Post#41 » by humanrefutation » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:20 pm

TJ thinks he'll be fine.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TJLang70/status/653334042528608257[/tweet]
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 10,780

Re: Postgame: Rams at Packers 

Post#42 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:05 pm

I think there was also an issue with time of possession wearing down the d. Even with us eating clock at the end on running plays, the TOP was nearly 34 minutes for the rams. Add in a couple key injuries and an explosive start, I bet our guys were pretty drained come the fourth quarter.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,310

Post#43 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:30 pm

Bye week comes at a perfect time for us this year. If they opt for the cautious approach, Raji, Perry, Lang, and Adams can essentially have almost 3 weeks of rest before going to Denver.

Not that I would overlook the Chargers, but it'd be great to be at full strength coming out of the bye and heading into probably our toughest road game of the year.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,004

Post#44 » by rilamann » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:36 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Great win. The offense will get things figured out. I don't think enough people are giving credit to how great a defense the Rams have. The fact that we can win a game with our own defense while Rodgers played arguably his worst game in 6 years (turnover wise) can't be understated.

Maybe people just aren't used to the Rams being a good team but I agree,you have to give the Rams defense a lot of credit and not just say that the Packers' offense needs to make changes because they didn't light it up vs the Rams.

Maybe I will change my mind but as of right now I think the Rams are the 2nd best team in the NFC behind the Packers.The Rams have a very impressive defense and on offense they are not bad at all.Not to mention Jeff Fischer is one of the better coaches in the league.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,358

Post#45 » by emunney » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:34 am

I think the Cards and Pats are the only teams on the Packers level.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,712

Post#46 » by Ayt » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:47 am

El Duderino wrote:
Ayt wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:Offense needs to settle down. I think they fell in love with with drawing teams offside and catching them with 12 on the field. Get back to basics please.

We just lack players at WR and TE right now. Hopefully we get Adams back soon. We need a guy like him on the outside who can actually make some plays down the field.

Getting him back certainly will help, but he's not a Jordy type who is going to with one quick jab step will blow past corners down the field. Maybe i'm wrong based on last year being his rookie season, but he struck me more as a guy who can get you 15-20 yards on a well run play vs being an over the top deep threat which defenses always need to fear as Jordy was.

That said, his addition should also allow for running some 4 WR sets vs so many 3 WR sets with Rogers at TE because he is a plow horse compared to athletic tight ends around the league.

Adams isn't a burner (though he isn't slow either), but he's a great leaper with excellent body control who is used to playing on the outside. Our offense should look much better with two guys in Jones and Adams who are legitimate outside guys instead of having Cobb and a rook in Montgomery trying to help as much as they can. I thought Adams was poised for a breakout year after Jordy went down.

Rodgers actually commented on it after the game.

Asked about whether the offense needed somebody who could stretch the field, Rodgers said:

"I think we've got that guy, but he's been hurt the last couple weeks. The bye week will be nice to get some of those guys back, but Davante Adams, I think, is a Pro Bowl caliber player and without him and without Jordy (Nelson) we need to find some other ways to attack the outside stuff and still be effective inside.

"Their plan, I think, was to really key on Randall at times in the slot and then say that we'll make somebody else beat us. We were fortunate enough to have a couple big plays for scores, but we didn't sustain drives like we usually do."

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/331938061.html
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#47 » by BUCKnation » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:02 am

I watched some highlights of the NFCDG against the Cowboys in the past week and we definitely miss Adams. He was incredible in that game.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,091

Post#48 » by HKPackFan » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:36 am

I hope we can rest more guys this week and get by the chargers. Giving some of the newly injured guys a full 2 weeks to heal up. Man that bye can't come soon enough.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,712

Post#49 » by Ayt » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:11 pm

BUCKnation wrote:I watched some highlights of the NFCDG against the Cowboys in the past week and we definitely miss Adams. He was incredible in that game.

After Jordy got hurt, I thought Adams could have a huge breakout season and end up with like 1200+ yards (remember, that was before we got Jones). He's a very skilled player.

It wouldn't be surprising if he has a big second half of the season, though it may take a bit for him to get back into the flow the first few games.

Return to Green Bay Packers