ImageImage

ATL: Superbowl LI

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

User avatar
HKPackFan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,923
And1: 2,433
Joined: Jan 14, 2014
Location: Hong Kong
   

Re: ATL: Superbowl LI 

Post#301 » by HKPackFan » Thu Mar 9, 2017 4:25 am

chuckleslove wrote:
jimmybones wrote:Completely OT but thought it was cool and wanted to share. I do loan disclosures for a mortgage company and just did one for Keenan Allen. I'm in WI, won't even meet the guy, but still was cool to see the name..and other info.



I close loans and I did the signing for Justin James Watt a few years ago. Didn't put two and two together when I was printing the paperwork and it wasn't until at the closing I realized who it was :P I also did the closing for Joel Pryzbilla selling his Portland house when he signed in Milwaukee. A few others over the years too including both Brian Anderson and Alfred Schroeder(another one I didn't put two and two together until he answered the door :P).



I worked at a law firm (not criminal law) a long time ago (1999) and there was Ray Allen's name showing up on a report, he had used some services. I was so giddy.
User avatar
HKPackFan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,923
And1: 2,433
Joined: Jan 14, 2014
Location: Hong Kong
   

Re: ATL: Superbowl LI 

Post#302 » by HKPackFan » Thu Mar 9, 2017 4:29 am

HKPackFan wrote:
chuckleslove wrote:
jimmybones wrote:Completely OT but thought it was cool and wanted to share. I do loan disclosures for a mortgage company and just did one for Keenan Allen. I'm in WI, won't even meet the guy, but still was cool to see the name..and other info.



I close loans and I did the signing for Justin James Watt a few years ago. Didn't put two and two together when I was printing the paperwork and it wasn't until at the closing I realized who it was :P I also did the closing for Joel Pryzbilla selling his Portland house when he signed in Milwaukee. A few others over the years too including both Brian Anderson and Alfred Schroeder(another one I didn't put two and two together until he answered the door :P).



I worked at a law firm (not criminal law) a long time ago (1999) and there was Ray Allen's name showing up on a report, he had used some services. I was so giddy.


I also worked with JJ watt's grandfather. He used to talk about going to the grandkid's softball games and swim meets. Had no idea until much later it was the same Watt family. Here he was talking about these young grandchildren and attending all their sporting events, and those kids I heard about are now NFL players.
User avatar
jimmybones
Analyst
Posts: 3,337
And1: 390
Joined: May 29, 2009

Re: ATL: Superbowl LI 

Post#303 » by jimmybones » Thu Mar 9, 2017 1:59 pm

chuckleslove wrote:
jimmybones wrote:Completely OT but thought it was cool and wanted to share. I do loan disclosures for a mortgage company and just did one for Keenan Allen. I'm in WI, won't even meet the guy, but still was cool to see the name..and other info.



I close loans and I did the signing for Justin James Watt a few years ago. Didn't put two and two together when I was printing the paperwork and it wasn't until at the closing I realized who it was :P I also did the closing for Joel Pryzbilla selling his Portland house when he signed in Milwaukee. A few others over the years too including both Brian Anderson and Alfred Schroeder(another one I didn't put two and two together until he answered the door :P).


Nice. I used to do leasing for a place in Waukesha where some Brewers players lived. They were mostly lower level guys, Geraldo Parra was the guy making the most money by far, although if I recall, he made much more money after leaving here. Either way, he was the only one not on a league minimum contact.

