ImageImage

What's up with Aaron?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

User avatar
DelaneyRudd
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
Posts: 98,756
And1: 7,941
Joined: Nov 17, 2006
Location: Los Angeles
         

Re: What's up with Aaron? 

Post#101 » by DelaneyRudd » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:56 am

So, is Munn a Scientologist or something?
User avatar
trwi7
RealGM
Posts: 97,394
And1: 10,904
Joined: Jul 12, 2006
Location: Aussie bias
         

Re: What's up with Aaron? 

Post#102 » by trwi7 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:26 am

DelaneyRudd wrote:So, is Munn a Scientologist or something?


Even worse. An Oklahoman.
stellation wrote:"What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."
User avatar
humanrefutation
RealGM
Posts: 17,333
And1: 2,697
Joined: Jun 05, 2006
       

Re: RE: Re: What's up with Aaron? 

Post#103 » by humanrefutation » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:32 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Okay guys. I'm sure when Rodgers is out there in the middle of a play, going through his reads, his thoughts are really on what his folks are up to at that moment.


That's not how it works and not what anyone means, and your characterization of it as such really shows how disconnected of a thought this is for you.


Okay.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know how depression works? Or in general, do you acknowledge the concept of mental health?
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 64,809
And1: 7,168
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
       

Re: RE: Re: What's up with Aaron? 

Post#104 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:23 am

humanrefutation wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:
That's not how it works and not what anyone means, and your characterization of it as such really shows how disconnected of a thought this is for you.


Okay.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know how depression works? Or in general, do you acknowledge the concept of mental health?


I'm on four medications, all brain related, one being for depression.
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 64,809
And1: 7,168
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
       

Re: What's up with Aaron? 

Post#105 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:28 am

Guys, my larger point that is amazingly overlooked is that Rodgers has been awesome. The people who actually look into this stuff back it up. He's the same QB he's always been, it's his surrounding cast over the last two years that's completely fallen apart.

Richard Rogers ran a 4.87 40, and 90% of his snaps are at WR.

Like I said a few posts ago, he's being dicked over by one of the worst collective group of targets in league. It's remarkable that he's putting up the incredible numbers that he does.

But yea, sure, blame Olivia Munn.
User avatar
humanrefutation
RealGM
Posts: 17,333
And1: 2,697
Joined: Jun 05, 2006
       

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: What's up with Aaron? 

Post#106 » by humanrefutation » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:30 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Okay.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know how depression works? Or in general, do you acknowledge the concept of mental health?


I'm on four medications, all brain related, one being for depression.

Alright. Well, I'm not quite sure then why it's hard for you to understand how struggling mentally with stressful situations in your life can subconsciously bleed into other life activities. Your ability to focus, notion of security, and self-confidence can all be impacted by undue stress, anxiety, and depression.

Of course, we're just positing a theory, but the circumstantial evidence makes it a compelling one to me. It's not just the receivers. It's not just the play-calling. It's Rodgers, too.
User avatar
th87
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,331
And1: 958
Joined: Dec 04, 2005
   

Re: What's up with Aaron? 

Post#107 » by th87 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:33 am

Family issues can affect focus during the preparation phases of the game, which could in turn lead to split-second slower/slightly poorer decision-making. How is this some crazy concept?
User avatar
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 48,496
And1: 4,588
Joined: May 02, 2002
Location: The Craps Table
     

Re: What's up with Aaron? 

Post#108 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:29 pm

He's not making throws he used to make. He's missing wide open guys. Not hitting guys in stride. Throwing at their feet. I don't see how anyone can say he's the same player he was 2+ years ago.
My friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana, I said "No, but I want a regular banana later, so, yeah."
User avatar
Aaron It Out
Head Coach
Posts: 7,325
And1: 1,619
Joined: Jun 27, 2008
Location: Black Mercedes
     

Re: What's up with Aaron? 

