Rams Leadup

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,126

Re: Rams Leadup 

Post#61 » by RRyder823 » Thu Oct 8, 2015 1:11 pm

Back to the game.

Should be interesting to see how much Bulaga participates in practice today. Would be a huge boon for us going into Sunday but with the Packers training staffs history I'd say the smart money is him sitting out no matter what
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,091

Post#62 » by HKPackFan » Thu Oct 8, 2015 1:34 pm

With this awesome pass rushing Dline and the thought they might keep their safeties back I'm thinking we might get a large dose of lacy and starks Sunday.

Like lacy 20 touches and starks another 8 to 10.

That's if they are successful in pounding it out. Also Barclay is a way better run blocker then pass blocker.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,968

Post#63 » by Badgerlander » Thu Oct 8, 2015 4:23 pm

RIP Lindy

Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,114

Post#64 » by KidA24 » Thu Oct 8, 2015 4:54 pm

Packers coach from 88-91. In 1989, he coached what might've been the most famous Packers game in 20 years.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-nB53aJN0[/youtube]
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,313

Post#65 » by crkone » Thu Oct 8, 2015 5:31 pm

Bulaga practiced yesterday in shells and today in pads. Best news injury wise in a while.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,779

Post#66 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Oct 9, 2015 12:18 am

Green Bay Packers right tackle Bryan Bulaga’s injured left knee responded well enough to Wednesday’s practice that he was able to take part in Thursday’s padded session inside the Don Hutson Center.

It’s the first time Bulaga has appeared in pads since the injury occurred early in a Sept. 17 practice and a promising sign for his availability for Sunday's game against the St. Louis Rams. The plan was for Bulaga to practice Thursday barring any setbacks. His attendance was a good sign everything went according to schedule.

The Packers haven’t had their full offensive line together since last month’s opener in Chicago. They could use Bulaga against the Rams, who are tied for second in the NFL with 17 sacks. Bulaga’s replacement, Don Barclay, struggled in Sunday’s 17-3 win over San Francisco.

Safety Morgan Burnett (calf), inside linebacker Jake Ryan (hamstring) and receiver Davante Adams (ankle) sat out of practice again, leaving their availability for Sunday's game in doubt. All three spent most of the portion of practice open to the media riding stationary bikes on the side.

Cornerback Demetri Goodson (hamstring), receivers James Jones (hamstring) and Randall Cobb (shoulder) all practiced after being limited Wednesday. Jones didn’t appear to be wearing his typical lower-body pads, though.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#67 » by HKPackFan » Fri Oct 9, 2015 6:20 am

Some promising words by Van Pelt on our boy Abby:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/young-receivers-work-to-earn-aaron-rodgers-trust-b99592955z1-331501951.html

Abbrederis is a prime example of how Packers coaches reward players for their practice performance. Released on the final cut, Abbrederis returned to the practice squad and in the first three weeks of the season began to show some of the skills that motivated the Packers to draft him in the fifth round in 2014.

Abbrederis had some catching up to do because he missed all of last season with a torn knee ligament and all but a few days of this year's camp with a concussion. But with Adams ailing, Abbrederis was elevated to the 53-man roster Saturday.

Abbrederis did not play a single snap against the 49ers, but Bennett said Monday he would get his chance soon. Van Pelt said in just three weeks, Abbrederis has caught the eye of Rodgers and been on the receiving end of an increasing number of passes in practice.

"He's quick," Van Pelt said. "He's got really good feet. He knows when to make his breaks. He bends well. He's quick in and out of his cuts, and his hands are strong. He and Aaron have a good rapport."

But like Janis, Abbrederis needs a chance. If he gets one, he has to do something to force the coaches to keep him on the field. Montgomery is in that situation now, but if he doesn't produce, the next guy will get his chance.

"The bottom line is results," Bennett said.
#FreeChuckDiesel
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#68 » by HKPackFan » Fri Oct 9, 2015 6:41 am

Quarless speaks for the first time since his injury and I already wish he'd STFU!!!

Please no undefeated talk. Ugh. :nonono:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/331411041.html

When the Green Bay Packers placed Andrew Quaraless on injured reserve/designated to return, it meant they would be without their backup tight end for a minimum of eight games. The next time he is eligible to take the field is likely Thanksgiving night against the Chicago Bears.

By that point the Packers will have played six more games following their 4-0 start, three at home and three on the road. And Quarless thinks his team will win them all.

"I hope we’re undefeated," Quarless said when asked about his potential return. "I think we will be. I mean, they’ve been playing real good. We had a great start. I think the guys are really going to step it up and keep it going."

