ImageImage

GT: Giants at Packers - Let's Beat These Bums - 3:40 PM FOX

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

User avatar
Matches Malone
General Manager
Posts: 9,371
And1: 3,018
Joined: Nov 23, 2005
Location: Whitewater, WI
     

Re: GT: Giants at Packers - Let's Beat These Bums - 3:40 PM FOX 

Post#461 » by Matches Malone » Mon Jan 9, 2017 12:46 am

I feel good about this win. After losing on Friday to the Knicks and hearing all the New York fans mock us and say they're going to do it again on Sunday, this win is awesome.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
User avatar
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 47,723
And1: 3,766
Joined: May 02, 2002
Location: The Craps Table
     

Re: GT: Giants at Packers - Let's Beat These Bums - 3:40 PM FOX 

Post#462 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Jan 9, 2017 12:46 am

Bring on the **** Cowgirls
My friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana, I said "No, but I want a regular banana later, so, yeah."
User avatar
Bernman
RealGM
Posts: 18,360
And1: 2,013
Joined: Aug 05, 2004
Location: Anti Aussie Bias Unit
   

Re: GT: Giants at Packers - Let's Beat These Bums - 3:40 PM FOX 

Post#463 » by Bernman » Mon Jan 9, 2017 12:47 am

Turk Nowitzki wrote:McCarthy probably has a huge boner now that he has a reliable Kuhn replacement.

I am pretty stunned that we blew them off the field in the 2nd half, not gonna lie.


McCarthy probably has a huge boner now that he still has a job after that decision to go for it didn't blow up in his face in the end.
Empty Blatter
User avatar
rilamann
RealGM
Posts: 13,620
And1: 511
Joined: Jun 20, 2003
Location: Milwaukee
     

Re: GT: Giants at Packers - Let's Beat These Bums - 3:40 PM FOX 

Post#464 » by rilamann » Mon Jan 9, 2017 12:47 am

Granted Dallas has a better offense than the Giants but if the defense can play like this next week I think we have a great shot to beat Dallas.

Our offense might feel like it's a relief going against the Cowboys defense indoors after facing this Giants defense in the cold.
User avatar
chuckleslove
RealGM
Posts: 17,980
And1: 754
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
Location: The Banana Stand
Contact:
     

Re: GT: Giants at Packers - Let's Beat These Bums - 3:40 PM FOX 

Post#465 » by chuckleslove » Mon Jan 9, 2017 12:47 am

Aikman is going to be **** unbearable next week.
User avatar
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
Posts: 21,695
And1: 2,574
Joined: Feb 26, 2010
Location: on the Hellmouth
     

Re: GT: Giants at Packers - Let's Beat These Bums - 3:40 PM FOX 

Post#466 » by Turk Nowitzki » Mon Jan 9, 2017 12:47 am

That was a perfect drive, got the absolute dagger TD and burned a lot of clock in the process.
User avatar
rilamann
RealGM
Posts: 13,620
And1: 511
Joined: Jun 20, 2003
Location: Milwaukee
     

Re: GT: Giants at Packers - Let's Beat These Bums - 3:40 PM FOX 

Post#467 » by rilamann » Mon Jan 9, 2017 12:51 am

chuckleslove wrote:Aikman is going to be **** unbearable next week.


He will but it will make it even sweeter if we win lol
User avatar
humanrefutation
RealGM
Posts: 16,994
And1: 2,437
Joined: Jun 05, 2006
       

Re: RE: Re: GT: Giants at Packers - Let's Beat These Bums - 3:40 PM FOX 

Post#468 » by humanrefutation » Mon Jan 9, 2017 12:51 am

chuckleslove wrote:Aikman is going to be **** unbearable next week.

Cowboys fans often complain he's overly harsh on them in order to counterbalance the perceived bias.

I don't think there's a thing here either way. I've listened for signs of overt bias, and I haven't found any.
User avatar
LedZepp007
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,650
And1: 1,187
Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Location: Boston
     

Re: GT: Giants at Packers - Let's Beat These Bums - 3:40 PM FOX 

Post#469 » by LedZepp007 » Mon Jan 9, 2017 12:52 am

Great comeback


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Bulls are the absolute worst.
User avatar
Mags FTW
RealGM
Posts: 26,579
And1: 1,767
Joined: Feb 16, 2006
Location: Flickin' It

Re: GT: Giants at Packers - Let's Beat These Bums - 3:40 PM FOX 

Post#470 » by Mags FTW » Mon Jan 9, 2017 12:53 am

Ben. There's a difference between "giving up" and pulling your QB in a hopeless situation so he doesn't get an injury that may linger into next year.
UW Head Football Coach Gary Anderson wrote:I don't know that.
User avatar
Bernman
RealGM
Posts: 18,360
And1: 2,013
Joined: Aug 05, 2004
Location: Anti Aussie Bias Unit
   

Re: GT: Giants at Packers - Let's Beat These Bums - 3:40 PM FOX 

Post#471 » by Bernman » Mon Jan 9, 2017 12:55 am

But seriously, Rip, Michael, and Double-J Jeff Janis were some real unsung heroes today. Came up with some big plays at times where we needed to swing the momentum or finish the opponent off. Those Janis returns put us in good field positions when we had nothing going offensively. Michael was a maniac the drive after going for it went awry. Ripkowski caught some key passes and really drove his legs in short yardage when given the opportunity to ultimately finish them off. They get game balls. Don't know if we win that without them or not given when they stepped up. Not always how many plays you made or how long they were but rather the timing of them.
Empty Blatter
User avatar
trwi7
RealGM
Posts: 96,985
And1: 10,445
Joined: Jul 12, 2006
Location: Aussie bias
         

