Around the NFL - Week 3

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,954

Around the NFL - Week 3 

Post#1 » by FAH1223 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:42 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NBCSports/status/646319198763769857[/tweet]

The Colts were a mess from the beginning Monday night and were ultimately doomed by five turnovers — three Andrew Luck interceptions — in a 20-7 loss to the Jets.

After the game, Colts coach Chuck Pagano didn’t try to hide his frustration with his quarterback and his team as a whole.

“He’s got to take care of the football,” Pagano said in his postgame press conference. “It’s not that hard. It’s not trigonometry.”

The simple math says that the Colts have scored three touchdowns and committed eight turnovers through two games, both losses.

“Can’t turn the damn ball over,” Pagano said.

Gregg Doyel of the Indy Star, who was at the game and at the postgame press conference, wrote that Pagano was “throwing Luck under the bus.”

While the Jets clearly frustrated Luck with a variety of blitzes and sometimes just by simply overpowering them in one-on-one battles in the trenches, Pagano hinted that Luck has to overcome his line’s shortcomings.

Pagano on Luck and Colts leaky O-line: “[That has] been the case for three years now, hasn’t it?” Pagano asked. “He should be more than comfortable dealing with it.”

What a mess. They're lucky they play in a crappy division.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,091

Re: RE: Around the NFL - Week 3 

Post#2 » by HKPackFan » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:36 pm

FAH1223 wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/NBCSports/status/646319198763769857[/tweet]

The Colts were a mess from the beginning Monday night and were ultimately doomed by five turnovers — three Andrew Luck interceptions — in a 20-7 loss to the Jets.

After the game, Colts coach Chuck Pagano didn’t try to hide his frustration with his quarterback and his team as a whole.

“He’s got to take care of the football,” Pagano said in his postgame press conference. “It’s not that hard. It’s not trigonometry.”

The simple math says that the Colts have scored three touchdowns and committed eight turnovers through two games, both losses.

“Can’t turn the damn ball over,” Pagano said.

Gregg Doyel of the Indy Star, who was at the game and at the postgame press conference, wrote that Pagano was “throwing Luck under the bus.”

While the Jets clearly frustrated Luck with a variety of blitzes and sometimes just by simply overpowering them in one-on-one battles in the trenches, Pagano hinted that Luck has to overcome his line’s shortcomings.

Pagano on Luck and Colts leaky O-line: “[That has] been the case for three years now, hasn’t it?” Pagano asked. “He should be more than comfortable dealing with it.”

What a mess. They're lucky they play in a crappy division.

Did the reporter ask if the INT problems were related to a crappy oline and pagano replied. Well it's been crappy for three years now he should be able To just deal with it.

How about fixing the oline?
#FreeChuckDiesel
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,309

Re: Around the NFL - Week 3 

Post#3 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:17 pm

The Colts front office has been a dumpster fire for a while. They lucked out (literally) by getting the #1 pick in 2012 when Peyton went down for the year and drafted another franchise QB. Luck is good enough to cover up a lot of warts on that team, but outside of nabbing TY Hilton in the 3rd round, Grigson's draft record has been horrendous. Just look at their last 3 draft classes....

He's also made some pretty lol-worthy moves in FA and trades like giving up a 1st round pick for T-Rich, giving Erick Walden and Gosder Cherilous starter money, and signing broken down vets like Frank Gore, Andre Johnson, and Hakeem Nicks in a desperate attempt to give Luck some playmakers. They're pretty much the anti-Packers as far as team-building philosophy goes, and they're really, really bad at it.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,313

Post#4 » by crkone » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:20 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:The Colts front office has been a dumpster fire for a while. They lucked out (literally) by getting the #1 pick in 2012 when Peyton went down for the year and drafted another franchise QB. Luck is good enough to cover up a lot of warts on that team, but outside of nabbing TY Hilton in the 3rd round, Grigson's draft record has been horrendous. Just look at their last 3 draft classes....

He's also made some pretty lol-worthy moves in FA and trades like giving up a 1st round pick for T-Rich, giving Erick Walden and Gosder Cherilous starter money, and signing broken down vets like Frank Gore, Andre Johnson, and Hakeem Nicks in a desperate attempt to give Luck some playmakers. They're pretty much the anti-Packers as far as team-building philosophy goes, and they're really, really bad at it.

Like the previous life of the Bucks!

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
zmanishere11
Sixth Man
And1: 241

Post#5 » by zmanishere11 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:22 pm

Bunch of great lines this week I think.

Took GB -6.5 (bought .5 point), NYJ -2, but my big bet is Seattle -13.5 vs. CHI (bought .5, line already up to -14.5).
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,451

Post#6 » by neiLz » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:41 pm

The Seattle line is awesome at 13.5... I don't think the bears score against seattle. It's their home opener, they are in must win and Clausen is starting Lulz.
zmanishere11
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by zmanishere11 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:32 pm

ArodpwnsFavre wrote:The Seattle line is awesome at 13.5... I don't think the bears score against seattle. It's their home opener, they are in must win and Clausen is starting Lulz.

