ImageImage

Packers vs Chiefs Lead up

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,347

Re: Packers vs Chiefs Lead up 

Post#61 » by M-C-G » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:33 pm

For those that are fretting over opportunities of the young guys, take a look how many years it took Jordy, Jennings and Jones to be relevant and those guys were all second round picks in the McCArthy era

Greg Jennings
2006 632/3
2007 920/12
2008 1292/9
2009 1113/4
2010 1265/12
2011 949/9
2012* 366/4
2013 gone

James Jones
2007 676/2
2008 274/1
2009 440/5
2010 679/5
2011 635/7
2012 784/14
2013 817/3
2014 gone

Jordy Nelson
2008 274/1
2009 320/2
2010 582/2
2011 1263/15
2012 745/7
2013 1314/8
2014 1519/13

Jermichael Finley
2008 74/1
2009 676/5
2010* 301/1
2011* 767/8
2012 667/2
2013* 300/3
2014 gone

Randall Cobb
2011 375/1
2012 954/8
2013* 433/4
2014 1287/12

Davante Adam
2014 446/3

Jeff Janis
2014 2/16

Richard Rodgers
2014 225/2
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,203

Post#62 » by LUKE23 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:55 pm

Overall, I think the Chiefs are a bad matchup for us. Cutback, quick RB, good up the seam TE, strong pass rush. I think it will be a really close game that we pull out in the 4th quarter. I think Rodgers is under pressure quite a bit in this one.
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#63 » by LikeABosh » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:57 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Overall, I think the Chiefs are a bad matchup for us. Cutback, quick RB, good up the seam TE, strong pass rush. I think it will be a really close game that we pull out in the 4th quarter. I think Rodgers is under pressure quite a bit in this one.

Yeah, I wouldn't pick them to lose, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is the team that ends the home winning streak
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,779

Post#64 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:55 pm

Wednesday practice report

The Green Bay Packers began their on-field preparations for the Kansas City Chiefs on Thursday, practicing one day later than normal to adjust for the Monday kickoff.

Running back Eddie Lacy (ankle), wide receiver Davante Adams (ankle), right tackle Bryan Bulaga (knee) and cornerback Demetri Goodson (unknown) did not practice.

Adams, who missed a portion of the game against the Seattle Seahawks before returning to the field, observed practice from the sidelines. He flipped a ball in his hands and laughed with teammates.

The other three players — Lacy, Bulaga, Goodson — were not present during the 11-minute window open to the media.

"Eddie and Davante have been here pretty much most of the day, most of the three days," coach Mike McCarthy said in his pre-practice press conference. "They’re getting better. They’ll both do some pre-practice work and then we’ll see from there, but I don’t have high expectations of them practicing today."

Lacy's status, McCarthy said, may not be determined until the latter stages of the weekend. His knowledge of the offense and experience over the last three years foster confidence between player and coach, even with minimal work during the week.

"Eddie is a very bright, instinctive football player," McCarthy said. "Very comfortable in what he’s asked to do. I would definitely feel comfortable playing Eddie on a very limited basis as far as his practice reps."

Back in Green Bay on Thursday was the freshly signed Joe Thomas, an inside linebacker who spent training camp with the Packers and was released during the final roster cuts.

Thomas, 24, will provide a bit of depth and experience to a group that lost starter Sam Barrington for the season. He was on the Packers' practice squad for the second half of last year.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,347

Post#65 » by M-C-G » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:55 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Overall, I think the Chiefs are a bad matchup for us. Cutback, quick RB, good up the seam TE, strong pass rush. I think it will be a really close game that we pull out in the 4th quarter. I think Rodgers is under pressure quite a bit in this one.

The pass rush is really what worries me the most. They will get some points with Charles and Kelce but if we can keep Rodgers clean we should be good to go. Now considering Bahk and Barclay were the two worst tackles in the league last week according to PFF ( I am pretty sure about this), easier said than done.

Let's hope we see screen, slants and some of the creative quick passes we saw them pull out last week.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#66 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:43 pm

The following is a summary of Packers coach Mike McCarthy's pre-practice news conference Friday morning:

(On Eddie Lacy) Went through rehab. Looks good. Eddie and Davante will go through the individual drills. We're just looking to see them move around. We'll see how it goes. I don't project anything for injuries. There's a protocol for any injury. First stage is to go through fundamentals and that's where they are.

(On Adams) Tough guy to come back and play. Definitely hurting, especially first ball he caught after he came back in.

(On Marcus Peters) Very talented. Makes big plays for a rookie. Athletic, aggressive, good young player.

(On defending players) We break our players down. Discipline penalties, pre-snap penalties, combatative players. TJ Lang did exactly what he was supposed to do. Try to put the altercation to rest.

(On Alonzo Harris) He's getting better. Had had injury. He's a young guy, to be honest just needs to relax a little bit. He's getting better and practicing better and taking reps with first team. He's getting better.

(On Masthay) I look at Tim a lot and work ethic, if anything he was probably trying to do too much. This past week hit all the targets. Has to do that this week.

(On SB 1 alumni) We had the SB 1 down in Madison for our benefit and one thing that resonates is how much fun they have playing the game. They laid the foundation for us. The camaraderie they had, see the relationships how fond of each other they are, it sets example for our people.

