ImageImage

Round 1 - Kenny Clark - DT

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,489

Re: Round 1 - Kenny Clark - DT 

Post#121 » by Profound23 » Tue Jan 3, 2017 3:18 am

So his rookie regular season in the books, what do we think?
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,157

Re: RE: Re: Round 1 - Kenny Clark - DT 

Post#122 » by RRyder823 » Tue Jan 3, 2017 3:54 am

Profound23 wrote:So his rookie regular season in the books, what do we think?

I loved what I saw.

Most will say he was just "meh" because he didn't make a lot of splash plays but he came in and pretty consistently held the point of attack and managed to push the pocket back a few times. And at his age to come in and be a real contributor on the Dline, a place where it generally takes a few years seasoning to be effective, I'm pretty content with the pick.

All in all the draft as a whole was what we all thought. It wasn't a sexy draft in terms of immediate impact but rather one done with the future entirely in mind and I'm pretty confident we found at least 3 better then average to good future starters in Clark, Spriggs and Martinez. Lowery looked good at times also. Fackrell had his moments but fell off. Davis looked intriguing untill he got put in the dog house.

Really a pretty good draft overall and one that looks really good going forward to me just not one where we saw a bunch of immediate production

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using RealGM mobile app
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Re: RE: Re: Round 1 - Kenny Clark - DT 

Post#123 » by El Duderino » Tue Jan 3, 2017 4:21 am

RRyder823 wrote:
Profound23 wrote:So his rookie regular season in the books, what do we think?

I loved what I saw.

Most will say he was just "meh" because he didn't make a lot of splash plays but he came in and pretty consistently held the point of attack and managed to push the pocket back a few times. And at his age to come in and be a real contributor on the Dline, a place where it generally takes a few years seasoning to be effective, I'm pretty content with the pick.

All in all the draft as a whole was what we all thought. It wasn't a sexy draft in terms of immediate impact but rather one done with the future entirely in mind and I'm pretty confident we found at least 3 better then average to good future starters in Clark, Spriggs and Martinez. Lowery looked good at times also. Fackrell had his moments but fell off. Davis looked intriguing untill he got put in the dog house.

Really a pretty good draft overall and one that looks really good going forward to me just not one where we saw a bunch of immediate production

I'm skeptical of Martinez.becoming an above average ILB. So long as Spriggs can put on and hold more weight, i like his future.

The negative i see is lack of playmaking skills among the picks, but Allison as an undrafted guy could end up being better than most of the guys who were drafted. He looks like he'll be able to allow Ted to waive Cobb or at least force a restructure.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,226

Post#124 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Jan 3, 2017 4:34 am

Clark plays a position where you don't rack up a lot of stats. He seemed to hold his own and should keep getting better.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,308

Post#125 » by Mags FTW » Tue Jan 3, 2017 4:40 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Clark plays a position where you don't rack up a lot of stats. He seemed to hold his own and should keep getting better.

Yup. He just turned 21 in October. Should still be a junior in college, and he's playing a big boy position in the NFL.

Return to Green Bay Packers