Post#109 » by Aaron It Out » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:37 pm

Leave Aaron alone guys!
EastSideBucksFan wrote:At some point this board is going to have to drop their stupid bullsht agendas and just enjoy the team for once.
jazzfanWA
Rookie
Posts: 1,024
And1: 244
Joined: Oct 28, 2013

Re: What's up with Aaron? 

Post#110 » by jazzfanWA » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:45 pm

I feel like I have accidentally logged on to Dr. Phil's homepage.
User avatar
LikeABosh
RealGM
Posts: 12,344
And1: 1,951
Joined: Jun 15, 2011
   

Re: What's up with Aaron? 

Post#111 » by LikeABosh » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:51 pm

He's on pace for 4,288 yards/39 TD/12 Int/93.9 Qb rating

He does seem off a bit, but I think we can cool it with the silly "he's the Derrick Rose of the NFL" remarks.
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 64,809
And1: 7,168
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
       

Re: What's up with Aaron? 

Post#112 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:20 pm

LikeABosh wrote:He's on pace for 4,288 yards/39 TD/12 Int/93.9 Qb rating

He does seem off a bit, but I think we can cool it with the silly "he's the Derrick Rose of the NFL" remarks.


And like I said, he's on pace to lose more yards to receiver error than any other QB for the second consecutive season.

This is such a dumb discussion.
User avatar
thomchatt3rton
Veteran
Posts: 2,751
And1: 366
Joined: Jun 11, 2009
 

Re: What's up with Aaron? 

Post#113 » by thomchatt3rton » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:26 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Guys, my larger point that is amazingly overlooked is that Rodgers has been awesome. The people who actually look into this stuff back it up. He's the same QB he's always been, it's his surrounding cast over the last two years that's completely fallen apart.

Richard Rogers ran a 4.87 40, and 90% of his snaps are at WR.

Like I said a few posts ago, he's being dicked over by one of the worst collective group of targets in league. It's remarkable that he's putting up the incredible numbers that he does.

But yea, sure, blame Olivia Munn.


It seems like you've shifted your position from "people's personal lives don't affect their professional lives" to "Rodgers isn't actually playing badly", probably because you found your original position to be indefensible.

But, I actually agree with you if this is your take. I think it's complicated though. My argument, going back to 2015, is that the WR corps (when you include the total lack of TE, which of course you must) has undermined MM's scheme, and that has in turn undermined Rodgers' confidence, rhythm, accuracy etc etc.

People argue that we have enough talent in our WR corps- but if you go back to last year, and you look at the overall combined injuries (not just Jordy, but guys like Adams, Ty, Cobb, Cook etc all coming in and out and missing games), youth/inexperience and aggregate talent including TE, I think you have a below-average group to run MM's offense- esp when you consider the nature of the offense and how it requires time and consistent ingame reps for players to get in-sync.
I thought the Bucks should have drafted Denzel Valentine in the 10th spot.
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 64,809
And1: 7,168
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
       

Re: What's up with Aaron? 

Post#114 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:29 pm

thomchatt3rton wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Guys, my larger point that is amazingly overlooked is that Rodgers has been awesome. The people who actually look into this stuff back it up. He's the same QB he's always been, it's his surrounding cast over the last two years that's completely fallen apart.

Richard Rogers ran a 4.87 40, and 90% of his snaps are at WR.

Like I said a few posts ago, he's being dicked over by one of the worst collective group of targets in league. It's remarkable that he's putting up the incredible numbers that he does.

But yea, sure, blame Olivia Munn.


It seems like you've shifted your position from "people's personal lives don't affect their professional lives" to "Rodgers isn't actually playing badly", probably because you found your original position to be indefensible.

But, I actually agree with you if this is your take. I think it's complicated though. My argument, going back to 2015, is that the WR corps (when you include the total lack of TE, which of course you must) has undermined MM's scheme, and that has in turn undermined Rodgers' confidence, rhythm, accuracy etc etc.

People argue that we have enough talent in our WR corps- but if you go back to last year, and you look at the overall combined injuries (not just Jordy, but guys like Adams, Ty, Cobb, Cook etc all coming in and out and missing games), youth/inexperience and aggregate talent including TE, I think you have a below-average group to run MM's offense- esp when you consider the nature of the offense and how it requires time and consistent ingame reps for players to get in-sync.


