ImageImage

Colts Lead Up

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Re: Colts Lead Up 

Post#21 » by thomchatt3rton » Wed Nov 2, 2016 6:58 pm

Its possible McGinn thinks that the lack of public criticism has, in part, led to Rodgers poor play- he could believe being "above criticism" and praised for so long has enabled Rodgers in neglecting QB fundamentals, throwing mechanics etc.
Mcginn harps on these fundamentals enough to suggest this might be what hes thinking.

I dont know if thats sensible or not.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#22 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Nov 2, 2016 9:04 pm

McGinn does a lot of good work especially with his positional breakdowns. But with that said he can come across as a crotchety prick at times. I get the feeling he doesnt like TT because of his lack of communication with the media and it wouldnt surprise me if he has the same issue with rodgers.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,913

Post#23 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Nov 3, 2016 8:28 pm

Running back James Starks and tight end Jared Cook made their return to practice Thursday, taking part in some individual drills at the start of the workout.

While their return signals they are making progress toward a return, it's unlikely it would happen this week against Indianapolis.

Starks, who underwent minor knee surgery on Oct. 16, and Cook, out since Week 3 with a high-ankle sprain, left practice before the team went into 11-on-11 drills. Their appearance was probably just another step in their rehab, allowing the training staff to see how they reacted to football work.

Cook did a blocking drill and didn't seem to have any problems before exiting. Starks did a couple of running back drills but nothing to test his burst or put excessive stress on his knee before he left.

Coach Mike McCarthy had said that guard T.J. Lang (hip) was not going to practice at all today, but Lang must have convinced him he was OK because he was in pads and taking part in drills early in practice.

Linebacker Clay Matthews (hamstring) looked to be ready to take part in 11-on-11 drills. He took some snaps during the walk-through and did all of the individual drills before the media was kicked out of practice.

Also, working extensively was WR/RB Ty Montgomery (illness). He didn't appear to be slowed at all and worked with the running backs in all their individual drills.

Assuming he's cleared to play, Montgomery will probably be the lead running back Sunday with Don Jackson and fullback Aaron Ripkowski also seeing action in the backfield.

Cornerback Quinten Rollins (groin) did some work in the walk-through and individual drills, but didn't appear to be doing much more than on Wednesday. Cornerback Demetri Goodson (concussion) was not present.

Cornerback Damarious Randall (groin) and center JC Tretter (knee) did not participate.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#24 » by LUKE23 » Fri Nov 4, 2016 5:18 pm

Number of injuries is crazy. Any update on Cobb?
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,893

Post#25 » by BUCKnation » Fri Nov 4, 2016 6:50 pm

Sounds like a game time decision
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,130

Post#26 » by HKPackFan » Sat Nov 5, 2016 8:56 am

I take it Corey has been looking ok, with tretter now out.
#FreeChuckDiesel
JackSIKMA43
Bench Warmer
And1: 847

Post#27 » by JackSIKMA43 » Sat Nov 5, 2016 2:54 pm

If anyone else is staying in Green Bay this weekend, I'll be at either Green Bay Distillery or the D2 bar (inside Midway Motor Lodge) to watch the Bucks game tonight. Send me a PM, if you like. Go Bucks, Go Pack Go. F off, Chicago, I'm heading north. Had enough of Cubs nonsense, as it is.

:roll:
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,082

Post#28 » by rilamann » Sun Nov 6, 2016 2:43 pm

McGinn does great work,but I can see how his writing would piss off the homers.

As for today's game it makes me nervous because the Packers margin for error is very small.The Packers are probably one loss in a game like this (beatable team at home) from not making the playoff this season.

These next 4 games will tell us all we need to know if the Packers are a playoff team or not.2 must wins vs the the Titans and Colts,1 you should win vs the Redskins and 1 tough one in Philly vs the Eagles.Anything less than 3-1 in this stretch would be uncivilized if you call yourself a playoff team.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
BigDee
RealGM
And1: 1,349

Post#29 » by BigDee » Sun Nov 6, 2016 3:08 pm

Read on Twitter
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,396

Post#30 » by Profound23 » Sun Nov 6, 2016 3:49 pm

Bell is similar to Knile Davis, just we keep our draft pick.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach

Post#31 » by thomchatt3rton » Sun Nov 6, 2016 5:42 pm

rilamann wrote:McGinn does great work,but I can see how his writing would piss off the homers.