Re: GT: Giants at Packers - Let's Beat These Bums - 3:40 PM FOX 

Post#472 » by trwi7 » Mon Jan 9, 2017 12:56 am

OMG Randall wanted to rub it in so bad. :rofl:
stellation wrote:"What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."
User avatar
rilamann
RealGM
Posts: 13,620
And1: 511
Joined: Jun 20, 2003
Location: Milwaukee
     

Re: GT: Giants at Packers - Let's Beat These Bums - 3:40 PM FOX 

Post#473 » by rilamann » Mon Jan 9, 2017 12:57 am

Wish we had Randall instead of Burnett in 2014 lol
jakecronus8
RealGM
Posts: 10,296
And1: 2,795
Joined: Feb 06, 2006
     

Re: GT: Giants at Packers - Let's Beat These Bums - 3:40 PM FOX 

Post#474 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Jan 9, 2017 12:57 am

After what happened in Seattle two years ago, I'm always in favor of the int return.
Hardcore Bucks fan podcast. @BuckLifePodcast on Twitter. Available on iTunes, Stitcher, and YouTube.
User avatar
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
Posts: 21,695
And1: 2,574
Joined: Feb 26, 2010
Location: on the Hellmouth
     

Re: GT: Giants at Packers - Let's Beat These Bums - 3:40 PM FOX 

Post#475 » by Turk Nowitzki » Mon Jan 9, 2017 12:57 am

Probably shouldve just taken the INT there, no need to return it.
User avatar
humanrefutation
RealGM
Posts: 16,994
And1: 2,437
Joined: Jun 05, 2006
       

Re: RE: Re: GT: Giants at Packers - Let's Beat These Bums - 3:40 PM FOX 

Post#476 » by humanrefutation » Mon Jan 9, 2017 12:58 am

Bernman wrote:But seriously, Rip, Michael, and Double-J Jeff Janis were some real unsung heroes today. Came up with some big plays at times where we needed to swing the momentum or finish the opponent off. Those Janis returns put us in good field positions when we had nothing going offensively. Michael was a maniac the drive after going for it went awry. Ripkowski caught some key passes and really drove his legs in short yardage when given the opportunity to ultimately finish them off. They get game balls. Don't know if we win that without them or not given when they stepped up.

I recall Hyde making more than one good punt return, too. Did a solid job in the secondary as well.

I'm not remembering Janis make any great kick returns, could have missed something, though.
User avatar
chuckleslove
RealGM
Posts: 17,980
And1: 754
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
Location: The Banana Stand
Contact:
     

Re: RE: Re: GT: Giants at Packers - Let's Beat These Bums - 3:40 PM FOX 

Post#477 » by chuckleslove » Mon Jan 9, 2017 12:59 am

humanrefutation wrote:
Bernman wrote:But seriously, Rip, Michael, and Double-J Jeff Janis were some real unsung heroes today. Came up with some big plays at times where we needed to swing the momentum or finish the opponent off. Those Janis returns put us in good field positions when we had nothing going offensively. Michael was a maniac the drive after going for it went awry. Ripkowski caught some key passes and really drove his legs in short yardage when given the opportunity to ultimately finish them off. They get game balls. Don't know if we win that without them or not given when they stepped up.

I recall Hyde making more than one good punt return, too. Did a solid job in the secondary as well.

I'm not remembering Janis make any great kick returns, could have missed something, though.



Janis had one earlier in the game that he took to about the 45, our offense did nothing with it but we did flip the field. Janis also had a couple of good stops on punts where he hit the returner right as he caught it.
User avatar
trwi7
RealGM
Posts: 96,985
And1: 10,445
Joined: Jul 12, 2006
Location: Aussie bias
         

Re: GT: Giants at Packers - Let's Beat These Bums - 3:40 PM FOX 

Post#478 » by trwi7 » Mon Jan 9, 2017 1:00 am

chuckleslove wrote:Aikman is going to be **** unbearable next week.


Listen to 620 online. There's actually a delay in online listening so you won't hear the play before actually seeing it.
stellation wrote:"What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."
User avatar
humanrefutation
RealGM
Posts: 16,994
And1: 2,437
Joined: Jun 05, 2006
       

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: GT: Giants at Packers - Let's Beat These Bums - 3:40 PM FOX 

Post#479 » by humanrefutation » Mon Jan 9, 2017 1:00 am

chuckleslove wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
Bernman wrote:But seriously, Rip, Michael, and Double-J Jeff Janis were some real unsung heroes today. Came up with some big plays at times where we needed to swing the momentum or finish the opponent off. Those Janis returns put us in good field positions when we had nothing going offensively. Michael was a maniac the drive after going for it went awry. Ripkowski caught some key passes and really drove his legs in short yardage when given the opportunity to ultimately finish them off. They get game balls. Don't know if we win that without them or not given when they stepped up.

I recall Hyde making more than one good punt return, too. Did a solid job in the secondary as well.

I'm not remembering Janis make any great kick returns, could have missed something, though.



Janis had one earlier in the game that he took to about the 45, our offense did nothing with it but we did flip the field. Janis also had a couple of good stops on punts where he hit the returner right as he caught it.

Oh, might have FF'd past that return. Props to him, he's always been solid on ST. Probably the only reason he still has a job.
User avatar
rilamann
RealGM
Posts: 13,620
And1: 511
Joined: Jun 20, 2003
Location: Milwaukee
     

Re: GT: Giants at Packers - Let's Beat These Bums - 3:40 PM FOX 

Post#480 » by rilamann » Mon Jan 9, 2017 1:02 am

I think the Packers would kick the **** out of Atlanta or Seattle,Dallas is the one I am worried about.

Return to Green Bay Packers