I haven't shifted anything. Rodgers isn't playing badly, but the Packers have a crappy record armchair psychologists want to blame the Packers record and the WRs lack of speed and McCarthy's 2010 offense on Oliva Munn, and it's asinine.
User avatar
thomchatt3rton
Veteran
Posts: 2,751
And1: 366
Joined: Jun 11, 2009
 

Re: What's up with Aaron? 

Post#115 » by thomchatt3rton » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:38 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
thomchatt3rton wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Guys, my larger point that is amazingly overlooked is that Rodgers has been awesome. The people who actually look into this stuff back it up. He's the same QB he's always been, it's his surrounding cast over the last two years that's completely fallen apart.

Richard Rogers ran a 4.87 40, and 90% of his snaps are at WR.

Like I said a few posts ago, he's being dicked over by one of the worst collective group of targets in league. It's remarkable that he's putting up the incredible numbers that he does.

But yea, sure, blame Olivia Munn.


It seems like you've shifted your position from "people's personal lives don't affect their professional lives" to "Rodgers isn't actually playing badly", probably because you found your original position to be indefensible.

But, I actually agree with you if this is your take. I think it's complicated though. My argument, going back to 2015, is that the WR corps (when you include the total lack of TE, which of course you must) has undermined MM's scheme, and that has in turn undermined Rodgers' confidence, rhythm, accuracy etc etc.

People argue that we have enough talent in our WR corps- but if you go back to last year, and you look at the overall combined injuries (not just Jordy, but guys like Adams, Ty, Cobb, Cook etc all coming in and out and missing games), youth/inexperience and aggregate talent including TE, I think you have a below-average group to run MM's offense- esp when you consider the nature of the offense and how it requires time and consistent ingame reps for players to get in-sync.


I haven't shifted anything. Rodgers isn't playing badly, but the Packers have a crappy record armchair psychologists want to blame the Packers record and the WRs lack of speed and McCarthy's 2010 offense on Oliva Munn, and it's asinine.


This is your initial argument:


The idea that Rodgers is playing different because he's not speaking to Dad is **** absurd.


Okay guys. I'm sure when Rodgers is out there in the middle of a play, going through his reads, his thoughts are really on what his folks are up to at that moment.



Your argument later shifts to:

You guys know he's having a really good year, right?


But you didn't shift your argument? Hmm...

If your initial argument actually was that "Rodgers isn't playing poorly so therefore I don't buy that family issues are what's affecting him" you should have said that, you know, initially. You could have saved yourself from having to participate in such an asinine conversation!

But you did not say that initially, despite having several opportunities to do so. The reason you didn't say it initially is because it was not your original argument (if it was, you very cleverly disguised it so that nobody could tell. But that's on you).

You argue in bad faith, my friend. This is all very disingenuous.
I thought the Bucks should have drafted Denzel Valentine in the 10th spot.
User avatar
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
Posts: 50,047
And1: 7,211
Joined: Oct 27, 2002
     

Re: What's up with Aaron? 

Post#116 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:44 pm

1) The supporting cast has gone steadily downhill since 2010.

2) And Aaron also has Yoko Ono screwing with him.

3) And Aaron turns 33, a time when many pro athletes start noticeable declines.

Things don't have to be mutually exclusive here. I think all three are at play in this situation.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
User avatar
thomchatt3rton
Veteran
Posts: 2,751
And1: 366
Joined: Jun 11, 2009
 

Re: What's up with Aaron? 

Post#117 » by thomchatt3rton » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:34 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:1) The supporting cast has gone steadily downhill since 2010.

2) And Aaron also has Yoko Ono screwing with him.

3) And Aaron turns 33, a time when many pro athletes start noticeable declines.

Things don't have to be mutually exclusive here. I think all three are at play in this situation.


This aspect of the problem has been underrated. It's something I worried about every year, but every year Rodgers made me look foolish for worrying.

