Vikes Post Game 

Post#1 » by Mags FTW » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:41 am

Good game, team.

WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,274

Re: Vikes Post Game 

Post#2 » by WiscoKing13 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:48 am

Much needed win, couldn't go down 4 in a row.

Eddie Lacey! over 100 yards the first time this year and it was much needed. Rodgers looked better, but no where near where he was and some of it is accuracy and others are miscommunication with Receivers. Who's fault those are, the coaches and players will only know, but it needs to be cleaned up.

Nice to see Jones have a big game, really helped the offense out. According to the ESPN writer, Cobb is clearly having personal problems :). Janis, Janis, **** Janis, was responsible for the two longest plays in the game and hopefully they can get him on the field more often.

Defense was great once Hyde was out of the way. Pass rush came through in a big way and no real breakdown in overages. Also was put to the test in the 4th quarter and came up with sacks and a TO. Great outing.

ST-Kickers did great today and Janis who I already mention had a big day. Coverage units still need some work, can't have big returns in back to back games.

Summary: Offense took a step forward, but they've got miles to go to be up to the packers standard.
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
dedned
Analyst
And1: 1,341

Post#3 » by dedned » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:50 am

FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#4 » by FAH1223 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:18 am

Good W. Team showed heart despite the struggles.

Beat the Bears on Favre night (with Starr there, God willing) and get to 8-3. Hopefully we run more deep routes for Janis.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#5 » by FAH1223 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:20 am

Hundley and Tolzien :lol:
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#6 » by crkone » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:22 am

Just need to keep Hyde off the field.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,173

Post#7 » by raysbookclub » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:02 am

Hyde must be hurt (before leaving the game I mean). He can be fast on the field, outrunning people; if he's being beat consistently by TE's on crossing routes, maybe he's not able to go full speed play to play.

Datone Jones might be player of the game. Great game, lots of pressure on the QB.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,662

Post#8 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:03 am

Micah Hyde is officially the new Jarrett Bush.

Elite special teamer, but god awful when you actually ask him to cover someone.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#9 » by Mags FTW » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:09 am

Really hoping this is our year to "get hot" at the end and ride it to the title.
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,118

Post#10 » by LittleRooster » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:55 am

crkone wrote:Just need to keep Hyde off the field.
Allanon23
Senior
And1: 102

Post#11 » by Allanon23 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:57 am

Our offensive line looked much better with Tretter in there at Center.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#12 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:19 am

Welcome back James Jones.

Short week. Need to keep winning
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
JackSIKMA43
Bench Warmer
And1: 847

Post#13 » by JackSIKMA43 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:31 am

Yeah, that was much better. You could tell they wanted it more today, that was different from the last three games. The receivers need some work on the routes and Cobb would do well to not drop perfect passes. But, the thing I'd call a positive from the three losses ... I'd much rather the offense NOT peak in the early-mid season, and would prefer they peak later on, and into the post-season. Hopefully, that proves to be the case. Either way, Packers win, Bears lose, it's a golden day.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#14 » by El Duderino » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:37 am

WiscoKing13 wrote:Much needed win, couldn't go down 4 in a row.

Eddie Lacey! over 100 yards the first time this year and it was much needed. Rodgers looked better, but no where near where he was and some of it is accuracy and others are miscommunication with Receivers. Who's fault those are, the coaches and players will only know, but it needs to be cleaned up.

Nice to see Jones have a big game, really helped the offense out. According to the ESPN writer, Cobb is clearly having personal problems :). Janis, Janis, **** Janis, was responsible for the two longest plays in the game and hopefully they can get him on the field more often.

Defense was great once Hyde was out of the way. Pass rush came through in a big way and no real breakdown in overages. Also was put to the test in the 4th quarter and came up with sacks and a TO. Great outing.

ST-Kickers did great today and Janis who I already mention had a big day. Coverage units still need some work, can't have big returns in back to back games.

Summary: Offense took a step forward, but they've got miles to go to be up to the packers standard.

James Jones is having a weird season. He rarely ever is able to get open on a regular route because he has almost no speed left. Yet, he's easily been the best receiver on broken plays where Aaron breaks from the pocket and this allows him to get open for big plays. I'm trying to recall the last time he's caught a say 15 plus yards catch on a regular route and i can't remember one, but numerous times this year he's not only gotten open on a broken play, he'll also make a great catch on broken play downfield. So he's been both a liability given he can't get open on normal pass plays, but he's also made the most catches downfield via broken plays. After the last three weeks of him being completely invisible, i would have liked to see him replaced, but then today he was huge in the win.

As for the defense, i just can't figure this unit out, especially the pass rush. They've had multiple games like the one today where the pass rush is all over the quarterback, but the three weeks prior, the pass rush was non-existent and thus a factor in each losses. The odd thing is the quality offensive line they face doesn't seem to be a factor. A line can be solid and our pass rush will still be great, but then the next week face a bad line and it stones our pass rush. :dontknow:

Props to Crosby, Lacey, and Datone Jones. All three were great. Can't forget Tretter either. I didn't watch him closely, but after he came in at center, i don't recall him doing anything which clearly stuck out as a negative. With the struggles Linsley has had this year, if hypothetically Tretter has to play next week and does well, would the coaching staff hand him the starting job going forward?
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,633

Post#15 » by LikeABosh » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:36 am

El Duderino wrote: The odd thing is the quality offensive line they face doesn't seem to be a factor. A line can be solid and our pass rush will still be great, but then the next week face a bad line and it stones our pass rush. :dontknow:

I noticed this too and I don't understand it. Detroit and San Diego were 2 of the worst O-lines we've faced and the pass rush looked terrible against them (even at home)
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,278

Post#16 » by HKPackFan » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:52 am

That was a victory warm up to start the second half of the season.

