ImageImage

Giants PGT - Cowboys Lead Up

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Prickle
Sophomore
Posts: 104
And1: 26
Joined: Oct 27, 2016
     

Re: Giants PGT - Cowboys Lead Up 

Post#121 » by Prickle » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:48 am

If Jordy has broken ribs, there is absolutely no way he is playing. I broke three ribs once, and every single breath I took was the worst pain in my life. Even heavily medicated, it hurt to walk, lay down, move my arms, laugh.....and if I sneezed? I wished for death. I could not even imagine what it would feel like just to fall to the ground, let alone be hit by an NFL safety, regardless of what painkillers are available to him. But then again, I might just be a pussy. So I say go for it, Jordy!
User avatar
jimmybones
Analyst
Posts: 3,298
And1: 375
Joined: May 29, 2009

Re: Giants PGT - Cowboys Lead Up 

Post#122 » by jimmybones » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:47 pm

Prickle wrote:If Jordy has broken ribs, there is absolutely no way he is playing. I broke three ribs once, and every single breath I took was the worst pain in my life. Even heavily medicated, it hurt to walk, lay down, move my arms, laugh.....and if I sneezed? I wished for death. I could not even imagine what it would feel like just to fall to the ground, let alone be hit by an NFL safety, regardless of what painkillers are available to him. But then again, I might just be a pussy. So I say go for it, Jordy!




Image
User avatar
Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 12,293
And1: 409
Joined: Apr 25, 2003

Re: Giants PGT - Cowboys Lead Up 

Post#123 » by Jollay » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:58 am

I would like to see in the event of no Jordy, which I think is pretty damn probable, we take a shot or two using Janis or (less likely) Davis downfield.

Cook helps, but if we can just stretch the field a tad more...

Just a few shots.
PMandS.com--politics, movies, sports
books
Veteran
Posts: 2,558
And1: 155
Joined: Jan 26, 2008
     

Re: Giants PGT - Cowboys Lead Up 

Post#124 » by books » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:15 pm

We don't know the specifics of Jordy's injury, so we'll see on Sunday whether he plays. It's possible though. James Jones had broken ribs in 2013 and played the last couple games of the season plus a playoff game with it. http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2014/1/7/5284714/packers-wr-james-jones-played-final-games-with-broken-ribs
vegaspacker
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,841
And1: 204
Joined: Aug 25, 2012

Re: Giants PGT - Cowboys Lead Up 

Post#125 » by vegaspacker » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:45 pm

I believe Geronimo is better than advertised. He doesn't seem like the one trick pony Janis. I like Janis, but Allison has more traditional wr attributes.

I hope Montgomery can stay healthy, he is the dare I say trump card on offense.
Maybe C Michael gets it all going the next few weeks... We are in for a wild ride. Fa Realzzz
Good things come to those who wait, 'Ain't nobody got time for that!'
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 64,044
And1: 6,733
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
       

Re: Giants PGT - Cowboys Lead Up 

Post#126 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:48 pm

Jordy's officially out.
User avatar
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 47,723
And1: 3,766
Joined: May 02, 2002
Location: The Craps Table
     

Re: Giants PGT - Cowboys Lead Up 

Post#127 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:56 pm

Tony Corrente is our ref. The HL is from Triplette's crew, so is the back judge, not thrilled about that.
My friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana, I said "No, but I want a regular banana later, so, yeah."
User avatar
BigDee
General Manager
Posts: 9,239
And1: 219
Joined: Jul 11, 2006
Location: Canada
       

Re: Giants PGT - Cowboys Lead Up 

Post#128 » by BigDee » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:14 pm

Not surprised to hear this...Probably for the best anyway.
60% of the time. It works, every time.
jakecronus8
RealGM
Posts: 10,296
And1: 2,795
Joined: Feb 06, 2006
     

Re: Giants PGT - Cowboys Lead Up 

Post#129 » by jakecronus8 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:00 pm

Sam Shields joins Allison with the weed revelation this week, and Darren Perry charged with another DUI (moron). Plenty of distractions this week. Not feeling good right now.
Hardcore Bucks fan podcast. @BuckLifePodcast on Twitter. Available on iTunes, Stitcher, and YouTube.
User avatar
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 47,723
And1: 3,766
Joined: May 02, 2002
Location: The Craps Table
     

