ImageImage

Game 2: Seattle at Green Bay

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,091

Re: RE: Re: Game 2: Seattle at Green Bay 

Post#561 » by HKPackFan » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:28 pm

crkone wrote:Barclay allowed 10 hurries, Bahk 7 with 2 sacks. Clay had 6 missed tackles.

Over the next 5 weeks any other guys at Avril level Barclay has to face?

Rams I'm told has the best front four in the league. What about chief and 49ers and chargers?
#FreeChuckDiesel
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,313

Post#562 » by crkone » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:33 pm

HKPackFan wrote:
crkone wrote:Barclay allowed 10 hurries, Bahk 7 with 2 sacks. Clay had 6 missed tackles.

Over the next 5 weeks any other guys at Avril level Barclay has to face?

Rams I'm told has the best front four in the league. What about chief and 49ers and chargers?

Justin Houston and Tamba Hali for the Chiefs are better than Avril. Melvin Ingram is okay for the Chargers and the 49ers shouldn't be an issue.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,869

Post#563 » by humanrefutation » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:37 pm

Ill-yasova wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:"God was a Packer fan tonight...he's taking care of us." -Rodgers

This feels a little bit like trollin' on Wilson here :D .

It totally was. Rodgers is subtly religious, but he said last year after the NFCCG that he didn't think God cared about football. Wilson said that he thought God took care of them in that comeback. He said the same thing after the Fail Mary.

It was an obvious and direct dig.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,126

Re: Game 2: Seattle at Green Bay 

Post#564 » by RRyder823 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:02 pm

One of the best feelings walking out of the stadium last night.

Few points though.

Raji looked like a strait up beast last night. Every time I watched him he was blowing up his guy.

The Seahawks had zero respect for our ability to throw deep. Constantly pressed on the corners and both the safeties were pretty much always line up in the box it looked like.

I'll give Seattle fans credit. They traveled well. There were alot but damn we had that place loud.

...... Now I'm just waiting for the mentally weak statements to start up again
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,359

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Game 2: Seattle at Green Bay 

Post#565 » by emunney » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:07 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
Ill-yasova wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:"God was a Packer fan tonight...he's taking care of us." -Rodgers

This feels a little bit like trollin' on Wilson here :D .

It totally was. Rodgers is subtly religious, but he said last year after the NFCCG that he didn't think God cared about football. Wilson said that he thought God took care of them in that comeback. He said the same thing after the Fail Mary.

It was an obvious and direct dig.

Rodgers definitely is annoyed by Wilson. You have to figure he probably knows a lot more about him than we do, too... things that make Wilson's act particularly insufferable.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,253

Post#566 » by Mags FTW » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:11 pm

The guys at ESPN Milwaukee who know Aaron from his radio show, say he doesn't like Wilson because he's disingenuine. Thinks he tries to put on a likable persona for the public.
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#567 » by HKPackFan » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:13 pm

RRyder823 wrote:One of the best feelings walking out of the stadium last night.

Few points though.

Raji looked like a strait up beast last night. Every time I watched him he was blowing up his guy.

The Seahawks had zero respect for our ability to throw deep. Constantly pressed on the corners and both the safeties were pretty much always line up in the box it looked like.

I'll give Seattle fans credit. They traveled well. There were alot but damn we had that place loud.

Totally forgot to mention raji. He was getting some push yesterday! He looked like 2010 raji. That was excite!!!!
#FreeChuckDiesel
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#568 » by HKPackFan » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:17 pm

Few points though.

One of my favorite things at a game is to watch the battle of the wrs vs the CBs. Because that view never makes TV until the ball is thrown that way. So there's often a great battle going on that's mostly missed watching at home.

Any chance you took a peak how randall was doing on his side? I'm assuming he always on his guy since Wilson barely threw his way.
#FreeChuckDiesel
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,451

Post#569 » by neiLz » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:29 pm

Great game. defense played well. Rodgers is a beast. what really surprised me was Montgomery. Watching him all preseason i thought he was going to be good, but holy crap, he is HUGE. He may be a stud and hopefully he keeps developing. God was on our side last night.
RRyder823
General Manager

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Game 2: Seattle at Green Bay 

Post#570 » by RRyder823 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:39 pm

HKPackFan wrote:

Few points though.

One of my favorite things at a game is to watch the battle of the wrs vs the CBs. Because that view never makes TV until the ball is thrown that way. So there's often a great battle going on that's mostly missed watching at home.

Any chance you took a peak how randall was doing on his side? I'm assuming he always on his guy since Wilson barely threw his way.

He played pretty good but really all the corners were on their guys pretty well up untill Wilson broke free a few times and then they were finding the soft spots. Missed a few I'm sure though as I was trying to watch Ha Ha on Graham as it seemed every time I looked that's who was covering him or at least shading over the top

But yeah the secondary is definitely something you don't really get to watch on TV so I wasn't sure if anyone noticed how tight to the line Seattle was playing but you could defiantly see they were live.

Also OMG that was an unbelievable TD throw to Jones...... Like damn
RRyder823
General Manager

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Game 2: Seattle at Green Bay 

Post#571 » by RRyder823 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:41 pm

RRyder823 wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:

Few points though.

