ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,654

2016 NFL Draft Thread 

Post#1 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Oct 6, 2015 3:46 pm

Figured one of these is overdue.

Latest mock from SBNation.

One name not on there, but will be by the time the draft rolls around: Joe Schobert. I don't have any doubts that he'll end up a first rounder.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Re: 2016 NFL Draft Thread 

Post#2 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Tue Oct 6, 2015 3:54 pm

Would love a stud TE, otherwise I think you continue to load up on the DL and LBs. And maybe OL for depth purposes too.
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,309

Post#3 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Oct 6, 2015 4:03 pm

I'm assuming we ink Daniels to an extension and let BJ walk (at least that's what I'd do), so I'm looking OLB with our first pick unless a stud nose tackle falls to us.

Perry and Neal are up for new contracts and I doubt we keep both or even one of them. Combine that with Peppers being another year older and Clay's always present durability concerns, I think we'll be in dire need of more pass rushers next offseason.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,313

Post#4 » by crkone » Tue Oct 6, 2015 4:21 pm

I'd like a Nelson clone if possible. Need someone to stretch the field and Janis doesn't seem to be up to the task just yet. Adams isn't really suited for that role either.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,141
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#5 » by Kerb Hohl » Tue Oct 6, 2015 4:24 pm

Trade all picks up to get Schobert #1.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM

Post#6 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Tue Oct 6, 2015 5:05 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:Trade all picks up to get Schobert #1.

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Oct 6, 2015 5:29 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:Trade all picks up to get Schobert #1.

So your big news on FB. Congrats, homie!
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,141
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#8 » by Kerb Hohl » Tue Oct 6, 2015 6:01 pm

Thanks. Probably will cut into my RealGM/fantasy time, I'm sure.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,359

Post#9 » by emunney » Tue Oct 6, 2015 8:16 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Figured one of these is overdue.

One name not on there, but will be by the time the draft rolls around: Joe Schobert. I don't have any doubts that he'll end up a first rounder.

That's too bad, because I'd love to put him next to Palmer.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,091

Post#10 » by HKPackFan » Wed Oct 7, 2015 12:14 am

Agreed we have a ton of guys in contract years or getting old. Neal and perry. Peppers old. Clay isn't young anymore but hopefully he's still got several years left. ILB he takes more pounding so take that into account.

Guion Daniels bj all have contracts coming up. That's 3 DL and 3 olbs that could be gone within 1 to 2 years.

Gotta replenish to stock.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#11 » by Profound23 » Wed Oct 7, 2015 1:40 am

HKPackFan wrote:Agreed we have a ton of guys in contract years or getting old. Neal and perry. Peppers old. Clay isn't young anymore but hopefully he's still got several years left. ILB he takes more pounding so take that into account.

Guion Daniels bj all have contracts coming up. That's 3 DL and 3 olbs that could be gone within 1 to 2 years.

Gotta replenish to stock.

All the more reason we have to win this year.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,126

Post#12 » by RRyder823 » Wed Oct 7, 2015 5:38 am

I try n stay away from to picking apart which players targets untill after the season as players stocks vary so much between then n now.

That said here's my top "needs"

1:NT- Raji is pricing himself out of GB and I don't want to be the one that has to pay him top dollar.

2:ILB- No real explanation needed.

3: OLB- Could see them bringing back Perry but Peppers is on his last legs.

4: OT- Added depth or a possible upgrade for Bakhtiari

5: WR- Just because we always draft one high n we could use a speedster to replace Jordy n a few years.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,919

Post#13 » by midranger » Fri Oct 9, 2015 3:09 am

I'm no nfl scout but I have to imagine that schobert is 43 will olb scheme specific in the nfl
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#14 » by HKPackFan » Fri Oct 9, 2015 3:45 am

To add to your list I'd like a second try at TE if they find one.

And at some point we need a strong young horse behind lacy. Starks I doubt stays.

Maybe 2016 or 2017 but need another one. RBs don't last that long.
#FreeChuckDiesel
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,126

Re: RE: Re: 2016 NFL Draft Thread 

Post#15 » by RRyder823 » Fri Oct 9, 2015 5:32 am

HKPackFan wrote:To add to your list I'd like a second try at TE if they find one.

And at some point we need a strong young horse behind lacy. Starks I doubt stays.

Wouldn't mind a TE or another RB since I agree Starks is gone after this year. That said I didn't put those on my list as I'm happy with R Rodgers at TE so I'd have to put backup TE n backup RB as almost luxury type picks.

Worth addressing sure but if I add those two positions to the list I also should probably add Guard, DE and maybe even Saftey to the list to help protect for when guys leave in a few years.

Pretty much can use talent at any position if a guy falls was just trying to pinpoint the areas I feel are going to need to be addressed rather then what would be nice to have
HKPackFan
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: 2016 NFL Draft Thread 

Post#16 » by HKPackFan » Fri Oct 9, 2015 5:59 am

RRyder823 wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:To add to your list I'd like a second try at TE if they find one.

Wouldn't mind a TE or another RB since I agree Starks is gone after this year. That said I didn't put those on my list as I'm happy with R Rodgers at TE so I'd have to put backup TE n backup RB as almost luxury type picks.

