players he's brought in the last 2 years drafted and undrafted, the ones that have stuck around are all making an impact and look to be big contributors.

HHCD been a bit of a mix bag but overall a positive. He had much better angles and better tackling this week. He's gotta get some of those balls coming his way. Basically he's a much better player with Burnett out there. Still think HHCD is gonna be a very good player.
Adams has been contributing. ONe thing I love about the WR core, they love to block!! You see it they are blocking for the RB, blocking for each other. If they are not running a route they are engaged and blocking downfield. Toughed it out like a MFér on a bad ankle today.
Dick Rodgers
oh man those hands.
Corey Linsley has been a goddamn anchor. Does anyone remember our centers were **** the bed from year to year? We brought back an old fossil from the colts at one point?
Janis I've seen him more active on special teams lately. He made a solid tackle in the second half.
UDFA Elliott he's been killin it in preseason and we finally got to see it during the regular season! Game ball, 2 biggest turnovers, the first one was a one handed thing of beauty.
UDFA Pennel he had a better game than last week. Not sure about him but need someone until Guion gets back.

Randall has looked like a **** boss. Two games he hasn't given up ****. No one is looking to his side, is it because he's on his guy like white on rice? The couple of times he's tested he's been there. What a start to his career, just wow.
Rollins looked like a crazy athlete with a huge ceiling, still raw, but I think next year he could be a big contributor and we let casey chase the money.
Ty Has looked great in his few KO chances. Thankfully our defense hasn't given up a ton of points where he's been needed. Today was a good day to see Ty looking dangerous in space. That MFr is RIPPED. A bigger badder meaner version of Cobb?? Oh man he has me excite!!
Jack Ryan & RIP are all over kick returns. They are owning it!!
Hundley had one of the best rookie QB preseasons!
UDFA Gunter I think he's gonna be a stud someday. Again between him and Rollins if Hayward asks for too much money he can walk.

I could not be much happier right now. It's like such a relief and exhilaration.

No SCARED MENTALITY. Not soft. Not conservative. How about that.

Great post. That 2014 draft is so odd because it's had some of tt worst flameouts in Thornton and probably Bradford and Abby but also some real hits. Lindsey has been great and is playing like an early pick. Adams shows a ton of potential. Haha is hit and miss (literally) but could be a good player. Dick Rodgers is never going to be a game changer but has chance to be a very solid starter for a long time. Elliot has flashed and is performing like a mid round pick pennel looks like a rotation dlinemen and Janis and Goodwin have contributed on special teams. Odd draft but getting good production so far.

2015 is up in the air but as I said earlier i think they might have found a real player in Randle.
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#555 » by HKPackFan » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:49 am

Rodgers has 13 incompletions this season....Not this game, this season!!

And of those probably half were still the right calls as throw aways and not forcing anything.
#FreeChuckDiesel
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#556 » by HKPackFan » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:58 am

Definitely do NOT want to have this conversation right now. I'm just loving the high from this victory. The article is great and has some great points, I just don't want to debate this right now. I'd rather wait another 4-5 years.

So much fun 2 weeks into the season.

Aaron Rodgers may be the best ever.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2569970-aaron-rodgers-maybe-the-best-ever-makes-packers-the-best-right-now
#FreeChuckDiesel
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#557 » by HKPackFan » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:48 am

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2015/09/21/insider-thumbs-up-run-defense/72401646/

THUMBS UP

All eyes were on the Packers’ run defense after its difficulties against the Bears, and the unit rose to the challenge against the Seahawks’ vaunted ground game. Linebacker Nick Perry saved a touchdown by tripping up Marshawn Lynch in the first quarter when there was nothing but wide-open space in front of him. On Seattle’s first three possessions, Lynch was held to three yards on six carries. On a key third-and-three play just after the two-minute warning, Mike Daniels and Clay Matthews stopped Lynch for no gain. Through three quarters, Lynch gained only 28 yards on 13 carries and for the game finished with 41 yards on 15. The defense also kept Wilson in check early, corralling him on a second-quarter scramble to force a punt. Wilson carried twice for 13 yards in the half, but broke loose in the third quarter for 48 yards on five carries.

I think last week I was ready to take a dump on Nick Perry's jersey, so to see him flying around and getting stops on Lynch was awesome. Another guy that stepped up and made contributions. This was truly a collective effort on offense, defense, and special teams. This was the definition of a team win. I'm giddy like a tween at a One Direction concert looking at Lynch's stat line :love: :guitar: . I wonder what Lynch's mom has to say tomorrow :kissmybutt: .

My only personal thumbs down (besides the injuries) would be our defense seems to have trouble on 3rd and long at times. You'd think that would be a win for us, but our defense seems to have trouble getting off the field on a 3rd and 10, 12, 15 whatever. It was terrible last week, and yesterday it happened a few times where we had 2 great plays got them on 3rd and long and our zone has the giant hole that gets exposed. Is that coz we had an ineffective blitz? Or does our prevent D on 3rd and long just suck?

It's just nitpicking but we had that problem in the past and it has crawled back on this D the last two weeks. The only other nitpick is stop giving up TD's in the redzone on a lame ass offsides play. Last week Shields cost us 7pts, and today Neal cost 7pts.

And one thing that puzzled me....WT heck did the Packers do to Jimmy Graham? Was he ISO with Micah or Richardson??? How did he not have a field day on us, when the most average TEs usually kick our ass? Or is Seattle too stupid to take advantage? Or their WRs are so crap that we can double up Graham and not have to worry about their WRs thus Wilson had no where to go?

I couldn't tell why Graham wasn't getting the ball. I did see Richardson him man up on him at least once and get a PD.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#558 » by Ill-yasova » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:59 am

Mags FTW wrote:"God was a Packer fan tonight...he's taking care of us." -Rodgers

This feels a little bit like trollin' on Wilson here :D .
HKPackFan
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: Game 2: Seattle at Green Bay 

Post#559 » by HKPackFan » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:07 pm

Ill-yasova wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:"God was a Packer fan tonight...he's taking care of us." -Rodgers

This feels a little bit like trollin' on Wilson here :D .

Even Rodgers smack talk deserves a 158.3 rating.
#FreeChuckDiesel
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,313

Post#560 » by crkone » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:58 pm

Barclay allowed 10 hurries, Bahk 7 with 2 sacks. Clay had 6 missed tackles.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |

Return to Green Bay Packers