ImageImage

Lions Post Game - NFCN Champs - Giants Leadup

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

User avatar
Iheartfootball
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,274
And1: 332
Joined: May 09, 2014
Location: Yay area
       

Re: Lions Post Game - NFCN Champs - Giants Leadup 

Post#61 » by Iheartfootball » Tue Jan 3, 2017 5:35 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Niners interviewing Wolf and Gutekunst. No surprise. I think the CBS report that Thompson might step aside to just scout and let Wolf take over is accurate.


That would be the best possible scenario. Keep him scouting where he makes his hay. Stay so that he can mentor Wolf for a season or so more. Kind of like the Melvin role for the Brewers (sans the scouting, Melvin was more of a trade guru to me).
Oh man. Milwaukee. Damn.

Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs. And take them down.
User avatar
JimmyTheKid
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,536
And1: 1,590
Joined: Feb 10, 2009

Re: Lions Post Game - NFCN Champs - Giants Leadup 

Post#62 » by JimmyTheKid » Tue Jan 3, 2017 6:08 pm

How sweet would a "Revenge Tour" run in the playoffs be on top of a Super Bowl? Beat the Giants at Lambeau and Seattle on the road.
User avatar
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 47,723
And1: 3,766
Joined: May 02, 2002
Location: The Craps Table
     

Re: Lions Post Game - NFCN Champs - Giants Leadup 

Post#63 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Jan 3, 2017 6:53 pm

Well we can't go to Seattle next week. We would have to beat Dallas and Seattle would have to beat Atlanta.
My friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana, I said "No, but I want a regular banana later, so, yeah."
User avatar
Mags FTW
RealGM
Posts: 26,579
And1: 1,767
Joined: Feb 16, 2006
Location: Flickin' It

Re: Lions Post Game - NFCN Champs - Giants Leadup 

Post#64 » by Mags FTW » Tue Jan 3, 2017 8:02 pm

UW Head Football Coach Gary Anderson wrote:I don't know that.
User avatar
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 47,723
And1: 3,766
Joined: May 02, 2002
Location: The Craps Table
     

Re: Lions Post Game - NFCN Champs - Giants Leadup 

Post#65 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Jan 3, 2017 9:44 pm

Good, I like the idea of him on a one or two year deal. Draft and develop a TE to replace him down the road or when he gets hurt again.
My friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana, I said "No, but I want a regular banana later, so, yeah."
User avatar
Mags FTW
RealGM
Posts: 26,579
And1: 1,767
Joined: Feb 16, 2006
Location: Flickin' It

Re: Lions Post Game - NFCN Champs - Giants Leadup 

Post#66 » by Mags FTW » Tue Jan 3, 2017 11:31 pm

Brett Favre on the Packers: "They will be in the Super Bowl"

http://es.pn/2iAzsEE
UW Head Football Coach Gary Anderson wrote:I don't know that.
User avatar
Iheartfootball
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,274
And1: 332
Joined: May 09, 2014
Location: Yay area
       

Re: Lions Post Game - NFCN Champs - Giants Leadup 

Post#67 » by Iheartfootball » Wed Jan 4, 2017 4:57 pm

Mags FTW wrote:Brett Favre on the Packers: "They will be in the Super Bowl"

http://es.pn/2iAzsEE


Commence pants messing in 5...4...3...2...1...
Oh man. Milwaukee. Damn.

Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs. And take them down.
User avatar
humanrefutation
RealGM
Posts: 16,994
And1: 2,437
Joined: Jun 05, 2006
       

Re: Lions Post Game - NFCN Champs - Giants Leadup 

Post#68 » by humanrefutation » Wed Jan 4, 2017 6:08 pm

The defense has to be better if we're going to win a Super Bowl. The offense is clicking. The defense hasn't been.
RRyder823
Veteran
Posts: 2,845
And1: 770
Joined: May 06, 2014
   

Re: RE: Re: Lions Post Game - NFCN Champs - Giants Leadup 

Post#69 » by RRyder823 » Wed Jan 4, 2017 6:10 pm

humanrefutation wrote:The defense has to be better if we're going to win a Super Bowl. The offense is clicking. The defense hasn't been.

