ImageImage

Packers 2017 NFL Draft Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Re: Packers 2017 NFL Draft Thread 

Post#61 » by jakecronus8 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:18 pm

My take on Mixon is I would not draft/sign him. I like good football players but I hate douche bags. Particularly ones that lay hands on a woman. Knowing everything he had to lose he still did that ****. Not very intelligent.
Do it for Chuck
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,954

Post#62 » by BUCKnation » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:29 pm

My biggest issue with Mixon is that he didn't really lose anything. At least Tyreek Hill, who did similar s***, got kicked off the team and played JUCO and worked his way back. I wouldn't touch him.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#63 » by xTitan » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:14 am

zmanishere11 wrote:What's everyones take on Joe Mixon?

It seems like the popular take is the kid shouldn't be allowed in the league.

My take is - what the heck else is the kid supposed to do, give up and work at McyD's?

Not trying to lighten the impact on what he did (knocked out a young woman), but I guess maybe I have a level of forgiveness in me for a kid who made this mistake as essentially a kid, that I just don't have for a grown ass man who got paid like Ray Rice.

This is going to end up as a pretty big draft story, as you can get a kid who's a 1 or 2 without that punch, well after that. I personally would take the chance, but curious to see what everyone else thinks

you are under the assumption he has only one case of horrific judgement to say the least..... you'd be wrong, heard he also had an incident with a parking lot Attendent as well this past year
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Re: RE: Re: Packers 2017 NFL Draft Thread 

Post#64 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:26 pm

xTitan wrote:
zmanishere11 wrote:What's everyones take on Joe Mixon?

It seems like the popular take is the kid shouldn't be allowed in the league.

My take is - what the heck else is the kid supposed to do, give up and work at McyD's?

Not trying to lighten the impact on what he did (knocked out a young woman), but I guess maybe I have a level of forgiveness in me for a kid who made this mistake as essentially a kid, that I just don't have for a grown ass man who got paid like Ray Rice.

This is going to end up as a pretty big draft story, as you can get a kid who's a 1 or 2 without that punch, well after that. I personally would take the chance, but curious to see what everyone else thinks

you are under the assumption he has only one case of horrific judgement to say the least..... you'd be wrong, heard he also had an incident with a parking lot Attendent as well this past year

If teams find a series of issues dude probably doesn't get drafted. This sounds cold but if he were a pass rusher or good corner teams including the pack might be more willing to look past his issues but rb is too easy to find other options.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,722

Post#65 » by jimmybones » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:23 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:
Profound23 wrote:I would not be mad at Watt in the 3rd

He's gonna go earlier than that. Will test out great athletically, and the motor and bloodlines don't hurt.

Ron Swanson wrote:TJ has the size and instincts. I don't know if he has the speed/explosiveness.

I'd compare him to Clay Matthews, Fackrell, Ripkowski, Wes Welker, Cole Beasley, Danny Woodhead, and maybe his brothers imo.

Don't forget Travis Jervey, Hunter Renfrow, Don Beebe, Ed McCaffrey, Christian McCaffrey, JT O'Sullivan, Wayne Chrebet, Greg Olsen, Chad Clifton, Jon Jurkovic, Chris Jacke, Mike Prior, Jeff Janis, Scott Mitchell, Jeff Thomason, Tom Rathman, Dabo Swinney, Kevin Greene, Cade McKnown, Stan Humphries, Marco Rive- I mean Mike Flanagan, Bob Kuberski, Bryce Paup......

...you know, things like that.
jakecronus8
RealGM

Post#66 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:25 pm

Again, the snark only works if the critique is wrong.
Do it for Chuck
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#67 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:40 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:Again, the snark only works if the critique is wrong.

You were right, but the next guy came on and knocked Watt's athleticism but praised his instincts. I realize he was also probably trying to accurately assess Watt, but I don't think his athleticism will be subpar in the end and therefore I melded all 3 comments to poke fun at the white guy assessment.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Post#68 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:34 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:My take on Mixon is I would not draft/sign him. I like good football players but I hate douche bags. Particularly ones that lay hands on a woman. Knowing everything he had to lose he still did that ****. Not very intelligent.

Random question. Does the fact that this was a disturbance between two strangers at a late night bar food restaurant make a difference with it being a woman? It's a totally different issue where you are talking domestic disputes and chances of future violence on that woman, her feeling trapped, etc. I almost feel this is more similar to when I was at Marquette I heard Vander Blue knocked out a friend of a friend at the dog haus after the friend made a dumb drunken comment. Both should be charged with assault but I don't think you can put this in the ray rice domestic abuse category.
jakecronus8
RealGM

Post#69 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:46 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:My take on Mixon is I would not draft/sign him. I like good football players but I hate douche bags. Particularly ones that lay hands on a woman. Knowing everything he had to lose he still did that ****. Not very intelligent.