That undefeated streak could end against the rams. Broncos have a tough D, Panthers and Vikings are both solid teams. I'm just happy if we go 4-2 over the next 6 games. 8-2 would be a great record going into Thanksgiving.

I love his optimism, but shutup Quarless.
#FreeChuckDiesel
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#69 » by HKPackFan » Fri Oct 9, 2015 7:02 am

KidA24 wrote:Packers coach from 88-91. In 1989, he coached what might've been the most famous Packers game in 20 years.

1989 one of the greatest seasons of my youth. My have been the only good season of my youth. :lol: We beat the friggin 49ers dynasty!! And the Bears! Oh what memories. Didn't that season have some influence on pushing for a second second wild card team after we finished 10-6 and didn't get into the playoffs?

Majik Man. Sharpe. White Lightening Jeff Query. Timmy Harris!! Oh good times.

RIP Infanty.
#FreeChuckDiesel
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#70 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Oct 9, 2015 12:20 pm

Abby always looks good on the field until he gets hit.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,114

Post#71 » by KidA24 » Fri Oct 9, 2015 1:42 pm

HKPackFan wrote:
KidA24 wrote:Packers coach from 88-91. In 1989, he coached what might've been the most famous Packers game in 20 years.

1989 one of the greatest seasons of my youth. My have been the only good season of my youth. :lol: We beat the friggin 49ers dynasty!! And the Bears! Oh what memories. Didn't that season have some influence on pushing for a second second wild card team after we finished 10-6 and didn't get into the playoffs?

Majik Man. Sharpe. White Lightening Jeff Query. Timmy Harris!! Oh good times.

RIP Infanty.

There were already two WC's that year, the Eagles and Rams both went 11-5 and lost their divisions.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#72 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Oct 9, 2015 4:25 pm

The following is a summary of Packers coach Mike McCarthy's Friday press conference:

(On Bulaga) Doing well. Did everything we planned for. We'll have a medical meeting at 11:30. So far so good.
(On challenge to play) With veteran players, it's just communication. Bryan knows what he has to do to get ready. That's why you take the full week and make sure he's ready.
(On Burnett) He's getting better. I'll know more today.
(On calf injury) It's a little different. This is the second time. I know that's part of the evaluation.
(On Adams similiar situation) Yes. Second time he's done it.
(On where team is) We backed off Wednesday. That was the right thing to do. Being inside is not ideal. It's a different practice. it was a good practice. We're going to need the entire week to be ready.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#73 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Oct 9, 2015 4:26 pm

My guess is Bulaga plays, Adams and Burnett do not.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,654

Post#74 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Oct 9, 2015 7:44 pm

Sounds like Sean Richardson's career is over with another season ending neck injury.
Reddeye
Bench Warmer
And1: 263

Post#75 » by Reddeye » Fri Oct 9, 2015 7:51 pm

Green Bay Packers safety Sean Richardson has suffered a herniated disk in his neck for the second time in his career and will be lost for the season, according to a source who was informed of the safety's condition.

The injury could spell the end of Richardson's career because it is a similar injury to the one he suffered in 2012 and required fusion surgery of the C-5 and C-6 vertebrae.

According to neurosurgeons who have performed fusion surgery, a second herniation typically occurs directly below or above where the fusion took place. Richardson's latest herniation took place below the fusion, the source said.

Richardson was added to the injury report Thursday with a neck injury and was listed as a limited participant. He practiced in full on Wednesday, but was experiencing neck pain the following day and an MRI was ordered.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,359

Post#76 » by emunney » Fri Oct 9, 2015 7:52 pm

That sucks.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,313

Post#77 » by crkone » Fri Oct 9, 2015 8:03 pm

Glad he's not more injuried. I can't comprehend continuing to play tackle football after a herniated disk.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,655

Post#78 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Oct 9, 2015 8:15 pm

Man I feel for Richardson and happy he got some money in that raiders offer since it looks like his career is done. Feel bad for the dude.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
HKPackFan
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: Rams Leadup 

Post#79 » by HKPackFan » Fri Oct 9, 2015 10:11 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Man I feel for Richardson and happy he got some money in that raiders offer since it looks like his career is done. Feel bad for the dude.

Ya. At least he made a few bucks before it all ended.

Feel bad for him.

Banjo is going to have to step up now.
#FreeChuckDiesel
BigDee
RealGM
And1: 1,349

Post#80 » by BigDee » Fri Oct 9, 2015 11:06 pm

Sad news to hear about Richardson.

Return to Green Bay Packers