Until last season.
I thought the Bucks should have drafted Denzel Valentine in the 10th spot.
User avatar
HKPackFan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,869
And1: 2,399
Joined: Jan 14, 2014
Location: Hong Kong
   

Re: What's up with Aaron? 

Post#118 » by HKPackFan » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:04 am

paulpressey25 wrote:1) The supporting cast has gone steadily downhill since 2010.

2) And Aaron also has Yoko Ono screwing with him.

3) And Aaron turns 33, a time when many pro athletes start noticeable declines.

Things don't have to be mutually exclusive here. I think all three are at play in this situation.


4) Stale and predictable offense.

5) (Possibly losing faith in MM, the system, and his WRs, so losing trust in the play causes him to miss guys and overlook receivers, make mistakes we don't normally see.)

Defenses have figured out McCarthy and I don't think he adjusts well. This offense hasn't been humming in 1.5 seasons (except for brief stretches when it's down by 20+ pts).

I think these are all issues, and it's not just 1 issue.
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 64,809
And1: 7,168
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
       

Re: What's up with Aaron? 

Post#119 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:31 pm

thomchatt3rton wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
thomchatt3rton wrote:
It seems like you've shifted your position from "people's personal lives don't affect their professional lives" to "Rodgers isn't actually playing badly", probably because you found your original position to be indefensible.

But, I actually agree with you if this is your take. I think it's complicated though. My argument, going back to 2015, is that the WR corps (when you include the total lack of TE, which of course you must) has undermined MM's scheme, and that has in turn undermined Rodgers' confidence, rhythm, accuracy etc etc.

People argue that we have enough talent in our WR corps- but if you go back to last year, and you look at the overall combined injuries (not just Jordy, but guys like Adams, Ty, Cobb, Cook etc all coming in and out and missing games), youth/inexperience and aggregate talent including TE, I think you have a below-average group to run MM's offense- esp when you consider the nature of the offense and how it requires time and consistent ingame reps for players to get in-sync.


I haven't shifted anything. Rodgers isn't playing badly, but the Packers have a crappy record armchair psychologists want to blame the Packers record and the WRs lack of speed and McCarthy's 2010 offense on Oliva Munn, and it's asinine.


This is your initial argument:


The idea that Rodgers is playing different because he's not speaking to Dad is **** absurd.


Okay guys. I'm sure when Rodgers is out there in the middle of a play, going through his reads, his thoughts are really on what his folks are up to at that moment.



Your argument later shifts to:

You guys know he's having a really good year, right?


But you didn't shift your argument? Hmm...

If your initial argument actually was that "Rodgers isn't playing poorly so therefore I don't buy that family issues are what's affecting him" you should have said that, you know, initially. You could have saved yourself from having to participate in such an asinine conversation!

But you did not say that initially, despite having several opportunities to do so. The reason you didn't say it initially is because it was not your original argument (if it was, you very cleverly disguised it so that nobody could tell. But that's on you).

You argue in bad faith, my friend. This is all very disingenuous.


Yea, I didn't shift anything.
User avatar
LUKE23
RealGM
Posts: 69,786
And1: 3,506
Joined: May 26, 2005
Location: Stunville
       

Re: What's up with Aaron? 

Post#120 » by LUKE23 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:36 pm

Rodgers has been fine. 25 TD/7 INT, 63% completion. Y/A is way down but I put that more on scheme/lack of deep threat. Given the OL injuries and the pressure he's facing, he's played really well lately. He isn't the issue. MM/scheme, lack of true elite #1 downfield threat are bigger issues on O. Also need a RB. OL is fine and actually pretty deep when healthy.
PER 36:
Giannis: 23.6 points, 8.7 rebounds, 5.5 assists, 1.7 steals, 2.0 blocks, 3.0 TO, .610 TS, .280 USG, 26.6 PER
Middleton: 19.1 points, 4.9 rebounds, 5.9 assists, 1.8 steals, .3 blocks, 2.7 TO, .597 TS, .234 USG, 18.8 PER

Return to Green Bay Packers