As for today's game it makes me nervous because the Packers margin for error is very small. The Packers are probably one loss in a game like this (beatable team at home) from not making the playoff this season.

These next 4 games will tell us all we need to know if the Packers are a playoff team or not.2 must wins vs the the Titans and Colts,1 you should win vs the Redskins and 1 tough one in Philly vs the Eagles.Anything less than 3-1 in this stretch would be uncivilized if you call yourself a playoff team.

Playing against Luck ought to make every Packer fan nervous. I don't care how bad their O-line is- we're plenty capable of getting carved up by a good QB with a bad O-line (see, SD last season).

Actually, Clay could be the difference in this one. If he doesn't play, I don't see us getting enough pressure on Luck in time. Pass-rush could look a lot like last week vs ATL- close, but no cigar. (Actually, a healthy Clay plays last week, we probably would've beat ATL).

Obviously you don't want to lose, but I disagree that a loss today buries GB in the playoff picture.

I get that you're looking at it differently (a team who can't beat IND today isn't playoff caliber) but even with a loss today, the division remains in reach (provided MIN remains more or less the beatable team they have been the last 2 weeks- they've got some tough games coming up). And we've got a couple games against likely wildcard competitors in WAS and PHI.

I think this GB team will put it together and get healthy enough in time to be in the playoffs and dangerous. But, I'm an optimist.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach

Post#32 » by thomchatt3rton » Sun Nov 6, 2016 5:44 pm

Profound23 wrote:Bell is similar to Knile Davis, just we keep our draft pick.

I guess I haven't seen him play in a while- is he really that bad? He's got to be an upgrade from Davis. There are just so few guys who aren't.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,082

Post#33 » by rilamann » Sun Nov 6, 2016 7:32 pm

thomchatt3rton wrote:
rilamann wrote:McGinn does great work,but I can see how his writing would piss off the homers.

As for today's game it makes me nervous because the Packers margin for error is very small. The Packers are probably one loss in a game like this (beatable team at home) from not making the playoff this season.

Playing against Luck ought to make every Packer fan nervous. I don't care how bad their O-line is- we're plenty capable of getting carved up by a good QB with a bad O-line (see, SD last season).

Actually, Clay could be the difference in this one. If he doesn't play, I don't see us getting enough pressure on Luck in time. Pass-rush could look a lot like last week vs ATL- close, but no cigar. (Actually, a healthy Clay plays last week, we probably would've beat ATL).

Obviously you don't want to lose, but I disagree that a loss today buries GB in the playoff picture.

I get that you're looking at it differently (a team who can't beat IND today isn't playoff caliber) but even with a loss today, the division remains in reach (provided MIN remains more or less the beatable team they have been the last 2 weeks- they've got some tough games coming up). And we've got a couple games against likely wildcard competitors in WAS and PHI.

I think this GB team will put it together and get healthy enough in time to be in the playoffs and dangerous. But, I'm an optimist.

Yeah,I do think if you're a playoff caliber team you beat a team like the Colts,especially if you're at home.

But it is big in the standings as well,you mess around and lose to the Colts at home today you drop to 4-4 and now you're talking about having to go 6-2 in the second half of the season just to get to 10-6.I'm not so sure 9-7 gets you in the playoffs this season in the NFC.It's one of those seasons where 11-5 might get you the #2 seed but 9-7 might not get you in,gonna have a lot of teams in the NFC in that 10-6 to 8-8 range.

I wouldn't be very confident in the Packers having to go 6-2 in the 2nd half of the season.Hell I would be a little nervous picking this Packer team to go 6-2 if they played the Browns 8 times.

Losing at home to the Colts when you're already sitting at 4-3 would be a pretty major blow to the Packers playoff hopes.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****

Return to Green Bay Packers