Game 2: Seattle at Green Bay

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,779

Re: Game 2: Seattle at Green Bay 

Post#581 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:19 pm

McGinn will have the snapcounts in his grading column tomorrow and I doubt Rodgers82 played every snap but I don't recall seeing Quarless out there at all.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,141
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#582 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:21 pm

I saw Quarless on a haldful of snaps. I remember him being in the backfield once or twice during one of the drives where they went without a RB.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,126

Re: RE: Re: Game 2: Seattle at Green Bay 

Post#583 » by RRyder823 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:23 pm

crkone wrote:HHCD, Richardson (for a snap or two), Hayward, Randall, and Hyde I believe all took turns on Graham.

They all did yes(didn't see Randall on him but maybe i missed it). I was simply saying who I saw doing it the most. Couldn't watch everyone on every play lol.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,126

Re: RE: Re: Game 2: Seattle at Green Bay 

Post#584 » by RRyder823 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:26 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:McGinn will have the snapcounts in his grading column tomorrow and I doubt Rodgers82 played every snap but I don't recall seeing Quarless out there at all.

He was out there. Not much. But he was still there
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,313

Post#585 » by crkone » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:35 pm

Quarless had 18 snaps. 7 pass and 11 run blocking. Elliot had 10 snaps, Mulumba 9 snaps.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#586 » by Flames24Rulz » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:44 pm

As far as wins in Week 2, they don't really get much bigger than this one. Hard to really complain about much besides the first two Seattle drives in the second half.

I'm just hoping Lacy isn't out for an extended period of time, but Starks looked pretty good last night too.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,347

Post#587 » by M-C-G » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:48 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
What worries me is the Arab depth.

I have so many thoughts about this but feel like any joke I make is on the borderline of being a bigot.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,359

Post#588 » by emunney » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:51 pm

Mags FTW wrote:The guys at ESPN Milwaukee who know Aaron from his radio show, say he doesn't like Wilson because he's disingenuine. Thinks he tries to put on a likable persona for the public.

Yep, that makes total sense and was kind of what I was getting at. I just suspect that Rodgers more than *thinks* Wilson is inauthentic.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,869

Post#589 » by humanrefutation » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:52 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:What worries me is the Arab depth.

My people have plenty of depth, thankyouverymuch. 8-)
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#590 » by M-C-G » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:54 pm

So in the what have you done for me lately sense, that was about the best win I can remember in a long time.

Concerns;
O-line with Bulaga out
Stopping the run
Stopping Graham
Getting off the field on 3rd down
Special teams

All came through with flying colors. Good day to be a Packer fan. And really happy for Pennel. I liked him last year and was hoping we might have something with him. He really seemed to up his game and fill that Johnny Jolly big body role.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,309

Post#591 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:04 pm

Michaels and Colinsworth were raving about Micah Hyde's performance against Graham all game. Even Richardson had a nice break up on a route down the sideline in the first half.

People will criticize Bevell and Wilson for not looking his way enough, but I think the easier explanation is that we game-planned to take-away their two biggest weapons, Lynch & Graham. And our guys did a heck of a job in coverage.
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#592 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:06 pm

M-C-G wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
What worries me is the Arab depth.

I have so many thoughts about this but feel like any joke I make is on the borderline of being a bigot.

Apparently spell check changes RB to Arab. Racist iPad is racist? :dontknow:
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,779

Post#593 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:28 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Michaels and Colinsworth were raving about Micah Hyde's performance against Graham all game. Even Richardson had a nice break up on a route down the sideline in the first half.

People will criticize Bevell and Wilson for not looking his way enough, but I think the easier explanation is that we game-planned to take-away their two biggest weapons, Lynch & Graham. And our guys did a heck of a job in coverage.

That makes sense but it's also surprising that it worked. I have no doubt we game planned against Forte and Bennett last week.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#594 » by thomchatt3rton » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:33 pm

Just some random thoughts.

Somebody mentioned that this was SEAs first double-digit loss since 2011?? That's amazing.

I'm glad Lacys ankle is negative, but I didn't fret when he went out. I like Starks better against SEA anyway because he's quicker through the hole. Lacy's strength is that he's a big battering ram, but that doesn't help you when SEA's D is loaded with big battering rams. You need a quicker back against them.

Why do the Packers always wait until late in games to vary their offense? The O was stuck in the mud for long stretches mid-game trying to do the same things, then all of a sudden in 4th quarter you get: empty backfield, some formation wrinkles (like Cobb in the backfield), the hurry-up offense, a lot of short quick passes, WR-screens etc, and all of a sudden they're moving the ball. Why wait so long to switch things up? I can think of several similar games in the past that followed same pattern. Anybody else notice this, or am I seeing something that isn't there?
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#595 » by M-C-G » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:42 pm

thomchatt3rton wrote:
Why do the Packers always wait until late in games to vary their offense?

I've asked myself the same many times. When Philbin left especially, it seemed McCarthy would go through long stretches without anybody telling him "Mike, it's not working, time to try something else". I suppose has a lot to do with how they game plan and the work and preparation that goes into it. It's kind of admitting what you worked on all week was a bad idea.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,313

Post#596 » by crkone » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:44 pm

M-C-G wrote:
thomchatt3rton wrote:

I've asked myself the same many times. When Philbin left especially, it seemed McCarthy would go through long stretches without anybody telling him "Mike, it's not working, time to try something else". I suppose has a lot to do with how they game plan and the work and preparation that goes into it. It's kind of admitting what you worked on all week was a bad idea.

I think it's a last resort and if you use it too much, it becomes less effective with better scouting looks. I'd love to use it every game if possible tho.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
UWM_Brew_Buck
Analyst
And1: 883

Post#597 » by UWM_Brew_Buck » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:16 pm

crkone wrote:Cobb in the backfield almost always works. Now throw Monty and Dick Rod back there to join him as blockers, it's going to be unstoppable.

:nod: I wonder how unstoppable it would be with a great open field guy that is a decent threat to run like Sproles.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#598 » by thomchatt3rton » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:25 pm

crkone wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
thomchatt3rton wrote:

I think it's a last resort and if you use it too much, it becomes less effective with better scouting looks. I'd love to use it every game if possible tho.

MCG- I think it's game plan and prep too. It just baffles me how they try to do the same thing on offense, no matter who they're playing (which is sort of justified, since they're overall successful with it). But compare them to, say the Patriots, and how they vary their game plans to go after specific weaknesses.

Crkone- maybe they feel it's most effective late against a fatigued defense? Idk, maybe you're right about the overuse thing. I just think they're overly slow to introduce new elements and wrinkles in the offense, both in-game and over the course of the season. MM maybe feel that anything they haven't practiced to death for months is risky to try. IDK.

I must be spoiled as a fan, complaining about our prolific Aaron Rodgers-led offense :D But, it has let us down in the playoffs against certain teams..
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,359

Post#599 » by emunney » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:36 pm

My favorite play of the game other than Rodgers' ridiculous back foot TD to Jones. Montgomery with some sort of Super Smash Bros. move on Bobby Wagner:

Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#600 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:43 pm

Montgomery is a special talent. The more you watch him play, the more I wonder how in the hell he lasted until the end of the 3rd round.

Return to Green Bay Packers