Outside of the 4th quarter against the Bears the defense has been pretty good the last 6 weeks. Good enough to make a push. Need our CBs healthy though cause even though Randell and Rollins have had sophomore slumps the D definitely turned the corner when they got back into the lineup

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
LUKE23
RealGM
Posts: 69,706
And1: 3,446
Joined: May 26, 2005
Location: Stunville
       

Re: Lions Post Game - NFCN Champs - Giants Leadup 

Post#70 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jan 4, 2017 6:38 pm

Any update on the corner injuries yet? Haven't seen anything.
PER 36:
Giannis: 23.6 points, 8.7 rebounds, 5.5 assists, 1.7 steals, 2.0 blocks, 3.0 TO, .610 TS, .280 USG, 26.6 PER
Middleton: 19.1 points, 4.9 rebounds, 5.9 assists, 1.8 steals, .3 blocks, 2.7 TO, .597 TS, .234 USG, 18.8 PER
RRyder823
Veteran
Posts: 2,845
And1: 770
Joined: May 06, 2014
   

Re: RE: Re: Lions Post Game - NFCN Champs - Giants Leadup 

Post#71 » by RRyder823 » Wed Jan 4, 2017 6:41 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Any update on the corner injuries yet? Haven't seen anything.

Rollins walking around the LR and MM is optimistic about him but it's pretty vague.

Randell not a whole lot

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
El Duderino
RealGM
Posts: 19,320
And1: 905
Joined: May 30, 2005
Location: Working on pad level

Re: RE: Re: Lions Post Game - NFCN Champs - Giants Leadup 

Post#72 » by El Duderino » Wed Jan 4, 2017 7:56 pm

RRyder823 wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:The defense has to be better if we're going to win a Super Bowl. The offense is clicking. The defense hasn't been.

Outside of the 4th quarter against the Bears the defense has been pretty good the last 6 weeks. Good enough to make a push. Need our CBs healthy though cause even though Randell and Rollins have had sophomore slumps the D definitely turned the corner when they got back into the lineup

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using RealGM mobile app


I think both the Falcons and Cowboys would very likely put up 27-35 points on this defense, maybe more and especially in their domes. The Packers offense would have to be near flawless to beat either of those teams on the road.

Even with all of the problems the Packers have had in Seattle, i'd rather play them than either of Dallas/Atlanta given Seattle has such an erratic offense. The thought of our weak defense having to cover all of the Falcons weapons on the road in a dome is terrifying.

Who the hell would cover Julio Jones? Gunter is slow, Rollins is slow along with just being bad overall, and Randall has sucked even when healthy. They also have other big play receivers if we doubled Jones a ton and their running backs are big play guys in the passing game. Unless Clay and/or Perry had big games rushing the passer so Capers didn't have to blitz much, it could get ugly.
User avatar
humanrefutation
RealGM
Posts: 16,994
And1: 2,437
Joined: Jun 05, 2006
       

Re: RE: Re: Lions Post Game - NFCN Champs - Giants Leadup 

Post#73 » by humanrefutation » Wed Jan 4, 2017 8:15 pm

El Duderino wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:The defense has to be better if we're going to win a Super Bowl. The offense is clicking. The defense hasn't been.

Outside of the 4th quarter against the Bears the defense has been pretty good the last 6 weeks. Good enough to make a push. Need our CBs healthy though cause even though Randell and Rollins have had sophomore slumps the D definitely turned the corner when they got back into the lineup

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using RealGM mobile app


I think both the Falcons and Cowboys would very likely put up 27-35 points on this defense, maybe more and especially in their domes. The Packers offense would have to be near flawless to beat either of those teams on the road.

Even with all of the problems the Packers have had in Seattle, i'd rather play them than either of Dallas/Atlanta given Seattle has such an erratic offense. The thought of our weak defense having to cover all of the Falcons weapons on the road in a dome is terrifying.

Who the hell would cover Julio Jones? Gunter is slow, Rollins is slow along with just being bad overall, and Randall has sucked even when healthy. They also have other big play receivers if we doubled Jones a ton and their running backs are big play guys in the passing game. Unless Clay and/or Perry had big games rushing the passer so Capers didn't have to blitz much, it could get ugly.


The pass rush will definitely be key. They'll need to force turnovers.