Random question. Does the fact that this was a disturbance between two strangers at a late night bar food restaurant make a difference with it being a woman? It's a totally different issue where you are talking domestic disputes and chances of future violence on that woman, her feeling trapped, etc. I almost feel this is more similar to when I was at Marquette I heard Vander Blue knocked out a friend of a friend at the dog haus after the friend made a dumb drunken comment. Both should be charged with assault but I don't think you can put this in the ray rice domestic abuse category.

Absolutely makes a difference to me that it was a woman.
Do it for Chuck
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#70 » by trwi7 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:44 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Random question. Does the fact that this was a disturbance between two strangers at a late night bar food restaurant make a difference with it being a woman?

No. Still a complete piece of ****.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,541

Post#71 » by Profound23 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:51 am

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/nfl-mock-draft-2017-first-round-projection-team-needs

If this happens I will not be happy. OJ Howard to the Pats. That would just be unreal!
Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 661

Post#72 » by Jollay » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:02 am

I can't believe we don't go corner or pass-rusher now first. Outside chance receiver because TT.

Pretty sure we'll roll the dice with Montgomery/Lacy next year at RB. Better have a legit #3 back though, Michael will probably want more. If not we better draft one mid rounds.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,278

Post#73 » by HKPackFan » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:37 am

Jollay wrote:I can't believe we don't go corner or pass-rusher now first. Outside chance receiver because TT.

Pretty sure we'll roll the dice with Montgomery/Lacy next year at RB. Better have a legit #3 back though, Michael will probably want more. If not we better draft one mid rounds.

I only bring lacy back if it's a reasonable 2 year deal, 3 year max. Lacy's style of play is very violent, I doubt he lasts too long. He's already been too fat or too injured for much of his career. I'm not willing to pay a huge signing bonus.

I'm not sure how much money he wants, if he wants big money, I let him walk.

We roll with TY, and Michael on the cheap, and hopeful draft a RB between the 3rd and 5th rounds.

There is no way we go RB first round. We have no pass rushers left. All our 3/4 could be gone: Peppers, D. Jones, N. Perry all UFAs. We probably sign 1 of those guys, and maybe on a shorter deal. And claymaker's body is failing. We desperately need to reload.
#FreeChuckDiesel
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,168

Post#74 » by RRyder823 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:06 pm

HKPackFan wrote:
Jollay wrote:I can't believe we don't go corner or pass-rusher now first. Outside chance receiver because TT.

I only bring lacy back if it's a reasonable 2 year deal, 3 year max. Lacy's style of play is very violent, I doubt he lasts too long. He's already been too fat or too injured for much of his career. I'm not willing to pay a huge signing bonus.

I'm not sure how much money he wants, if he wants big money, I let him walk.

We roll with TY, and Michael on the cheap, and hopeful draft a RB between the 3rd and 5th rounds.

There is no way we go RB first round. We have no pass rushers left. All our 3/4 could be gone: Peppers, D. Jones, N. Perry all UFAs. We probably sign 1 of those guys, and maybe on a shorter deal. And claymaker's body is failing. We desperately need to reload.

Pretty spot on assessment

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using RealGM mobile app
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#75 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:54 pm

Totally agree. The exception would be if oj howard fell hed be hard to pass up even if they bring cook back.

At rb i agree. Montgomery should be the top guy and personally id rather bring michael back than lacy.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#76 » by bizarro » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:26 pm

Remember when the story of the Packers off-season was Lacy and his workouts?!? It's hard to believe here we are today realizing he is really only sensible on an extremely friendly prove it 2 year type deal. I just don't see the need to revert this offense - i.e. The threat a Montgomery type back provides far outweighs the Lacy-type back in today's NFL.
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,173

Post#77 » by raysbookclub » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:17 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:

Totally agree. The exception would be if oj howard fell hed be hard to pass up even if they bring cook back.

At rb i agree. Montgomery should be the top guy and personally id rather bring michael back than lacy.

Yep, though it's possible that Perry re-signs as a Packer priority guy, and even that Jones returns on a not expensive contract (I don't know who else would sign him) or that Peppers comes back for another year.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,168

Post#78 » by RRyder823 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:29 pm

Kiper has us nabbing McCfarrey in round 1 at pick 29.

Not too keen on it as I hate the idea of picking RBs in RD1 but at the tail end I get it. The only RB I'd consider in that spot is Cook and I'll even admit that might just be some FSU bias comming through. But at least I can consider that a "value" pick

Still thinking they have to go CB or OLB in round one and worst need to get one of each between rounds 1-3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using RealGM mobile app
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,541

Post#79 » by Profound23 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:15 pm

NFL Network has us taking Alan Kamara

We better not in the first round.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#80 » by M-C-G » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:40 pm

HKPackFan wrote:

I only bring lacy back if it's a reasonable 2 year deal

As long as the second year is a team option or something he has to achieve to get it guaranteed that is okay. Honestly, I'd sign him to a 2 year 8M (total) deal, that's it. Let him go to New England and be a star on a minimum deal, but sure as hell don't commit anything to a guy that can't stay in shape, can't stay healthy and just can't be counted on. Especially because he will be 27 next season. Lots of red flags and warning signs.

Return to Green Bay Packers