ImageImage

ATL Week 3

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,309

Re: ATL Week 3 

Post#61 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:05 pm

GB_Packers wrote:Vikings fans talking trash. How cute. They'll learn one year.

I always forget how annoying Queens fans get when their team shows the slightest bit of success. At least with Lions and Bears fans, they resign themselves to the inevitable collapse down the stretch. Vikings fans are already predicting a 12-4 season and "going 2-0" against the Chiefs and Broncos the next couple weeks. And of course, "upsetting" the Packers in Green Bay :lol: :lol:
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,253

Post#62 » by Mags FTW » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:19 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:

I always forget how annoying Queens fans get when their team shows the slightest bit of success. At least with Lions and Bears fans, they resign themselves to the inevitable collapse down the stretch. Vikings fans are already predicting a 12-4 season and "going 2-0" against the Chiefs and Broncos the next couple weeks. And of course, "upsetting" the Packers in Green Bay :lol: :lol:

They are talking about how their defense is going to murder Rodgers. That is, when they aren't busy making excuses as to why "Touchdown Teddy" looks average. Last year they said, "He doesn't have a running game. Wait until we get AP back." Now it's, "Oh they're just easing him into the playbook."
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,347

Post#63 » by M-C-G » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:50 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
LikeABosh wrote:
WiscoKing13 wrote:And the regression of Kap is surprising as well.

I remember when he was apparently better than Rodgers

Jaws said he was going to be the best QB in NFL history.

I was just thinking, should that be a fireable offense?
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,309

Post#64 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:53 pm

Mags FTW wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:

They are talking about how their defense is going to murder Rodgers. That is, when they aren't busy making excuses as to why "Touchdown Teddy" looks average. Last year they said, "He doesn't have a running game. Wait until we get AP back." Now it's, "Oh they're just easing him into the playbook."

I said it the second he declared for the draft. Bridgewater's ceiling is the current iteration of Alex Smith, and that's only if he can be super efficient by eliminating the turnovers, which so far he hasn't shown any evidence to be able to do.
PANDEMONEUM
Analyst
And1: 403

Post#65 » by PANDEMONEUM » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:50 pm

Bears trade J.Allen to Panthers for draft pick
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,359

Post#66 » by emunney » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:50 pm

M-C-G wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:
LikeABosh wrote:
I remember when he was apparently better than Rodgers

Jaws said he was going to be the best QB in NFL history.

I was just thinking, should that be a fireable offense?

He said he *could* be *one of* the best after Kaepernick's first [partial] season starting where he took them to the SB. It didn't seem THAT crazy at the time considering it was a far milder statement than credited here, his age, and what he did that first year.

I don't think it's really that Kaepernick has gotten worse, though. He's just stayed the same and they need him to do more. He hasn't done his homework, the 9ers pass offense is some super simple this-or-that ****, and everybody has him figured out. His strength is the read option, but the league has figured out that you just hit the QB every time and it's become less savory for teams that have a lot invested financially in the QB (like the 9ers now do).

We had a ton of discussions about teams like the 9ers and Seahawks a few years back when they were really healthy and benefiting from cheap QBs. The 9ers just had an historic exodus of guys retiring/declining, plus Kaepernick got paid, plus they have drafted poorly. These are all things we said COULD happen to them -- that all of them happened at once explains why they turned **** so quickly.

The Seahawks have had to pay guys and have continued to do well with acquisitions and prioritizing, and they're now good in a more ordinary way -- you can only do so well with a hard cap once you have to start paying your core guys. So they're still toward the top of the league but no longer have the advantages they once had. Predictably.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,313

Post#67 » by crkone » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:51 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/648597248255885312[/tweet]

Jared to the Panthers.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/adbrandt/status/648600483905576960[/tweet]

Yikes. Costly to the cap.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,141
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#68 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:28 pm

These are the prices you pay for winning every offseason Super Bowl for about the last 6-7 years.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,359

Post#69 » by emunney » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:34 pm

I'll be impressed if the Vikings can beat either the Broncos or the Chiefs. My guess is they'll be 2-3 in three weeks and their fans will want to fire everybody again.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,253

Post#70 » by Mags FTW » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:38 pm

Where are all of the Bears fans who preferred to have him over Peppers?
James1980
Veteran
And1: 366

Post#71 » by James1980 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:58 pm

Did those Vikings fans watch their first game of the season?
NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:I overlook foolishness.

Return to Green Bay Packers