ImageImage

Rams Leadup

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,313

Rams Leadup 

Post#1 » by crkone » Mon Oct 5, 2015 12:26 pm

Aaron Donald is an absolute beast. I hope the interior can handle him. Gurley was phenomenal and shredded a very good Cards defense. Pack are at home so the train will keep rolling.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,126

Re: Rams Leadup 

Post#2 » by RRyder823 » Mon Oct 5, 2015 1:23 pm

We roll at home but if this game was in STL I'd be worried. That DLine is no joke. Probably the best in the league. That said I expect Cobb to have a big day out of the slot so long as the shoulders fine.
zmanishere11
Sixth Man
And1: 241

Post#3 » by zmanishere11 » Mon Oct 5, 2015 1:27 pm

GB -10

Was hoping we'd get something like -6 from a betting standpoint, but Vegas has figured out you have to give Rodgers 2 scores at home.

I don't know what to make of STL. Didn't watch the AZ game but it seems to me they just choked it right away - 3 lost fumbles and 5 short FG's?

Love the way our defense is playing but I think if I bet this game it's going to be as a teaser with STL covering like 16
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,309

Post#4 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Oct 5, 2015 1:51 pm

STL seems to play up to their competition and they're arguably in the driver's seat for that division right now after beating Arizona. They'll be plenty motivated.

Basically, if our defense comes to play like it has the last three weeks, we blow them out. If they take a step back, It's gonna be a tough sled. I think that offense can put up some points now that they have a healthy trio of Foles, Gurley, and Austin.

W 24-16
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#5 » by LikeABosh » Mon Oct 5, 2015 2:40 pm

Rams are proving to be a complete team. That Dline is no joke

That being said, AZ lost that game because of turnovers. You have to think we'll protect the ball better (especially at home)

W 24-16 sounds good to me too
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,159

Post#6 » by raysbookclub » Mon Oct 5, 2015 2:42 pm

Rams are so up and down. Their D-line is great, so that D is going to be tough, even if Ogletree is out. Gurley looked great, so it will be another stiff test for the Packers, after Forte and Lynch and Charles and Hyde. But it could be a not-close win for the Packers.

They seem like a version of the same team as the Seahawks and Vikings and Redskins. Strong RB, with small, speedy WRs, and a tough defense.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,654

Post#7 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Oct 5, 2015 3:30 pm

Gurley is going to be a problem.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,869

Post#8 » by humanrefutation » Mon Oct 5, 2015 4:01 pm

This game has me legitimately worried. Has all the makings of a classic Packers upset:

1. Emotionally drained after three big games.
2. Playing at home; maybe a little complacent.
3. A Rams team that has a good pass rush and a running back with big play potential.

I don't like it.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,347

Post#9 » by M-C-G » Mon Oct 5, 2015 4:09 pm

humanrefutation wrote:This game has me legitimately worried. Has all the makings of a classic Packers upset:

3. A Rams team that has a good pass rush and a running back with big play potential.

I don't like it.

The good news is that we have found a way to operate against damn near elite pass rushes every week. We should be ready for another one.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,850

Post#10 » by BUCKnation » Mon Oct 5, 2015 4:21 pm

Not worried. The Rams will get pressure but we'll put up plenty of points. We've shut down 3 great RBs so far, so I think that continues. Tavon Austin will probably get a big play or two but I think we'll handle this well. 31-17.

At the same time, the Rams are the West Ham of the NFL this year (anyone who follows the Premier League will get that) so I wouldn't be stunned by an upset. It'd be pretty huge though.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,313

Post#11 » by crkone » Mon Oct 5, 2015 4:24 pm

humanrefutation wrote:This game has me legitimately worried. Has all the makings of a classic Packers upset:

I don't like it.