#FreeChuckDiesel
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#17 » by thomchatt3rton » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:58 am

El Duderino wrote: Can't forget Tretter either. I didn't watch him closely, but after he came in at center, i don't recall him doing anything which clearly stuck out as a negative. With the struggles Linsley has had this year, if hypothetically Tretter has to play next week and does well, would the coaching staff hand him the starting job going forward?

I thought he was a pretty clear upgrade to the Linsley we've seen lately, without a doubt.

Normally, I'd say a guy isn't going to lose his job because he got hurt-- that's the standard operating procedure-- but if Rodgers wanted Tretter, I guess they'd be inclined to give him the C he wants possibly.
I assume Linsley can play different O-line spots the same as Tretter can, right? Because if not, that'd be a consideration I guess.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,725

Post#18 » by emunney » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:02 am

thomchatt3rton wrote:
El Duderino wrote: Can't forget Tretter either. I didn't watch him closely, but after he came in at center, i don't recall him doing anything which clearly stuck out as a negative. With the struggles Linsley has had this year, if hypothetically Tretter has to play next week and does well, would the coaching staff hand him the starting job going forward?

I thought he was a pretty clear upgrade to the Linsley we've seen lately, without a doubt.

Normally, I'd say a guy isn't going to lose his job because he got hurt-- that's the standard operating procedure-- but if Rodgers wanted Tretter, I guess they'd be inclined to give him the C he wants possibly.
I assume Linsley can play different O-line spots the same as Tretter can, right? Because if not, that'd be a consideration I guess.

Let's not forget how Linsley got the job to begin with.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#19 » by bizarro » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:08 am

emunney wrote:
thomchatt3rton wrote:

Let's not forget how Linsley got the job to begin with.

Definitely. Lindsey has repeatedly given up the pocket in run plays and he did so today as well. I don't think they think twice at giving Tretter a shot here in the next week or two and make a decision from there. I hope we have an easy decision one way or the other.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,278

Post#20 » by HKPackFan » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:08 am

El Duderino wrote:James Jones is having a weird season. He rarely ever is able to get open on a regular route because he has almost no speed left. Yet, he's easily been the best receiver on broken plays where Aaron breaks from the pocket and this allows him to get open for big plays. I'm trying to recall the last time he's caught a say 15 plus yards catch on a regular route and i can't remember one, but numerous times this year he's not only gotten open on a broken play, he'll also make a great catch on broken play downfield. So he's been both a liability given he can't get open on normal pass plays, but he's also made the most catches downfield via broken plays. After the last three weeks of him being completely invisible, i would have liked to see him replaced, but then today he was huge in the win.

As for the defense, i just can't figure this unit out, especially the pass rush. They've had multiple games like the one today where the pass rush is all over the quarterback, but the three weeks prior, the pass rush was non-existent and thus a factor in each losses. The odd thing is the quality offensive line they face doesn't seem to be a factor. A line can be solid and our pass rush will still be great, but then the next week face a bad line and it stones our pass rush. :dontknow:

Props to Crosby, Lacey, and Datone Jones. All three were great. Can't forget Tretter either. I didn't watch him closely, but after he came in at center, i don't recall him doing anything which clearly stuck out as a negative. With the struggles Linsley has had this year, if hypothetically Tretter has to play next week and does well, would the coaching staff hand him the starting job going forward?

I get the temptation to sit James Jones, but he is such a needed security blanket for Rodgers. In our 3 game skid it seemed whenever we needed a big play it bounced off of Adams or Cobb's hands. Like mentioned James has been the guy when it all breaks down Rodgers has the trust to sometimes just throw it up and JJ comes through. That's too valuable IMO to sit him. Especially the rest of the season more and more clutch plays are going to be needed. I'd rather have the veteran who we know can make the crazy catch and go up and get it on a critical 3rd or 4th down then watch it bounce off of Adams hands.

I'm a big Adams fan, I'm not knocking him, but it's been a disappointing year so far, and I think we have some tough close games coming up, give me ole james jones and grabbing those 50/50 balls away from a defender. Agree on a down for down basis he is struggling to get open but it's going to come down to 1 or 2 big plays in some of these upcoming games and just have more faith in JJ and I think Rodgers clearly does too.

Tretter was productive, that was impressive. He wasn't perfect he had his share of mistakes, but the entire Oline has been subpar this year so it's not like he was trying to replace perfection. Linsley has had a crap sophmore year so Tretter seemed part of a unit that started producing. When Lacy had room to run, Tretter was part of that unit. Lacy had some decent blocks and was able to step through the LOS with an actual hole, then the Lacy of old showed up where he could break a tackle or put on a spin move. Wow, seems like forever since we saw it.

lacy was not 100% but even 80% lacy was extremely positive. Short yard game is still unexcusable to be that bad, and the Oline needs to take some blame. When the back has the ball and is surrounded it's ridiculous. Also, they need to get the back north and south faster on those short yardage plays. PLEASE don't send lacy lateral, that has NEVER been his game.

FINALLY, can we stop dumping off to Dick Rodgers? He must lead the league in catches for ZERO yards. He has at least 1-2 each game during the losing skid and he had another today. Cripes I'd rather you dump off to Kuhn or RIP, they are not fast but at least might break a tackle or move a pile for 2 yards unlike Dick. I'm really frustrated with Dick.

Please oh please no more Micah Hyde on defense.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Green Bay Packers