(On SB 1 players talking to the team) That's private. But they all do well speaking.

(On free plays) A lot of it is Aaron's ability, the way he can move around and extend play and make any throws. Really, the free play is an extension of the scramble drill. Since '89, we always worked on extension plays. Both Brett and Aaron have taken it to another level.

(On Mike Pennel) Mike's a good young player. Has had to play a number of posiitons. I look at him as a guy that's really taken that step. Has a lot more in front of him.

(On homefield advantage) I think like a lot of things you're up there and you're talking about things in team meetings, you emphasize some things more than others. The goal is when they're talking about it. Our players are talking about it, are much more aware of it and it's much more evident how important it is to win at home. Not more of a focus, but our guys are much more aware of it.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,126

Post#67 » by RRyder823 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:31 pm

Burnett with a set back on his calf strait up sucks. Hopefully he'll be right come game time
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#68 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:37 pm

Saturday practice report

(On Morgan Burnett's injury) Morgan Burnett just felt something on his calf, so obviously with the history there we pulled him out of practice. We'll see how he feels today.

(On the severity of the injury) I think any time you're coming off a previous injury and you feel something, it's a natural response.

(On Burnett as a player) He's a heck of a football player. ... He's definitely one of the best players on our defense.

(On determining active roster) That's why you work all 53 players to the end. ... I've had lots of experiences where you have 45 and then you lose a guy in pregame that you thought would be on your 46. ... Until the hour and a half before the game, we don't choose our inactives to make sure we know who is up.

(On Eddie Lacy) I thought he did some good things in his limited reps. ... We still have a lot of time between now and Monday. I think him and Davante are progressing.

(On chemistry of Super Bowl teams) The chemistry is important for so many different reasons. For me, the toughest times are when you have success. When you have good locker room chemistry, you have to have a realist in the room who says what needs to be said and does what needs to be done. ... I'm sure that was a common theme of all the teams in the 1960s. ... You have to have the chemistry to deal with the highs, which I think is the toughest, and to deal with the lows, which I think is the most natural for these men. ... Their natural survival instinct is higher than the norm.

(On finishing games strong) Finishing football games is always an emphasis. We talk about finishing every play when we practice every day. If you look at the way the game was played Sunday night, we came out strong. Then our opponent made a surge, took the lead in the third quarter. And frankly we took the game over in the fourth quarter.

(On late-game turnovers) Clay's interception changed the game against Chicago. Jayrone's play changed the game against Seattle. Those are the most important plays. Obviously the timing in the fourth quarter influences the outcome of the game.

(On Bryan Bulaga) He will be out this week. He's doing good, he's doing better, but he will not be available Monday night. ... We feel really good about where he is and his potential timeline.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,712

Post#69 » by Ayt » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:58 pm

Ho hum.

WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,270

Post#70 » by WiscoKing13 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:30 pm

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 2m2 minutes ago
Safety Morgan Burnett (calf) has been ruled OUT. CB Sam Shields has been added to the injury report with a calf problem. He is probable.

WTF
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
WiscoKing13
RealGM

Post#71 » by WiscoKing13 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:32 pm

Paul Imig ‏@Paulimig 2m2 minutes ago
#Packers upgraded Eddie Lacy and Davante Adams to probable vs. Chiefs, but Morgan Burnett has been ruled OUT.
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,789

Post#72 » by Turk Nowitzki » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:32 pm

Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,712

Post#73 » by Ayt » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:56 pm

WiscoKing13 wrote:Paul Imig ‏@Paulimig 2m2 minutes ago
#Packers upgraded Eddie Lacy and Davante Adams to probable vs. Chiefs, but Morgan Burnett has been ruled OUT.

****. We really missed Burnett in week 1.
WiscoKing13
RealGM

Post#74 » by WiscoKing13 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:05 pm

Ayt wrote:
WiscoKing13 wrote:Paul Imig ‏@Paulimig 2m2 minutes ago

****. We really missed Burnett in week 1.

Agreed, much rather have adams out than burnett.
DanoMac wrote:

HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,091

Post#75 » by HKPackFan » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:47 am

**** can't stop the run without Morgan
#FreeChuckDiesel
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,091

Post#76 » by HKPackFan » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:52 am

Not good Morgan is out but plus is it means randall will play most of the game outside in nickel. Kid makes me excite.
#FreeChuckDiesel
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#77 » by thomchatt3rton » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:07 am

HKPackFan wrote:**** can't stop the run without Morgan

I think the D will play better without Burnett this time than they did without him week 1. But yeah, ****.
WiscoKing13
RealGM

Post#78 » by WiscoKing13 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:14 am

thomchatt3rton wrote:

I think the D will play better without Burnett this time than they did without him week 1. But yeah, ****.

Not that Randall has played poorly, but does anyone have a pro football focus subscription and have the grades for house and williams? Curious how they're doing this year.
DanoMac wrote:

crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,313

Post#79 » by crkone » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:29 pm

WiscoKing13 wrote:
thomchatt3rton wrote:

Not that Randall has played poorly, but does anyone have a pro football focus subscription and have the grades for house and williams? Curious how they're doing this year.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |

Return to Green Bay Packers