Super Bowl 50 - Game Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

zmanishere11
Sixth Man
And1: 242

Re: Super Bowl 50 - Game Thread 

Post#141 » by zmanishere11 » Mon Feb 8, 2016 3:07 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Denver will tag Miller

That's what I'm saying - I think this is the year one of those tagged guys gets a massive deal that's not matched, and a team gives up 2 1's. I'm saying Oakland.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,958

Post#142 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Feb 8, 2016 3:37 pm

Forget about Miller. Malik Jackson is the guy the Packers should be looking at.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,557

Post#143 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Feb 8, 2016 3:41 pm

PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:I thought it was a pretty forgettable Super Bowl, all around. I'll remember Peyton going out on top, but that's about it.

And that's exactly what the national sports media will want you to remember, even though Peyton had one of the worst performances ever by a Super Bowl winning QB.

:D
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,168
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#144 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Feb 8, 2016 3:50 pm

zmanishere11 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Denver will tag Miller

That's what I'm saying - I think this is the year one of those tagged guys gets a massive deal that's not matched, and a team gives up 2 1's. I'm saying Oakland.

Does Von qualify for the exlusive or non-exclusive offer? That will be the difference. I am trying to fully understand this. Does Denver get the exclusive tag if they want it? Meaning, if they're willing to pay more money, they will get the exclusive tag? If non-exclusive, then this opens up your theory.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,557

Post#145 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Feb 8, 2016 4:05 pm

I guess I missed it, but apparently the first guy that Manning sought out for a handshake/hug/kiss-on-the-cheek was.....Papa John. Not his wife, not his kids, Papa John.

:lol:

Good lord, between that and the beyond-cheesy-as **** Budweiser plug, what a tool. I at least thought the Budweiser thing was just a lame attempt by him to try and be funny and deflect away from the obvious retirement announcement.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,226

Post#146 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Feb 8, 2016 4:47 pm

Bud says they didn't pay him but you can expect many Bud commercials featuring Payton once he retires (I don't believe active players can endorse alcohol products, at least that's how it used to be and why all of the Miller Lite Allstars were retired guys).

ETA: Manning has an ownership stake in a Bud distributorship
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Post#147 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Mon Feb 8, 2016 6:05 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:I thought it was a pretty forgettable Super Bowl, all around. I'll remember Peyton going out on top, but that's about it.

And that's exactly what the national sports media will want you to remember, even though Peyton had one of the worst performances ever by a Super Bowl winning QB.

:D

I meant going out on top as in retiring after a super bowl win. Peyton has been average for years now. I don't think anyone is going to "remember" this super bowl as one where he carried the team on his back. If he had, it would probably end up being a little more memorable.
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#148 » by El Duderino » Mon Feb 8, 2016 8:43 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Forget about Miller. Malik Jackson is the guy the Packers should be looking at.

Not gonna happen. That's not how Ted rolls.
James1980
Veteran
And1: 380

Post#149 » by James1980 » Mon Feb 8, 2016 9:01 pm

First challenge-the ball was moving so not a catch, correct?
NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:I overlook foolishness.
James1980
Veteran
And1: 380

Post#150 » by James1980 » Mon Feb 8, 2016 9:03 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Forget about Miller. Malik Jackson is the guy the Packers should be looking at.

I wouldn't mind Trevathan.
NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:I overlook foolishness.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,168
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#151 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Feb 8, 2016 9:14 pm

James1980 wrote:First challenge-the ball was moving so not a catch, correct?

I think the call "stood" because it was originally called incomplete and one could say that you could not conclusively deny that the tip of the ball touched the ground and then moved after that.

Looked pretty damn clear to me that the tip of the ball didn't hit the ground, but the refs couldn't conclusively say that.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Re: RE: Re: Super Bowl 50 - Game Thread 

Post#152 » by emunney » Mon Feb 8, 2016 11:47 pm

El Duderino wrote:
vegaspacker wrote:I think this was a bit of a sham.

The refs really influenced the game early on...

Cotchery's catch / no catch was an awful call.

The offside call on the early field goal attempt was unnoticed and botched.

Pass interference... on Denver was blatantly obvious on the reception attempt by Ted JR..

Even the later fumble by Cam might have been considered an incomplete pass if... say he was Brady or one of the Manning boys.

This Superb Owl almost ranks with one the worst debacles since... Steelers vs Seahawks imho...

On an aside, I think this game eclipsed political levels like none before... Papa John's, Jeb Bush etc... I see that some might see this as a tough connect.

"Get Nation Wide, drink Budweiser, go to Papa John's and vote... Re-Pub-li-Can!!!

1.--I initially thought the Cotchery play was a bad call, but a still photo showed the tip of the ball hit the ground and after that the ball bounced up a bit.

2.-- They missed the offsides call on the Carolina field goal attempt, but it didn't force the kicker to shank the kick. Plus, the game wasn't decided by three points or less.

3. The later fumble by Cam wouldn't have been considered an incomplete pass for the Manning, Brady, or any QB. It was a blatant fumble. In fact, it was nearly identical to the fumble called on Manning earlier in the game. Both plays were obvious fumbles.

Carolina simply had no answer for the Denver defense and also had a couple of killer turnovers. That defense also dominated the Packers and battered Brady in the AFC Title game.

I do agree though that Manning shilling for products he sponsors right after the game in his interview and never mentioning his defense specifically was pretty lame.

The Manning Budweiser thing was downright chilling.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Buckrageous
Starter
And1: 665

Post#153 » by Buckrageous » Tue Feb 9, 2016 8:53 pm

Mags FTW wrote:Cam being a pouty baby in the post-game presser.

Too bad there is no bandaid for hurt feelings.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,370

Post#154 » by trwi7 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:27 pm

How is the turf this bad? This looks more like a glitch in Madden than a play in an actual game.

stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,220

Post#155 » by HKPackFan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:51 am

Defense still win championships. Two very good defenses made it the the Superbowl and the best defense won.

I'm so jealous of all the good ILB play I saw on Sunday.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Green Bay Packers