ATL: Week 4

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,270

Re: ATL: Week 4 

Post#21 » by WiscoKing13 » Sun Oct 4, 2015 11:56 pm

GB_Packers wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:Looks like everyone will stop blowing the Cardinals.

They'll work their way over to the Falcons now. Then you look at their joke of a schedule and outside of Carolina twice in the last few weeks, it's a cupcake schedule.

That's figuring that CAR is actaully a good team which I doubt. Beat Jags, Texans, NO(not brees) and Bucs. Could we get that schedule the next 4 games?
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
GB_Packers
Head Coach
And1: 1,248

Post#22 » by GB_Packers » Mon Oct 5, 2015 12:15 am

Falcons have had come from behind wins over the Eagles, Giants and a Brandon Weeden lead Cowboys team. Houston is just too awful to not blowout at home. Carolina may not be a truly good team either but just looking at ATL's schedule, seems they may be the best team they play the rest of the year.

Washington
@Saints
@Titans
Bucs
@Niners
Colts
Vikings
@Bucs
@Panthers
@Jags
Panthers
Saints

Three straight road games is definitely tough, regardless of opponent but they'll probably be the favorite in two of those. Can only play who's on your schedule and kudos to them for a 4-0 start but eh...just seems a lot like the Falcons who got skull **** by Rodgers the Super Bowl year.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#23 » by Profound23 » Mon Oct 5, 2015 12:20 am

I still say the Seahawks will be in the thick of it at the end.

AZ, ATL, STL, and Dallas (if Romo and Dez come back at 100%) as well.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,126

Re: RE: Re: ATL: Week 4 

Post#24 » by RRyder823 » Mon Oct 5, 2015 1:40 am

GB_Packers wrote:Falcons have had come from behind wins over the Eagles, Giants and a Brandon Weeden lead Cowboys team. Houston is just too awful to not blowout at home. Carolina may not be a truly good team either but just looking at ATL's schedule, seems they may be the best team they play the rest of the year.

Washington
@Saints
@Titans
Bucs
@Niners
Colts
Vikings
@Bucs
@Panthers
@Jags
Panthers
Saints

Three straight road games is definitely tough, regardless of opponent but they'll probably be the favorite in two of those. Can only play who's on your schedule and kudos to them for a 4-0 start but eh...just seems a lot like the Falcons who got skull **** by Rodgers the Super Bowl year.

Even though they'll likely be favored in pretty much all their games the rest of the way, excluding @Carolina, the Colts n possibly the Vikings, I could also see them losing either or both to the Saints if Brees is gtg, the Titans, and even the @Tampa game.

That team just isn't that good. Sure they could finish 13-3 with an easy schedule. But hell they could also finish 10-6 if teams stopped letting back into games.

In any case is it even a worry? Assuming the Packers are the #2 seed is anyone concerned about possibly going into Atlanta in the playoffs?????? Seriously that game would be a massacre. Put ARod in a dome against an average team and see what happens...... Wait..... That happened in 2010.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,126

Re: RE: Re: ATL: Week 4 

Post#25 » by RRyder823 » Mon Oct 5, 2015 1:42 am

Profound23 wrote:I still say the Seahawks will be in the thick of it at the end.

AZ, ATL, STL, and Dallas (if Romo and Dez come back at 100%) as well.

I'm inclined to agree. The West is so tough though I could see Minnesota grabbing the 6 seed though over say STL
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,654

Post#26 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Oct 5, 2015 3:26 am

This risk-adverse bullsh*t coaching is terrible.
Profound23
RealGM

Post#27 » by Profound23 » Mon Oct 5, 2015 3:32 am

What a dumb timeout by Dallas. You just allow N.O. to move closer and closer......giving them more chances at a TD.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,141
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#28 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Oct 5, 2015 3:33 am

Mags FTW wrote:Why did the Chargers spend a 1st rounder on Gordon and then only give him 14 carries a game?

This is why my friend calls Woodhead "the coach's son."