THat's what I'm hoping - dropped $500 on it.

That Jet's line is too low as well - Bradford looks scared right now, and you may have the worst o line in the league vs. the best. Philly still getting some pre-season love from Vegas that they just don't deserve right now.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,954

Post#8 » by FAH1223 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:58 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DU45vfAfHs[/youtube]

This guy is still at it
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,168

Post#9 » by Iheartfootball » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:26 am

Insider Buzz: Jimmy Graham Questioning Why Seattle Signed Him, 'Hates' His Role

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2570855-insider-buzz-jimmy-graham-questioning-why-seattle-signed-him-hates-his-role

Let the destruction commence. First Russel's new contract, Cam's holdout, now this.

- Upset with amount of blocking and being a decoy
- Taking the high road, for now
- If things don't change Graham will speak up

Then what is this 'report' supposed to be? I love it.
zmanishere11
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by zmanishere11 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:01 am

Iheartfootball wrote:Insider Buzz: Jimmy Graham Questioning Why Seattle Signed Him, 'Hates' His Role

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2570855-insider-buzz-jimmy-graham-questioning-why-seattle-signed-him-hates-his-role

Let the destruction commence. First Russel's new contract, Cam's holdout, now this.

I love seeing this - but have to imagine they figure this out sooner rather than later.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,126

Re: RE: Re: Around the NFL - Week 3 

Post#11 » by RRyder823 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:33 am

Iheartfootball wrote:Insider Buzz: Jimmy Graham Questioning Why Seattle Signed Him, 'Hates' His Role

[url]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2570855-insider-buzz-jimmy-graham-questioning-why-seattle-signed-him-hates-his-role[/url]

Wouldn't "taking the high road for now" involve NOT complaining about being asked to block for the first time in his life and saying he was going to speak up if things don't change? Lol
HKPackFan
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Around the NFL - Week 3 

Post#12 » by HKPackFan » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:52 am

RRyder823 wrote:

[url]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2570855-insider-buzz-jimmy-graham-questioning-why-seattle-signed-him-hates-his-role[/url]

Wouldn't "taking the high road for now" involve NOT complaining about being asked to block for the first time in his life and saying he was going to speak up if things don't change? Lol

After all the effort he went to in NO to prove he's a WR not a TE and get paid like a WR, he now ends up actually playing a TE. Hahaha.
#FreeChuckDiesel
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#13 » by HKPackFan » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:53 am

Matt Cassell is worth a 5th rounder. I wonder what Hundley will be worth in a year or two.
#FreeChuckDiesel
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,360

Post#14 » by emunney » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:00 am

Kind of weird. I thought Weeden threw some nice balls.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,141
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Around the NFL - Week 3 

Post#15 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:37 am

Assuming Cassel is backup, for now? (I haven't read anything about it).

I think the Cowboys will be pretty good without Romo. They can accomplish most of their goal of holding on to the ball for 80% of the game with Weeden at QB.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,347

Post#16 » by M-C-G » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:01 pm

zmanishere11 wrote:

I love seeing this - but have to imagine they figure this out sooner rather than later.

I have been telling my buddies that Seahawks are right at the breaking point San Fran was two years ago. All their bargain guys are getting paid, or worse yet for them, got paid and now what more and the freebie of paying your 20M QB 500k is about to be off the table. Managing a franchise once your QB gets paid is where GM pull up a seat at the big boy table. Will be interesting to see how things play out, and fully expect that Kam will be holding out again this time next year unless they give him a monster contract.

Also it's becoming pretty clear that Graham is a really selfish player and why New Orleans felt they needed to move on from him. I'll predict he will be traded by next year. He has J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS written all over him.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,968

Post#17 » by Badgerlander » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:04 pm

Since I f'd this up earlier

Steve Reed ‏@SteveReedAP 1m1 minute ago
Sounds like Payton expects Brees to play.

Steve Reed ‏@SteveReedAP 3m3 minutes ago
Sean Payton said Brees is on top of the treatment. "It's not a season-ending injury." Said they playing it day by day with Brees.

Steve Reed ‏@SteveReedAP 5m5 minutes ago
Sean Payton said Drew Brees was limited in practice today.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#18 » by Profound23 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:27 am

Badgerlander wrote:Since I f'd this up earlier

Steve Reed ‏@SteveReedAP 1m1 minute ago
Sounds like Payton expects Brees to play.

Steve Reed ‏@SteveReedAP 3m3 minutes ago
Sean Payton said Brees is on top of the treatment. "It's not a season-ending injury." Said they playing it day by day with Brees.

Steve Reed ‏@SteveReedAP 5m5 minutes ago
Sean Payton said Drew Brees was limited in practice today.

Cooks is questionable this week too. I am going to play Brees/Cooks but start the Panthers defense to offset if these guys play like garbage (or not at all).
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#19 » by HKPackFan » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:07 am

Kam ended his hold out. He's back in Seattle. Seattle is going to go on a run now. Good thing we have a lead on them.
#FreeChuckDiesel
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Post#20 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:24 am

Wouldn't mind adding Graham to our offense.
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.

Return to Green Bay Packers