I'm not afraid of Ryan because he lacks mobility and he's been known to throw back-breaking interceptions in big moments. I'm more afraid of Prescott because he has the legs to move and a great o-line, but he's also a rookie who has a world of pressure on him to succeed.
User avatar
chuckleslove
RealGM
Posts: 17,980
And1: 754
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
Location: The Banana Stand
Contact:
     

Re: Lions Post Game - NFCN Champs - Giants Leadup 

Post#74 » by chuckleslove » Wed Jan 4, 2017 8:39 pm

Cobb returned to practice today FWIW.
User avatar
El Duderino
RealGM
Posts: 19,320
And1: 905
Joined: May 30, 2005
Location: Working on pad level

Re: RE: Re: Lions Post Game - NFCN Champs - Giants Leadup 

Post#75 » by El Duderino » Wed Jan 4, 2017 8:41 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
The pass rush will definitely be key. They'll need to force turnovers.

I'm not afraid of Ryan because he lacks mobility and he's been known to throw back-breaking interceptions in big moments. I'm more afraid of Prescott because he has the legs to move and a great o-line, but he's also a rookie who has a world of pressure on him to succeed.


Ryan has more weapons than he's ever had and a better offensive line. Yea he isn't mobile, but there have been a number of games where our pass rush struggles to get pressure without blitzing and blitzing that Atlanta offense would be very very risky given all of their weapons and our crappy secondary. Don't get home via the blitz and suddenly you have Julio Jones and other big play guys in one on one matchups without safety help over the top.

As for Dallas, i agree they also pose a myriad of problems for our weak defense. Elliot could gash us for big gains and it would be hard to get pressure on Prescott, who can avoid that pressure when it does happen. Sure he is a rookie and maybe playoff pressure gets to him, but i'm skeptical of that. He's a young guy playing for the glamour franchise of the NFL and it's been a non-stop media frenzy most of the season about whether he keeps his job when Romo got healthy, yet he hasn't flinched one bit.

FWIW, i'm not saying the Packers can't beat either team, just that very likely our offense will need to put up 30 plus points to win because both teams present huge problems for our beat up and low talent defense, if they first beat New York.
User avatar
WeekapaugGroove
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,664
And1: 1,585
Joined: Feb 07, 2010

Re: RE: Re: Lions Post Game - NFCN Champs - Giants Leadup 

Post#76 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Jan 4, 2017 8:49 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Any update on the corner injuries yet? Haven't seen anything.

Doreliant to IR Herb Waters to the active roster. Rollins in concussion protocol and sounds like Randle might practice today. It would be pretty crazy if waters played his firsts snaps at cb since probably high school in a playoff game.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
User avatar
Ron Swanson
General Manager
Posts: 7,626
And1: 3,261
Joined: May 15, 2013

Re: Lions Post Game - NFCN Champs - Giants Leadup 

Post#77 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Jan 4, 2017 10:18 pm

We're gonna need to find that 2011 gear for this Packers offense if we wanna make a run. I'm terrified of this defense even if Rollins/Randall are good to go. Not giving up every single underneath route and allowing hail mary's to be converted would certainly help...
slappyg
Sophomore
Posts: 205
And1: 14
Joined: Jan 19, 2008

Re: Lions Post Game - NFCN Champs - Giants Leadup 

Post#78 » by slappyg » Thu Jan 5, 2017 4:17 am

[quote="Iheartfootball"][quote="Mags FTW"]Brett Favre on the Packers: "They will be in the Super Bowl"

PANTS ON THE GROUND!
User avatar
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 47,723
And1: 3,766
Joined: May 02, 2002
Location: The Craps Table
     

Re: Lions Post Game - NFCN Champs - Giants Leadup 

Post#79 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Jan 5, 2017 12:46 pm

Cobb had a good game against them earlier this year. Sure the offense has been good without him but we need all hands on deck in the playoffs.
My friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana, I said "No, but I want a regular banana later, so, yeah."
User avatar
crkone
RealGM
Posts: 18,180
And1: 1,738
Joined: Aug 16, 2006
     

Re: Lions Post Game - NFCN Champs - Giants Leadup 

Post#80 » by crkone » Thu Jan 5, 2017 2:46 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:We're gonna need to find that 2011 gear for this Packers offense if we wanna make a run. I'm terrified of this defense even if Rollins/Randall are good to go. Not giving up every single underneath route and allowing hail mary's to be converted would certainly help...


Don't worry, Herb Waters to the rescue. 8-)

Code: Select all

         -|
       -' |
     -'   | __().
==========|'\/   `.O__
                    \ `,
                   _-^.
                   `.  `---,
                     :

____________________________________
///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Return to Green Bay Packers