ImageImageImage

It was still a great season!

RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,164

It was still a great season! 

Post#1 » by RaoulDuke79 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:02 am

As disappointing as the loss to Baltimore was, the Texans still had a great season despite numerous injuries to key players. They finally won their division, their first playoff game ever, and just came up short against Baltimore in a game they very well could have won...on the road...against a very tough and more experienced opponent.

Yates made some rookie mistakes but I still like his potential going forward. I really hope they can find another quality WR(or 2, or 3) to help Andre, especially if/when he gets hurt again. Absolutely love the Watt and Reed picks, and the Joseph/Manning signings as well. Now maybe next year they can have better luck in the health department, and continue to build on what they did this year. It was definitely a great experience for the players, and for the fans as well even if it ended a bit too soon.

It was especially nice to see Andre finally get a chance to experience the postseason and how it feels to have some success after all of the years he's played so well and worked so hard and had to suffer through mediocrity.

So in conclusion, go Texans! Kick some serious ass next season!

:wink:

P.S: Oh, and get rid of Jacoby Jones ASAP. Thanks!
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
Kal El
Rookie
And1: 0

Re: It was still a great season! 

Post#2 » by Kal El » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:30 pm

Great season, despite all the injuries and disrespect. Imagine Houston with a healthy Matt Shaub and a healthy Mario Williams. But we got to see T.J. Yates and he definitely has potential. I can't wait for the off season and I can't wait for the next season. We have a great young team and we are ready to win it all now.

Off season overlook:

QB: Shaub/ Yates/ I prefer Delhomme to stay, we'll see if he wants to retire again

RB: Foster/Tate/Ward - ward is probably the best 3rd string back in the league. if he doesn't stay we should look for one that can be a returner

FB: Casey/Vickers - Casey is dynamic. Vickers is a solid blocker but he cannot catch at all

OL: Brown, Smith, Meyers, Breisel, Winston - we have one of the best O-line in the league. we just need to solidify the depht.

WR: Andre Johnson - one of the best wide receivers in the league. he needs a solid #2
Kevin Walter - would make for a good #3 receiver
Lester Jean - has a lot of potential, lets see if he can get on the field. Some believe he can be a #2
(definitely to work on having a solid receiving core, our was pretty pathetic with Andre out most the year)
Kal El
Rookie

Post#3 » by Kal El » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:41 pm

Defense: Solid defense. We can win with this defense but there are some upgradeable position if the opportunity presents itself (CB,SS,DT)

DE: Smith/Watt, Bulman, Jamison - Watt is a great pick to say the least. he's a beast. Smith is solid. We just need to solidify depht.

DT: Cody/Mitchell - our DT position is ok but we don't really have a presence at that position. The position is definitely upgradeable.

OLB: Williams/Barwin/Reed, Braman, Nading - we need to retail Mario. a trio rotation of him and Barwin and Reed is going to lethal. We also have a pretty good depht.

MLB: Ryans/Cushing, Dobbins, Alexander - Cushing is a beast. Ryans has played injured but really came on late in the season. We need to work on depht.

CB: Joseph - probowl corner we are lucky to having him.
KJ - made great improvement from last year to this year but he still needs to improve in a big way before he is a solid #2.
Allen: is great off the bench. Can be inconsistent at covering but he does make turnovers.
McCain - Mccain has looked great this season. Great depht guy.
Harris - didn't see much action, lets see what he does year 2.
Upgrade at the corner is definitely a possibility at #2. KJ at #2 worries me, hopefully he improves.

FS: Manning - solid pick up in the off season. he's a really good safety
Nolan - is a great depth guy. when manning was out he stepped in and the defense didn't skip a beat.

SS: Demps - let me start with Demps, he is another great depth guy at safety. he is a solid player
Quin - he has been ok. Not too many mistakes but if an upgrade is available it is a position to look at.
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#4 » by Icness » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:51 pm

LOL@ get rid of Jacoby Jones!

I think even he would be surprised if he's back.

I'm doing a Texans offseason piece for another site (nflsfuture.com) and I am going to shamelessly crib from your list. We mostly agree on what the team needs to do.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
Kal El
Rookie

Post#5 » by Kal El » Sun Mar 4, 2012 5:30 pm

yeah no prob bro
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#6 » by RaoulDuke79 » Mon Mar 5, 2012 5:59 pm

The Texans and Foster have reached a deal!

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/20 ... an-foster/

Very curious to see what becomes of Mario now.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#7 » by Icness » Tue Mar 6, 2012 1:08 pm

Love the Foster deal, keeps enough $$ to bring back Myers and maybe Brisiel. I'm not a huge fan of giving RBs big deals but Foster is a special talent. If he can stay healthy...

Mario is gone. Someone is going to offer him at least $15M/yr. Say Myers signs for 4yr/$25M (which is his likely asking price). The Texans would then have about $4M left this year. i.e. they're not even in the same league for Mario.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game

Return to Houston Texans