49er Lead Up

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

James1980
Veteran
And1: 366

Re: RE: Re: 49er Lead Up 

Post#41 » by James1980 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:59 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:Remember the "I'd take Kaepernick over Rodgers" posts? Those were fun.

Who the **** said that?

I don't remember those either. I remember us talking about the 49ers (and Seahawks) having a salary cap advantage by paying their starting QBs so little, which was true.
NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:I overlook foolishness.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,203

Re: 49er Lead Up 

Post#42 » by LUKE23 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:53 pm

It was only one person, and I can't remember who as of now, but it was said.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,283

Post#43 » by trwi7 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:10 pm

stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#44 » by Siefer » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:19 pm

I'm not defending the silly grade and write-up, but Rodgers was (by his standard) fairly average against KC. Granted, an average Rodgers is still very, very good.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 10,781

Post#45 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:09 pm

Siefer wrote:I'm not defending the silly grade and write-up, but Rodgers was (by his standard) fairly average against KC. Granted, an average Rodgers is still very, very good.

I guess you could make a comment like he didn't play as well as he could have but he still played at a pro bowl level. To be that consistent in the short game is nuts.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,777

Post#46 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:51 pm

I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,203

Post#47 » by LUKE23 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:53 pm

Bye is coming at a good time this year. If we can get through this week with a win, we end with two home games against sub par offenses, and then everyone should be back for Denver following the bye.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#48 » by thomchatt3rton » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:23 pm

Siefer wrote:I'm not defending the silly grade and write-up, but Rodgers was (by his standard) fairly average against KC. Granted, an average Rodgers is still very, very good.

Why do you think he was average by his standards? I thought he was masterful.
The only thing that might take away from his individual performance, if you want to nitpick, would be that a certain amount of credit is due the coaching staff, for calling the perfect kind of offense against a dangerous pass-rush. That said, Rodgers has a lot of control over what play is actually run, so he can share in the credit for that too.
Other than the uncharacteristic shoulda-been INT, he was about as perfect as a QB can get. I suppose he was average in the sense that he didnt have a bunch of long bombs or smthing? But again, the short passing game was the perfect strategy for that D, so is that evidence of average QB play, or is it the subtlety of true and mature greatness?

Thats what really sticks in my craw about the PFF grade- they felt compelled to stick in that line "he let his receivers do the heavy lifting" or whatever. If they admit they dont take presnap stuff or intangibles into account, then they ought to leave this sort of thing out by the same token, since it ignores the fact that rodgers presnap work is exactly what puts receivers in the position to do heavy lifting. You cant have it both ways.
They may come by their grades honestly, but it was a very concious choice on their part to couch their grading in completely disingenuous terms.
And including a buried disclaimer (one that contradicts the entire thrust of the rest of the article) doesnt absolve anything- on the contrary, its the oldest trick in the book and it just compounds further the general intellectual dishonesty.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,141
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#49 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:28 pm

If a guy gets downgraded for mostly completing a bunch of short passes that the defense gives him, Tom Brady would have a negative career rating.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,313

Post#50 » by crkone » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:33 pm

Quarless to the IR designated to return. No idea on the replacement yet but people think it's Perillo.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,270

Post#51 » by WiscoKing13 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:17 pm

crkone wrote:Quarless to the IR designated to return. No idea on the replacement yet but people think it's Perillo.

FOR ANDREW QUARLESS! wtf, what a joke.
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,283

Post#52 » by trwi7 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:18 pm

WiscoKing13 wrote:
crkone wrote:Quarless to the IR designated to return. No idea on the replacement yet but people think it's Perillo.

FOR ANDREW QUARLESS! wtf, what a joke.

Yeah, I was going to say can't you only use that for one player? I think I'd save that for someone more important than Quarless, no offense to him.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
WiscoKing13
RealGM

Post#53 » by WiscoKing13 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:19 pm

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 43m43 minutes ago
Hard to believe #Packers wasted that designation on Quarless. What if a starter gets hurt? Cobb was hurt in Week 6 when they used it in '13.
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

WiscoKing13
RealGM

Post#54 » by WiscoKing13 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:21 pm

I like andrew and I understand we need the roster the spots for Guion. You have Gaston, Taylor, Banjo, and Goodson who all should be cut before you make this move.
DanoMac wrote:

WiscoKing13
RealGM

Post#55 » by WiscoKing13 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:23 pm

Add kuhn and Mulumba to that list as well.
DanoMac wrote:

Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,141
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#56 » by Kerb Hohl » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:38 pm

I don't understand the rules that well, but why not use it ASAP? Get another TE/special teams player in immediately.

If Cobb replicates his injury of a few years ago in week 6 then you cut someone at the bottom of your 53. Why not use it now? Use it or lose it.

Just thinking off the top of my head, the Titans used this on David Cobb (our favorite poster just got an erection) who is probably only a slight upgrade to the stable of mediocre 3.5 YPC running backs. Seems to be commonplace. Use it right away. Go the old fashioned way if somebody else gets hurt. Hell, just cut Perillo and pick up a WR if Cobb gets hurt and it's functionally the same thing unless you were willing to cut Quarless instead (then I wouldn't have IR'ed him).
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#57 » by wichmae » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:41 pm

They really wasted the IR return tag
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 10,781

Post#58 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:41 pm

thomchatt3rton wrote:

Why do you think he was average by his standards? I thought he was masterful.
The only thing that might take away from his individual performance, if you want to nitpick, would be that a certain amount of credit is due the coaching staff, for calling the perfect kind of offense against a dangerous pass-rush. That said, Rodgers has a lot of control over what play is actually run, so he can share in the credit for that too.
Other than the uncharacteristic shoulda-been INT, he was about as perfect as a QB can get. I suppose he was average in the sense that he didnt have a bunch of long bombs or smthing? But again, the short passing game was the perfect strategy for that D, so is that evidence of average QB play, or is it the subtlety of true and mature greatness?
Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

One thing I didn't like about Rodgers is that in the past I thought he went for the big play too often. I'm a big fan of the west coast offense where you just wear down the defense slicing and dicing for 12 yards at a time. I cringed when a drive ended on a 3rd and 7 because Rodgers took a chance downfield. I love this Rodgers. Who knows, maybe not having Jordy makes this team better since it forces Rodgers to take more high percentage shots instead of bombs to Jordy.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,869

Post#59 » by humanrefutation » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:43 pm

Could they move Quarless to the season-ending IR and free up that spot if something happened?
WiscoKing13
RealGM

Post#60 » by WiscoKing13 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:44 pm

humanrefutation wrote:Could they move Quarless to the season-ending IR and free up that spot if something happened?

95 percent sure that's not possible.
DanoMac wrote:

Return to Green Bay Packers