I will say, it looks like Mr Allen is being very smart with his money. What he paid in San Diego doesn't get you much. But I guess that's life in the NFL knowing you could be cut or traded any day.
ArodpwnsFavre
Pro Prospect
Posts: 888
And1: 116
Joined: Oct 04, 2011
Location: Riverwest
     

Re: ATL: Superbowl LI 

Post#304 » by ArodpwnsFavre » Thu Mar 9, 2017 7:34 pm

ProFootballTalk‏Verified account @ProFootballTalk 6m6 minutes ago
Report: Alshon Jeffery leaning toward Eagles offer http://wp.me/p14QSB-agjO
User avatar
IrishRainbow
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,632
And1: 198
Joined: Oct 24, 2006
Location: @ the drawing table
     

Re: ATL: Superbowl LI 

Post#305 » by IrishRainbow » Thu Mar 9, 2017 8:55 pm

So with Brock going to CLE...that has to mean HOU has locked up a Romo trade...right? The important question is, "does this make Hops a legit WR1 once again?".
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 65,127
And1: 7,356
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
       

Re: ATL: Superbowl LI 

Post#306 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Mar 9, 2017 8:57 pm

IrishRainbow wrote:So with Brock going to CLE...that has to mean HOU has locked up a Romo trade...right? The important question is, "does this make Hops a legit WR1 once again?".


Romo's a FA.
User avatar
IrishRainbow
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,632
And1: 198
Joined: Oct 24, 2006
Location: @ the drawing table
     

Re: ATL: Superbowl LI 

Post#307 » by IrishRainbow » Thu Mar 9, 2017 8:58 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
IrishRainbow wrote:So with Brock going to CLE...that has to mean HOU has locked up a Romo trade...right? The important question is, "does this make Hops a legit WR1 once again?".


Romo's a FA.


Apparently DAL has found trade suitors and have pulled the waive process. Theory is HOU or DEN.
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 65,127
And1: 7,356
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
       

Re: ATL: Superbowl LI 

Post#308 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Mar 9, 2017 9:04 pm

IrishRainbow wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
IrishRainbow wrote:So with Brock going to CLE...that has to mean HOU has locked up a Romo trade...right? The important question is, "does this make Hops a legit WR1 once again?".


Romo's a FA.


Apparently DAL has found trade suitors and have pulled the waive process. Theory is HOU or DEN.


Hm.
User avatar
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 48,786
And1: 4,946
Joined: May 02, 2002
Location: The Craps Table
     

Re: ATL: Superbowl LI 

Post#309 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Mar 9, 2017 9:15 pm

The Texans have traded QB Brock Osweiler and his $16M salary, a second-round pick and a sixth-round selection to the Browns for a fourth-round pick, sources told ESPN.

Browns will cut Osweiler
My friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana, I said "No, but I want a regular banana later, so, yeah."
User avatar
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
Posts: 18,838
And1: 1,416
Joined: Oct 27, 2005
Location: Madison
   

Re: ATL: Superbowl LI 

Post#310 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Thu Mar 9, 2017 9:42 pm

Good move for Cleveland. Free 2nd round pick and they have the cap room to take the hit.

ETA: I read it was just a 2nd rounder along with Osweiler on another site, so I didn't notice the addition of a 6th and 4th. Still pretty much a free 2nd rounder though.
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
User avatar
IrishRainbow
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,632
And1: 198
Joined: Oct 24, 2006
Location: @ the drawing table
     

Re: ATL: Superbowl LI 

Post#311 » by IrishRainbow » Thu Mar 9, 2017 9:42 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:The Texans have traded QB Brock Osweiler and his $16M salary, a second-round pick and a sixth-round selection to the Browns for a fourth-round pick, sources told ESPN.

Browns will cut Osweiler


That makes for some expensive picks, no? How's the valuation chart look on these?
User avatar
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
Posts: 18,838
And1: 1,416
Joined: Oct 27, 2005
Location: Madison
   

Re: ATL: Superbowl LI 

Post#312 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Thu Mar 9, 2017 9:42 pm

Houston will look good for the 2 games Romo suits up next season. Then it will be back to the drawing board.
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
User avatar
M-C-G
RealGM
Posts: 13,368
And1: 3,998
Joined: Jan 13, 2013
     

Re: ATL: Superbowl LI 

Post#313 » by M-C-G » Thu Mar 9, 2017 10:03 pm

IrishRainbow wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:The Texans have traded QB Brock Osweiler and his $16M salary, a second-round pick and a sixth-round selection to the Browns for a fourth-round pick, sources told ESPN.

