ImageImage

Game 3: Kansas City at Green Bay

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 9,888

Re: Game 3: Kansas City at Green Bay 

Post#321 » by sidney lanier » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:33 pm

Another unsung hero game by Bakhtiari, who only got a mention when he got a holding call and they pointed out that he leads the league in holding. He could have triple the holding penalties he has and I'd be OK with it, when you consider who he's protecting and what could happen if he doesn't. Taking the ten yards or risking the season? Seems like an easy choice.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,954

Post#322 » by FAH1223 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:26 pm

emunney wrote:
DH34Phan wrote:I still want to know the reasoning Alex Smith was taken ahead of Rodgers in the draft. Rodgers going to SF made so much sense, I still can't believe they didn't take him.

Trent Dilfer, David Carr, Akili Smith, Joey Harrington, Kyle Boller all preceded Rodgers as highly regarded Tedford QBs. I mean, I get it.

MM hiring Tom Clements in 2006 was his best staff hire.

The readjustment of Aaron's mechanics, footwork and pocket awareness in a couple off seasons was huge.

Obviously none of us thought Aaron would be this good, like an upgrade over #4
DH34Phan
Lead Assistant
And1: 113

Post#323 » by DH34Phan » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:47 pm

After 3 games:

James Jones: 12 rec (15 targets), 219 yards, 4 TD
NYG #2, #3 and #4 WR combined: 17 rec (27 targets), 192 yards, 1 TD

Thanks again New York.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#324 » by Ill-yasova » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:24 am

sidney lanier wrote:Another unsung hero game by Bakhtiari, who only got a mention when he got a holding call and they pointed out that he leads the league in holding. He could have triple the holding penalties he has and I'd be OK with it, when you consider who he's protecting and what could happen if he doesn't. Taking the ten yards or risking the season? Seems like an easy choice.

I think he's a little bit more hobbled than anybody is letting on. That said, Rodgers is still upright and that's all that's important to me.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#325 » by El Duderino » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:01 am

Ill-yasova wrote:
sidney lanier wrote:Another unsung hero game by Bakhtiari, who only got a mention when he got a holding call and they pointed out that he leads the league in holding. He could have triple the holding penalties he has and I'd be OK with it, when you consider who he's protecting and what could happen if he doesn't. Taking the ten yards or risking the season? Seems like an easy choice.

I think he's a little bit more hobbled than anybody is letting on. That said, Rodgers is still upright and that's all that's important to me.

I haven't studied on every starting LT in the NFL, but my guess is that Bakhtiari would rank somewhere around the middle of the pack among those starting LT's when overall things were factored in from pressures allowed, sacks allowed, run blocking, penalties, etc. Still hard to complain from only a 4th round pick.

He does benefit though, along with everyone on that line from Rodgers elite pocket awareness, ability to evade incoming pass rushers, and his super quick release. Hell, pretty much everyone on the Packers offense is made to look better to varying degrees by Rodgers greatness.

As for Bakhtiari's really high holding totals being partially ok so long as it helps keep Aaron healthy, i get the general premise of believing this. That said, i wish i could see tape of each holding call to see how many actually prevented a pass rusher from getting a clear shot at Rodgers vs how many came on running plays and on pass plays where the holding really wasn't some last ditch effort to keep a rusher off Rodgers, just more a matter of poor technique or getting bull rushed.

On his holding call yesterday, if my memory is correct, Aaron had already pretty much rolled out of the area Bakhtiari was, but he got either lazy or brainfarted which resulted in him grabbing the jersey of the defender who wasn't going to get to Rodgers.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,283

Post#326 » by trwi7 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:15 am

"The greatness of Rodgers’ performance last night was in the intangibles," writes Stockwell. "Recognizing the blitz, drawing the defense offsides, catching the Chiefs in bad situations and exploiting those scenarios with simple passes to open receivers. But you cannot — and we do not try to — quantify intangibles, or what comes pre-snap. Our system grades what can be graded — the execution of the play post-snap — and in that regard Rodgers did not stand out in the same way that his statistics did."

http://football.realgm.com/wiretap/35470/PFF-Gives-Aaron-Rodgers-Negative-Grade-For-Week-3

Oh, so you're saying your statistics are meaningless and we shouldn't take them seriously? Will do.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,004

Post#327 » by rilamann » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:26 am

Mags FTW wrote:It's not manufactured doom and gloom. If they get that 2-point, then there is a meaningful onside kick. The same crap happened against Atlanta last year.

Last season vs Atlanta had a totally different feel to it,at least to me.

Vs Atlanta it felt to me like the Packers were legitimately **** the bed and the game was legitimately in doubt.

Vs the Chiefs I never felt that whatsoever,from the first drive up until the end of the game I felt that the Packers were 100% in control of the game.It kind of reminded me of a Spurs Bucks (old Bucks) game in January.Even though the Spurs are coasting,no matter how good the Bucks might look for a stretch or how nice of a run they go on you know that the Spurs are in 100% control of the game.

There is a confidence and drive in this Packer team that wasn't there before.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,457

Post#328 » by JayMKE » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:02 pm

trwi7 wrote:
"The greatness of Rodgers’ performance last night was in the intangibles," writes Stockwell. "Recognizing the blitz, drawing the defense offsides, catching the Chiefs in bad situations and exploiting those scenarios with simple passes to open receivers. But you cannot — and we do not try to — quantify intangibles, or what comes pre-snap. Our system grades what can be graded — the execution of the play post-snap — and in that regard Rodgers did not stand out in the same way that his statistics did."

http://football.realgm.com/wiretap/35470/PFF-Gives-Aaron-Rodgers-Negative-Grade-For-Week-3

Oh, so you're saying your statistics are meaningless and we shouldn't take them seriously? Will do.

people pay for PFF don't they? LOL
FREE GIANNIS
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,141
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#329 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:32 pm

rilamann wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:It's not manufactured doom and gloom. If they get that 2-point, then there is a meaningful onside kick. The same crap happened against Atlanta last year.

Last season vs Atlanta had a totally different feel to it,at least to me.

Vs Atlanta it felt to me like the Packers were legitimately **** the bed and the game was legitimately in doubt.

Vs the Chiefs I never felt that whatsoever,from the first drive up until the end of the game I felt that the Packers were 100% in control of the game.It kind of reminded me of a Spurs Bucks (old Bucks) game in January.Even though the Spurs are coasting,no matter how good the Bucks might look for a stretch or how nice of a run they go on you know that the Spurs are in 100% control of the game.

There is a confidence and drive in this Packer team that wasn't there before.

What changed this offseason? I am curious what your confidence analysis is on this current season in differences between:

What sort of confidence did the "Un-confident 2014 Packers" conjure up for their home victory over New England that was different than the 2015 Seattle home win?
Negative points will be awarded for mentioning:
-The game was at home
-Rodgers had 2 healthy legs in both games.

What sort of confidence was different in this game vs. the Atlanta one?
Negative points will be awarded for:
-Matt Ryan to Julio Jones instead of Alex Smith to WRs that must run routes shorter than 20 yards.

Return to Green Bay Packers