ImageImageImage

Houston Texans Preseason Thread

Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Houston Texans Preseason Thread 

Post#1 » by Mr. E » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:04 pm

In case you missed it, the Texans preseason started last Saturday.

Don't feel too bad, tho - they missed it, too. Someone forgot to tell them that they had a scrimmage and they just got trounced! Granted, a few key players were out and JJ & JD had some good plays; but after the game the coach complained that they didn't get an opportunity to assess the kicker.

Think about that: they not only were unable to go for a point after attempt...they weren't even close enough to go for a field goal!

Well, let's see how they look on Saturday when they take on the Arizona Cardinals at 7:00 CST. I know that it is a preseason game, but I am hoping to see some signs of life from the likes of DeAndre Hopkins or (hopefully) Tom Savage. I'm also hoping that our new rookie Tight End, C.J. Fiedorowicz, gets a chance to make an impact. Of all of our incoming players he is the one that I have the highest hopes for (after JD, whom I believe will be a beast).

For those who don't like football...well, this is Houston, Texas so learn to deal with it. All Rocket and Astro talk has disappeared from the radio waves in favor of Football and that is like to be the case until preseason basketball.

Unless the Astros make a late playoff push.

But seriously, it's football season again. Go Texans!
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,115

Re: Houston Texans Preseason Thread 

Post#2 » by RaoulDuke79 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:59 pm

0-15 and counting! Apparently last season never ended, got to keep the streak alive.

I didn't think our QB play could get much worse than what we saw last year, but it only took a few minutes for Fitzpatrick to prove otherwise.

Oh well, preseason and all that stuff.

Hopefully they will show up against Atlanta and not embarrass themselves as badly as they did against Arizona.

Titties.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#3 » by Mr. E » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:00 am

I'm not in panic mode yet. It is the preseason after all.

That said, I am concerned that we're talking about "panic mode" this early in the preseason.

I still have a feeling that the team may try to make a trade for Ryan Mallet. I know that they've said that they aren't interested; but they won't claim interest unless they actually make it happen.

I'm going to be paying attention to the secondary in Saturday's game. I like what the defense has up front, but I'm not sure where we stand in the back.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
zapatasblood
General Manager
And1: 580

Post#4 » by zapatasblood » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:06 am

Not in panic mode since I know this team is bad. Change in coach and philosophy was noting to turn a 2-14 team into a 8-8 or better team. Keenum will not save the day Savage will not save the day and the light bulb will not turn on for Fitzpatrick. 10years in he is what he is. Hopefully with the upcoming 5-11 season they get a top ten and one of those four QBS
Light beer is for pregnant woman and children
"How sweet it is!" -Gene Peterson
And you never once paid for drugs Not once
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#5 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:19 am

Two nice plays in a row by Clowney, one for a sack. Welcome to Houston good sir!
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#6 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:18 am

Three holding penalties in a row on defense, fantastic. Give them more free 1st downs guys.

Also, Brandon Harris is awful.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#7 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:22 am

So many penalties...if they're going to call the games like this from now on it's going to be pretty unwatchable. May as well watch an NBA game.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#8 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:30 am

Posey good, Newton still bad.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#9 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:59 pm

Cushing and Andre are back tonight, and apparently Nix is going to play too.

No Clowney and still no Joseph or Foster either.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#10 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:17 am

Holy ****, Brandon Harris made a good play! I didn't know that was possible.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#11 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:41 am

Terrible way to end the first half but the defense(well, other than the secondary) and special teams have looked pretty good overall the last two weeks.

Peyton is one evil bastard though. It's fun thinking how the Texans probably could have signed him a few years back. Oh well.

Return to Houston Texans