He played pretty good but really all the corners were on their guys pretty well up untill Wilson broke free a few times and then they were finding the soft spots. Missed a few I'm sure though as I was trying to watch Ha Ha on Graham as it seemed every time I looked that's who was covering him or at least shading over the top

But yeah the secondary is definitely something you don't really get to watch on TV so I wasn't sure if anyone noticed how tight to the line Seattle was playing but you could defiantly see they were live.

humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,869

Post#572 » by humanrefutation » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:46 pm

Mags FTW wrote:The guys at ESPN Milwaukee who know Aaron from his radio show, say he doesn't like Wilson because he's disingenuine. Thinks he tries to put on a likable persona for the public.

He's not the first person to believe something like that. Wilson has been described as disingenuous by others as well.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,309

Post#573 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:53 pm

What worried me the most was when Wilson led the two consecutive TD drives in the 3rd quarter after we had basically shut him down all half. It seemed like it was gonna be another typical Capers defensive performance where he doesn't make the necessary halftime adjustments, but credit where credit is due.

The most surprising thing was how our front seven dominated the #1 rushing offense from last season. Raji, Neal, Perry, and even Pennel were shedding blocks and getting in the backfield all day. Tackling and effort compared to Week 1 was like night and day.

Call me crazy, but I even feel confident that Cobb, JJ, and Montgomery can be an elite passing attack if Adams has to sit out a game or two. Also think that Janis can come in 4-WR sets and provide legit playmaking ability.

What worries me is the Arab depth. Lacy needs to get healthy. Starks has been my guy since Day 1, but anytime you give him more than 15 carries he starts to break down. Would've liked to have kept Rajion Neal as a 3rd back for this exact situation but hopefully Crockett can come in off the PS and give us a solid 8-10 carries.
crkone
RealGM

Post#574 » by crkone » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:56 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:What worried me the most was when Wilson led the two consecutive TD drives in the 3rd quarter after we had basically shut him down all half. It seemed like it was gonna be another typical Capers defensive performance where he doesn't make the necessary halftime adjustments, but credit where credit is due.

The most surprising thing was how our front seven dominated the #1 rushing offense from last season. Raji, Neal, Perry, and even Pennel were shedding blocks and getting in the backfield all day. Tackling and effort compared to Week 1 was like night and day.

Call me crazy, but I even feel confident that Cobb, JJ, and Montgomery can be an elite passing attack if Adams has to sit out a game or two. Also think that Janis can come in 4-WR sets and provide legit playmaking ability.

What worries me is the Arab depth. Lacy needs to get healthy. Starks has been my guy since Day 1, but anytime you give him more than 15 carries he starts to break down. Would've liked to have kept Rajion Neal as a 3rd back for this exact situation but hopefully Crockett can come in off the PS and give us a solid 8-10 carries.

EDIT: May be too cryptic. Alonzo Harris is the 3rd RB.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
HKPackFan
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Game 2: Seattle at Green Bay 

Post#575 » by HKPackFan » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:57 pm

RRyder823 wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:

Few points though.

I was wondering who was on graham. Again can't see on TV. I thought it was micah or sean Richardson.

I'm more impressed to hear hhcd was covering graham.
#FreeChuckDiesel
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#576 » by HKPackFan » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:06 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:What worried me the most was when Wilson led the two consecutive TD drives in the 3rd quarter after we had basically shut him down all half. It seemed like it was gonna be another typical Capers defensive performance where he doesn't make the necessary halftime adjustments, but credit where credit is due.

Agreed starks is best with 10 to 12 carries giving him too much of a load he breaks down.

But I kinda love going one hurry up drive with cobb and ty lining up in the backfield. No Rb.

I almost wet myself seeing them switch off from cobb to ty lining up in the backfield then switching them back to the slot and all over the place then empty back set. Oh it was fun to watch.

Ty. Cobb. Adams. JJ. Dick. Switching them all around in a hurry up. Rodgers beast moding. It was brilliant. Rodgers it seemed was pretty much calling everything on that series.
#FreeChuckDiesel
crkone
RealGM

Post#577 » by crkone » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:06 pm

HHCD, Richardson (for a snap or two), Hayward, Randall, and Hyde I believe all took turns on Graham.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,808

Post#578 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:10 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:I love lacey but I think this game showed something that's not a surprise but might be a good reminder that this offense is at its best when they spread it out in shotgun and let Rodgers be the **** monster he is and just use the run as a change of pace.

I thought a lot about this and concur despite the fact I always like a solid running game if just to run out the clock in games.

While Lacey is very impressive, this offense seems to function the best with Aaron rolling out and 4-5 targets out there.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
crkone
RealGM

Post#579 » by crkone » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:14 pm

Cobb in the backfield almost always works. Now throw Monty and Dick Rod back there to join him as blockers, it's going to be unstoppable.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
crkone
RealGM

Post#580 » by crkone » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:15 pm

I also want to say kudos to Clements and Rodgers for switching up the play calling and going short/quick passes with Cobb in the backfield to minimize the rush.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |

Return to Green Bay Packers