I've heard this the past two weeks lol. Against the Chiefs it was a classic let down game after an emotional victory against Seahawks team with a chip on its shoulder. This past week it was a classic let down game after have a short week and traveling to the other side of the country to play a team with a chip on its shoulder. I don't think the Pack will be upset at home anytime in the near future. The Rams themselves came off an emotional victory at a hated rival.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,141
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#12 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Oct 5, 2015 4:27 pm

Not like the Rams just had an emotional victory or anything.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Post#13 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Mon Oct 5, 2015 4:46 pm

Just saw the Rams have lost LB Alec Ogletree for a while (maybe the season), so that's a blow to their D.
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,869

Post#14 » by humanrefutation » Mon Oct 5, 2015 4:47 pm

crkone wrote:

I don't like it.

I've heard this the past two weeks lol. Against the Chiefs it was a classic let down game after an emotional victory against Seahawks team with a chip on its shoulder. This past week it was a classic let down game after have a short week and traveling to the other side of the country to play a team with a chip on its shoulder. I don't think the Pack will be upset at home anytime in the near future. The Rams themselves came off an emotional victory at a hated rival.

You could maybe argue the same thing about the Chiefs game, but that was on MNF and that brings its own set of motivations - and I don't think I need to explain why this team was motivated to beat the 49ers.

The Rams could come to GB and just get shellacked, sure. I don't think Foles is that great and I don't like their WR corp. But they've got Gurley going, they just showed they could go on the road and beat a good team, and they have a pass rush.

If you look at the Packers and when they've struggled historically, it is against a team with a good pass rush and a good running game. The 49ers really put the Packers in a tough spot for most of yesterday due to the pass rush and the inability for guys to get open in the secondary.

The Rams have, easily, the best pass rush of the teams who have faced the Packers so far. They are tied with the Packers for second in the league in sacks.

Todd Gurley exploded for 146 yards on nearly 8 yards per carry against a good Cardinals defense.

I'm not saying I would bet on the Rams. I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised if they gave us problems next week. If this game wasn't in GB, I'd feel even more worried.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,779

Post#15 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Oct 5, 2015 5:12 pm

Tough game but a game you win at home.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
IrishRainbow
Veteran
And1: 900

Re: RE: Re: Rams Leadup 

Post#16 » by IrishRainbow » Mon Oct 5, 2015 6:47 pm

PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:...so that's a blow to their D.

So what you mean is....screw it...you mean felasio don't you.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,253

Post#17 » by Mags FTW » Tue Oct 6, 2015 1:20 am

Kerb Hohl wrote:Not like the Rams just had an emotional victory or anything.

Exactly. I could've seen them look at "@ AZ, @ GB" and say to themselves, "we need to win one of those two" and then just be satisfied with the split.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,126

Re: RE: Re: Rams Leadup 

Post#18 » by RRyder823 » Tue Oct 6, 2015 2:07 am

Mags FTW wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:Not like the Rams just had an emotional victory or anything.

Exactly. I could've seen them look at "@ AZ, @ GB" and say to themselves, "we need to win one of those two" and then just be satisfied with the split.

I'm actually amazed someone thinks the Packers could be "emotionally drained" after Sunday's game. Other then for fans worried about "the 49ers having our number" how exactly how was it in any way an "emotionally draining" game when it was a comfortable 2 score win where we had the lead all the way after the first drive of the game?
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,091

Post#19 » by HKPackFan » Tue Oct 6, 2015 2:33 am

Rams have one of the best dines and our tackles have been regressing.

Bakteria and Barclay need to get their **** together and even the guards had holding calls on Sunday and will have their hands full.

We may need to get a TE/rb helping Barclay most of the game.

They do have a good recipe to give us trouble being able to get pressure with 4 or 5 and a solid run game to keep our offense off the field.

Gotta take GB at home but this one sounds like it will be a battle.

The keys to the game IMO. Does the defense continue to play stout against the run and force 3 and outs and can the oline improve its leaky habits lately.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,789

Post#20 » by Turk Nowitzki » Tue Oct 6, 2015 3:49 am

HKPackFan wrote:Bakteria and Barclay need to get their **** together and even the guards had holding calls on Sunday and will have their hands full.

I think we need to start calling him this when he plays poorly. :lol:

Return to Green Bay Packers