Re: Giants PGT - Cowboys Lead Up 

Post#130 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:10 pm

Minor distractions. No effect on the game IMO. I love being the underdog. I won't be surprised if we lost of course. But I won't be surprised if we win either. GO PACK GO
My friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana, I said "No, but I want a regular banana later, so, yeah."
User avatar
Mags FTW
RealGM
Posts: 26,579
And1: 1,768
Joined: Feb 16, 2006
Location: Flickin' It

Re: Giants PGT - Cowboys Lead Up 

Post#131 » by Mags FTW » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:17 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:Sam Shields joins Allison with the weed revelation this week

UW Head Football Coach Gary Anderson wrote:I don't know that.
RRyder823
Veteran
Posts: 2,845
And1: 770
Joined: May 06, 2014
   

Re: Giants PGT - Cowboys Lead Up 

Post#132 » by RRyder823 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:03 pm

Regardles you feel about the show, or the network, Max had an absolute spot on assessment in his final take today on how it'll end up playing out if the "marquee" NE/Dallas SB matchup ends up becoming a reality.

Maybe I just liked the dig on Dallas by him saying go Pack at the end of it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
trwi7
RealGM
Posts: 96,985
And1: 10,445
Joined: Jul 12, 2006
Location: Aussie bias
         

Re: Giants PGT - Cowboys Lead Up 

Post#133 » by trwi7 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:38 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:Sam Shields joins Allison with the weed revelation this week, and Darren Perry charged with another DUI (moron). Plenty of distractions this week. Not feeling good right now.


Wickett's a moron.

Read on Twitter
stellation wrote:"What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."
User avatar
chuckleslove
RealGM
Posts: 17,980
And1: 754
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
Location: The Banana Stand
Contact:
     

Re: Giants PGT - Cowboys Lead Up 

Post#134 » by chuckleslove » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:46 pm

Yeah I would guess Wickett has smoked weed before and even if he hasn't I know he has done plenty of drinking.

I just don't understand in this day and age how there is such a stigma with weed and particularly with someone of Wickett's age. I get why my grandparents might be a little skeptical of it but Wickett is young enough that he shouldn't give a damn about weed.
User avatar
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
Posts: 10,908
And1: 913
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Section 212 - Raising havoc in Squad 6

Re: Giants PGT - Cowboys Lead Up 

Post#135 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:30 pm

chuckleslove wrote:Yeah I would guess Wickett has smoked weed before and even if he hasn't I know he has done plenty of drinking.

I just don't understand in this day and age how there is such a stigma with weed and particularly with someone of Wickett's age. I get why my grandparents might be a little skeptical of it but Wickett is young enough that he shouldn't give a damn about weed.

I agree it shouldn't matter but you signed a multimillion dollar contract and it says you can't smoke weed you are making an idiotic move. This is calling a guy an idiot for getting caught jaywalking, it's getting caught jaywalking when you were warned against and see a cop watching type of move.
Finley on pace for: 51 receptions, 780 yards, 7TD Iceness predicted 35-55.

Image
User avatar
Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 12,293
And1: 409
Joined: Apr 25, 2003

Re: Giants PGT - Cowboys Lead Up 

Post#136 » by Jollay » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:34 pm

vegaspacker wrote:I believe Geronimo is better than advertised. He doesn't seem like the one trick pony Janis. I like Janis, but Allison has more traditional wr attributes.

I hope Montgomery can stay healthy, he is the dare I say trump card on offense.
Maybe C Michael gets it all going the next few weeks... We are in for a wild ride. Fa Realzzz


Michael is huge. Gets Ty a little more slot action alongside Cobb in four-wide sets.

Obviously if the Cowboys are smart they'll focus on Cobb first, Cook second. We have to run the ball this week as well. Have to. Serious danger of the Cowboys having the ball for way too long if not.