Worth addressing sure but if I add those two positions to the list I also should probably add Guard, DE and maybe even Saftey to the list to help protect for when guys leave in a few years.

Pretty much can use talent at any position if a guy falls was just trying to pinpoint the areas I feel are going to need to be addressed rather then what would be nice to have

Yes I meant to say #6 and #7. Not big priorities but if a good one falls grab him kinda thing. Although TE a bit more of a "need" (using it loosely) than RB.

Quarless is meh. Dick has a bit of Bubba Franks feel, but still need the stretch the field TE and we have no depth.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,309

Post#17 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Oct 9, 2015 2:31 pm

I think whether or not we draft a TE in the first 4 rounds depends on how Backman progresses. If he shows something in the receiving game, I'm fine running with him and Dick Rod with a guy like Perillo as your #3 TE, at least for the immediate future. Wouldn't rule out us re-signing Quarless either (he's still only 26).

Obviously if a stud tackle or TE drops to us I'd reconsider, but I'm almost entirely focusing on defense in the first three rounds of next year's draft. We're loaded at almost every position on offense and if 2011 has taught me anything, even if we win the super bowl this year, I don't want to get complacent and end up relying on undrafted guys and lower round picks to fill in the vacuum left in the front 7. Raji, Guion, Daniels, Perry, and Neal are all free agents and at least 2-3 of those guys are guaranteed to be gone. Can't pay everyone.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM

Post#18 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Wed Feb 3, 2016 12:25 pm

I'm going to bump this for all of you guys who follow the draft and college football more than I do. Who are you all hoping for in the first few rounds?

And now for my annual Gopher Homer Pick! Haha
This year it will be two players. The CB duo of Eric Murray and Briean Boddy-Calhoun. Murray is a Milwaukee kid.

MURRAY

CBS:
Eric Murray, CB, Minnesota
Though not quite as much of a pounder as fellow top senior corner prospect Danzel McDaniel, Murray's size (6-0, 196) and physical nature should land him near the top of NFL teams' cornerback wish list. The second-team All-Big Ten selection's experience in press-man coverage is extensive, and his ball skills are good enough to create turnovers when given the opportunity. He's also a special-teams stalwart who blocked two punts in 2014, which will only increase his impact on Sundays as a rookie.

Walter:
Eric Murray, CB, Minnesota
Height: 6-0. Weight: 194.
Projected 40 Time: 4.53.
Projected Round (2016): 3-4.
1/16/16: Murray notched an interception and a forced fumble against TCU, and was good in coverage against Josh Doctson. However, Murray also had some pass interference issues. Against Ohio State, he had an up-and-down performance. Murray totaled 66 tackles, seven passes broken up, an interception and forced fumble in 2015.

8/17/15: Murray is a sleeper cornerback who really stood out the past two seasons, particularly as a tough man corner. He is a gritty defender who is physical with receivers and maintains downfield coverage. In 2014, Murray had 69 tackles with seven passes broken up and an interception. He also blocked two kicks on special teams and was an All-Big Ten Second-Team selection by the coaches. As a sophomore, he recorded 10 passes broken up, 52 tackles and zero interceptions.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2016CB.php#4XvGO9QE8v7dq0ZI.99

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNUORpC5oPk[/youtube]

BODDY-CALHOUN

CBS:
Briean Boddy-Calhoun, CB, Minnesota
The Gophers have two of the top corners in the country with Eric Murray and Boddy-Calhoun (5-11, 188), a junior college transfer who was an all-conference selection by both league media (first team) and coaches (second team). He picked off five passes and broke up nine others using an innate ability to close on the ball in 2014. Boddy-Calhoun is also willing to throw his body into ball carriers to stop them in their tracks, making him an interesting nickel prospect (which is basically a starting position in the NFL nowadays).

Walter:
Briean Boddy-Calhoun, CB, Minnesota
Height: 5-11. Weight: 190.
Projected 40 Time: 4.56.
Projected Round (2016): 3-5.
1/16/16: Some rate Boddy-Calhoun ahead of teammate Eric Murray. Boddy-Calhoun recorded 48 tackles with six passes broken up and four interceptions in 2015. The season before, he had a strong total of 51 tackles, nine passes broken up and five interceptions. Teams seemed to throw at him more than they threw at Murray.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2016CB.php#4XvGO9QE8v7dq0ZI.99

One of my all time favorite plays. Going from "oh **** we lost" to "oh **** we won" in a matter of a couple of seconds.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0Agjf4CVjk[/youtube]
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#19 » by chuckleslove » Wed Feb 3, 2016 2:53 pm

Need to quote this before RS can edit it :P

Walter Football mocks Schobert to us in the 3rd round as of today.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Feb 3, 2016 2:56 pm

chuckleslove wrote:

Need to quote this before RS can edit it :P

Walter Football mocks Schobert to us in the 3rd round as of today.

Betting he climbs after the combine.

ETA: They also have him listed as an OLB, when he'll likely end up an ILB in a 3-4.

Return to Green Bay Packers