It doesn't matter how much talent they bring in, their 5'9" 180 lb Woodhead will be the goal line guy and vulture many of the touches.
Profound23
RealGM

Post#29 » by Profound23 » Mon Oct 5, 2015 3:35 am

Profound23 wrote:What a dumb timeout by Dallas. You just allow N.O. to move closer and closer......giving them more chances at a TD.

and a terrible kick to end it
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,779

Post#30 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Oct 5, 2015 3:40 am

Saints!
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,283

Post#31 » by trwi7 » Mon Oct 5, 2015 3:45 am

Profound23 wrote:What a dumb timeout by Dallas. You just allow N.O. to move closer and closer......giving them more chances at a TD.

I thought the timeouts by Dallas were genius. They don't use them and the Saints just run the clock down to 3 or 4 seconds leaving Dallas no time. The Saints weren't going to do anything risky there, so it's not like you're worried about defending the pass.

They were assuming the Saints were going to make a 30-35 yard FG (a pretty good assumption, even though they didn't) and they wanted to leave themselves just a little time to get one play off, no matter how unlikely it is that they score instead of letting them run the clock down to basically nothing and having time expire on the kick.

One thing I will say is I don't think that Williams TD catch to tie it should've counted. I don't know what Collinsworth was looking at but that ball hit the ground and then rolled. I honestly can't believe the replay booth upheld that call after looking at the replay.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#32 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Oct 5, 2015 3:47 am

I think Williams' hands were under it so it's OK that it bounced into his chest a bit, but really hard to see.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,283

Post#33 » by trwi7 » Mon Oct 5, 2015 4:32 am

Kerb Hohl wrote:I think Williams' hands were under it so it's OK that it bounced into his chest a bit, but really hard to see.

I know it's okay for the ball to move if the player controls it but that ball moved a lot and changed positions when it hit the ground. I don't know, I've seen a lot of plays that look like that be overturned on a challenge.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

ATL: Week 4 

Post#34 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Oct 5, 2015 4:39 am

trwi7 wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:I think Williams' hands were under it so it's OK that it bounced into his chest a bit, but really hard to see.

I know it's okay for the ball to move if the player controls it but that ball moved a lot and changed positions when it hit the ground. I don't know, I've seen a lot of plays that look like that be overturned on a challenge.

I don't think it hit the ground is what I meant in my post. He had his hands linked up and cupped under the ball.

When it bounces up to his chest you see his hands completely together bringing it up. I don't think it hit the ground.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,091

Post#35 » by HKPackFan » Mon Oct 5, 2015 5:01 am

We may never be able to figure out what a catch is ever again.
#FreeChuckDiesel
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,091

Post#36 » by HKPackFan » Mon Oct 5, 2015 5:29 am

Looking at the Patriots schedule I don't see where they will lose a game this year.

@ cowboys
@ colts
vs Jets
vs Dolphins
vs Redskins
vs Giants
vs Bills (Maybe here?)
@ Broncos (slight chance?)
vs eagles
@ texans
vs titans
@ jets
@ dolphins

It looks like they have cupcake games almost the entire season. How many winning teams will they face the rest of the year maybe 2 or 3?
#FreeChuckDiesel
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,309

Post#37 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Oct 5, 2015 1:29 pm

The AFC is even more of a cake walk this season than it was last, especially with teams like the Ravens, Broncos, and Colts taking steps back. Honestly wouldn't be surprised to see NE go 15-1 or 14-2.

You know it's bad when the Bengals are the only other team that seem like a legitimate threat...
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,159

Post#38 » by raysbookclub » Mon Oct 5, 2015 2:56 pm

Same old for the Patriots schedule. When was the last time anyone in the AFC East besides the Patriots was a playoff team? AFC field is pretty much the same every year: the Patriots, the Colts (in the equally consistently terrible AFC South), lately the Broncos (with the SD and KC being ok some years), and the AFC North.

Put the Ravens in the AFC East and the Patriots in the AFC North, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Ravens would have 3-5 Super Bowls in the last 15 years, with the Patriots winning none or one.
James1980
Veteran
And1: 366

Post#39 » by James1980 » Mon Oct 5, 2015 3:56 pm

Philbin fired per Schefter
NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:I overlook foolishness.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,347

Post#40 » by M-C-G » Mon Oct 5, 2015 4:06 pm

James1980 wrote:Philbin fired per Schefter

I was thinking he'd be fired on the plane. Hopefully we find a way to bring him back in the fold here. Then if Clements or someone gets a head coaching gig, he can be play calling OC.

Return to Green Bay Packers