I think Allison will be okay, but this is the most key game we've ever needed Davante in. Has to be good Adams this week or we might be sunk.
PMandS.com--politics, movies, sports
User avatar
trwi7
RealGM
Posts: 96,985
And1: 10,445
Joined: Jul 12, 2006
Location: Aussie bias
         

Re: Giants PGT - Cowboys Lead Up 

Post#137 » by trwi7 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:38 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
chuckleslove wrote:Yeah I would guess Wickett has smoked weed before and even if he hasn't I know he has done plenty of drinking.

I just don't understand in this day and age how there is such a stigma with weed and particularly with someone of Wickett's age. I get why my grandparents might be a little skeptical of it but Wickett is young enough that he shouldn't give a damn about weed.

I agree it shouldn't matter but you signed a multimillion dollar contract and it says you can't smoke weed you are making an idiotic move. This is calling a guy an idiot for getting caught jaywalking, it's getting caught jaywalking when you were warned against and see a cop watching type of move.


It's not even about that for me.

Yes, what Shields did is illegal. There is literally a paragraph in the same article about Darren Perry doing something illegal as well, yet Wickett doesn't say a word about it. But here's the difference. Shields was doing something illegal in the privacy of his own home and not endangering anybody. Perry was doing something illegal behind the wheel of a car endangering every person that drove by him or anywhere near him at the time.

The fact that a lot of people in this state think smoking weed in your house is worse than drunk driving is a huge problem. It's actually **** embarrassing.
stellation wrote:"What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."
User avatar
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
Posts: 10,908
And1: 913
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Section 212 - Raising havoc in Squad 6

Re: Giants PGT - Cowboys Lead Up 

Post#138 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:44 pm

trwi7 wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
chuckleslove wrote:Yeah I would guess Wickett has smoked weed before and even if he hasn't I know he has done plenty of drinking.

I just don't understand in this day and age how there is such a stigma with weed and particularly with someone of Wickett's age. I get why my grandparents might be a little skeptical of it but Wickett is young enough that he shouldn't give a damn about weed.

I agree it shouldn't matter but you signed a multimillion dollar contract and it says you can't smoke weed you are making an idiotic move. This is calling a guy an idiot for getting caught jaywalking, it's getting caught jaywalking when you were warned against and see a cop watching type of move.


It's not even about that for me.

Yes, what Shields did is illegal. There is literally a paragraph in the same article about Darren Perry doing something illegal as well, yet Wickett doesn't say a word about it. But here's the difference. Shields was doing something illegal in the privacy of his own home and not endangering anybody. Perry was doing something illegal behind the wheel of a car endangering every person that drove by him or anywhere near him at the time.

The fact that a lot of people in this state think smoking weed in your house is worse than drunk driving is a huge problem. It's actually **** embarrassing.

I don't disagree. I was just separating two groups of people who think shields was being an idiot.

This is probably dumb reasoning, but with ubers and cheap airbnb rentals it's so f-ing dumb to drive when drunk now. In the past generation, you can sympathize with the guy who was just over the limit because his friend bought him a couple extra beers and talked himself into being able to drive with no other options. Now it's 25 bucks for an unexpected Uber to the suburbs with a button on the phone. No excuses.
Finley on pace for: 51 receptions, 780 yards, 7TD Iceness predicted 35-55.

Image
User avatar
BUCKnation
RealGM
Posts: 11,579
And1: 536
Joined: Jun 15, 2011
       

Re: Giants PGT - Cowboys Lead Up 

Post#139 » by BUCKnation » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:57 am

First of all its just weed, second Shields is coming off what month 4 of concussion symptoms so he should be the kind of guy using that.
User avatar
Mags FTW
RealGM
Posts: 26,579
And1: 1,768
Joined: Feb 16, 2006
Location: Flickin' It

Re: Giants PGT - Cowboys Lead Up 

Post#140 » by Mags FTW » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:34 am

BUCKnation wrote:First of all its just weed, second Shields is coming off what month 4 of concussion symptoms so he should be the kind of guy using that.

Yes, it's just weed. Yes, it should be legal. But it just shows an insane level of stupidity and/or lack of self control if you decide to partake in it knowing it will cost you a sizable game check and a suspension. Also incredibly selfish considering your teammates depend on you.

One of the ultimate examples of instant gratification vs. long term success.
UW Head Football Coach Gary Anderson wrote:I don't know that.

Return to Green Bay Packers