Browns will cut Osweiler


That makes for some expensive picks, no? How's the valuation chart look on these?


If nothing else, it likely stopped them from trading a second for Jimmy Garapolo or beating that Chicago offer on Glennon.

Something special is happening — and it’s not happening because of a couple of lucky bounces. It’s happening because my guys are for real.

JABARI PARKER

User avatar
M-C-G
RealGM
Posts: 13,368
And1: 3,998
Joined: Jan 13, 2013
     

Re: ATL: Superbowl LI 

Post#314 » by M-C-G » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:30 pm

Wowser, an actual plan in Cleveland. Very Hinkie-ish

After yesterday’s Brock Osweiler trade, the Browns now have a whopping eight picks in the first two rounds of the next two drafts, as well as the first pick in the third round this year, for a whopping nine Top 65 picks in 2017 and 2018. Here’s the full haul:

The No. 1 overall pick in 2017.

The No. 12 overall pick in 2017 (from Philadelphia).

The No. 33 overall pick in 2017.

The No. 52 overall pick in 2017 (from Tennessee).

The No. 65 overall pick in 2017.

Their own first-round pick in 2018.

Their own second-round pick in 2018.

Philadelphia’s second-round pick in 2018.

Houston’s second-round pick in 2018.

Something special is happening — and it’s not happening because of a couple of lucky bounces. It’s happening because my guys are for real.

JABARI PARKER

User avatar
WeekapaugGroove
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,149
And1: 1,919
Joined: Feb 07, 2010

Re: ATL: Superbowl LI 

Post#315 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:00 pm

I don't get the talk that the browns might cut brock. If you're paying the guy why not bring him in and see what he's got. He was bad last year but he has some talent, who knows maybe he bounces back.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
User avatar
chuckleslove
RealGM
Posts: 18,003
And1: 762
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
Location: The Banana Stand
Contact:
     

Re: ATL: Superbowl LI 

Post#316 » by chuckleslove » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:03 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:I don't get the talk that the browns might cut brock. If you're paying the guy why not bring him in and see what he's got. He was bad last year but he has some talent, who knows maybe he bounces back.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app



I was wondering if its posturing to try and get someone to trade for him but they could just sign him if he is cut so I don't know. You are right that it makes no sense to cut him.
Profound23
RealGM
Posts: 10,221
And1: 724
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
   

Re: ATL: Superbowl LI 

Post#317 » by Profound23 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:41 pm

If the Browns cut him and another team signs him, they are only on the line for the difference. Cut him and someone signs him for 1 yr 8 mil and they really only paid 8 mil for a 2nd rounder.
I just wanted you to know that, if you can hear me, if it got into your brain somehow....that I spread my butt cheeks as Mike Honcho
User avatar
crkone
RealGM
Posts: 18,596
And1: 1,923
Joined: Aug 16, 2006
     

Re: ATL: Superbowl LI 

Post#318 » by crkone » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:42 pm

Read on Twitter

Code: Select all

         -|
       -' |
     -'   | __().
==========|'\/   `.O__
                    \ `,
                   _-^.
                   `.  `---,
                     :

____________________________________
///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\
User avatar
WeekapaugGroove
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,149
And1: 1,919
Joined: Feb 07, 2010

Re: ATL: Superbowl LI 

Post#319 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:59 am

Marshall newhouse 2 yr deal with the Raiders. Hes terrible but seems like a cool guy so good for him. Keep getting those checks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
User avatar
Mags FTW
RealGM
Posts: 26,942
And1: 2,035
Joined: Feb 16, 2006
Location: Flickin' It

Re: ATL: Superbowl LI 

Post#320 » by Mags FTW » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:21 am

UW Head Football Coach Gary Anderson wrote:I don't know that.

Return to Green Bay Packers