ImageImage

GT: Packers @ 49ers

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,451

Re: GT: Packers @ 49ers 

Post#241 » by neiLz » Mon Oct 5, 2015 5:51 pm

Curious to see how PFF rated Rodgers performance.
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,451

Post#242 » by neiLz » Mon Oct 5, 2015 5:54 pm

Curious to see how PFF rated Rodgers performance. so i found it :

Quarterback: Aaron Rodgers, Packers (+4.9)

This isn’t his first winning of this award, and most likely not his last. He had just five off-target balls (of his 10 incompletions, two were dropped and three were throwaways) all game as he waltzed the Packers past the 49ers.

I think we'd all agree we wasn't as good as last week and had a pretty average performance for his standards but to give him a negative last week and rate him as the best QB this week boggles my mind.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#243 » by El Duderino » Mon Oct 5, 2015 9:50 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:The biggest and perhaps only important takeaway from this game for me is that we were able to not just win, but dominate an opponent with Rodgers looking average for most of it. Holding the home team to 3 points and under 200 yards of total offense is an impressive feat no matter the opponent.

This really reminded me of the Jets game in 2010 when we knew our defense was legit. Which is probably the last time I felt as good about our defense as I do right now.

I don't think Rodgers played just average. The way i saw things, the O-Line allowed to much pressure, also hurt drives with three holding calls, and the receivers as a group struggled to get open given the 49ers sat on short routes because we currently lack a deep threat on the outside and defenses know it.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,141
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#244 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Oct 5, 2015 10:13 pm

Yeah I thought Rodgers played really well. SF just kept everything in front of them and a few fluky things killed drives.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,310

Post#245 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Oct 5, 2015 11:43 pm

El Duderino wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:The biggest and perhaps only important takeaway from this game for me is that we were able to not just win, but dominate an opponent with Rodgers looking average for most of it. Holding the home team to 3 points and under 200 yards of total offense is an impressive feat no matter the opponent.

This really reminded me of the Jets game in 2010 when we knew our defense was legit. Which is probably the last time I felt as good about our defense as I do right now.

I don't think Rodgers played just average. The way i saw things, the O-Line allowed to much pressure, also hurt drives with three holding calls, and the receivers as a group struggled to get open given the 49ers sat on short routes because we currently lack a deep threat on the outside and defenses know it.

Didn't say he "played" average, but the O-line struggles and receivers not getting separation made him "look" average.

I agree, I actually think this was one of his best games if you look past the stats, but the fact is that we only put up 17 points, yet we dominated the game anyways. That's a great sign.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,091

Re: RE: Re: GT: Packers @ 49ers 

Post#246 » by HKPackFan » Tue Oct 6, 2015 2:39 am

Iheartfootball wrote:At the game, at worst it was 60/40 49er fans. Lot's of Go Pack Go chanting. It was impressive. Sat behind Quinten Rollins family.

Parking offsite is...$50. No matter where you park. We were a mile away.

It was way too hot for a football game. Stadium is nice but there is really no cover from sun. I was actually dreaming of the Stick. That stadium was garbage but it was at least cool weather. Santa Clara is like a desert.

Could hear the go pack go on the tv in the 4th quarter frigging awesome. Crazy a brand new stadium could be considered garbage in this day and age.
#FreeChuckDiesel
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#247 » by El Duderino » Tue Oct 6, 2015 4:22 am

Ron Swanson wrote:
El Duderino wrote:

Didn't say he "played" average, but the O-line struggles and receivers not getting separation made him "look" average.

I agree, I actually think this was one of his best games if you look past the stats, but the fact is that we only put up 17 points, yet we dominated the game anyways. That's a great sign.

The best thing Rodgers did is what he almost always does, not turn the ball over. So many QB's in a game like that try forcing a ball or two into all of that tight coverage or aren't accurate with a pass, leading to a turnover or two.

Props also to Rodgers, all of the other skill position players, and the offensive coaches to a lesser degree on how well they take care of the ball via rarely fumbling. When good teams don't turn it over, it's extra hard to beat them.
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#248 » by HKPackFan » Tue Oct 6, 2015 5:53 am

There were at least 2-3 times I yelled out, "NO!" as I saw a pass rusher look like he was about to destroy Rodgers and somehow Rodgers magically timewarped a few feet over before being crushed and got the ball out of there. It wasn't a beautiful performance but he was still creating magic that other QBs would be getting destroyed.
#FreeChuckDiesel
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#249 » by HKPackFan » Tue Oct 6, 2015 6:13 am

As an aside....I know Sam Shields isn't the perfect corner, but damn, sometimes he shows that incredible God given speed.

On that INT, where he suddenly hits NITRO and zooms forward like the rest of the guys are in slow motion and jumps in front and makes the pick was INSANE!

And earlier when caught up to to the WR on the only big play they had, SHIELDS in NITRO again bursts onto the screen from nowhere to catch up to the guy. He did the same thing last week to save a TD. Man oh man it's good to have speed.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Green Bay Packers