ImageImage

Andrew Luck Overrated

Moderator: Jake0890

luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Andrew Luck Overrated 

Post#1 » by luss54321 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:15 am

26th in passer rating. 31st in completion percentage. 2nd in interceptions.
mikepacernation
Pro Prospect
And1: 44

Re: Andrew Luck Overrated 

Post#2 » by mikepacernation » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:10 am

luss54321 wrote:26th in passer rating. 31st in completion percentage. 2nd in interceptions.

As a rookie with only Reggie Wayne being the only decent receiver he had last year. And with no running back
mikepacernation
Pro Prospect

Post#3 » by mikepacernation » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:10 am

And still was able to have the rookie record for passing yard
mikepacernation
Pro Prospect

Post#4 » by mikepacernation » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:34 am

And lead numerous 4th quarter comebacks....
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,048

Post#5 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:07 pm

And still lead the team to the playoffs.... :wink:
mikepacernation
Pro Prospect

Post#6 » by mikepacernation » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:25 pm

And their head coach not being there cause he had cancer?
luss54321
Starter

Post#7 » by luss54321 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:45 pm

Week 6 update:

20th in Yards
15th in Completion percentage
17th in Touchdowns
13th in Qb rating

Improving, but still FAR from elite.

In terms of "leading his team to the playoffs" I just don't buy that. Last year (based off QB Rating) there were 25 better QBs than Luck... My guess is if you swapped Luck out for 15 or 20 of those other guys, you still would have made the playoffs. It's a team sport. Giving Luck the credit for making the playoffs, quite frankly, is disrespectful to the rest of the team. It's like saying Tebow led the Broncos to the playoffs... They made the playoffs in spite of him.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:56 pm

luss54321 wrote:Week 6 update:

20th in Yards
17th in Touchdowns
13th in Qb rating

In terms of "leading his team to the playoffs" I just don't buy that. Last year (based off QB Rating) there were 25 better QBs than Luck... My guess is if you swapped Luck out for 15 or 20 of those other guys, you still would have made the playoffs. It's a team sport. Giving Luck the credit for making the playoffs, quite frankly, is disrespectful to the rest of the team. It's like saying Tebow led the Broncos to the playoffs... They made the playoffs in spite of him.

Wow. Sorry. You're just wrong. What he did with that roster last year and putting that team on his back was simply amazing.

If you'd like to think he's around the 20th best qb in the league, go for it. It just makes it very clear how poor your scouting or football acumen is. Yeah, it's a team game, but in the NFL, you have to have that QB in place to really win and turn around a team like that after a complete tear down and rebuild. Ask Cleveland fans about a QB. Or Houston, Jacksonville, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
luss54321
Starter

Post#9 » by luss54321 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:52 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:

20th in Yards
17th in Touchdowns
13th in Qb rating

Wow. Sorry. You're just wrong. What he did with that roster last year and putting that team on his back was simply amazing.

If you'd like to think he's around the 20th best qb in the league, go for it. It just makes it very clear how poor your scouting or football acumen is. Yeah, it's a team game, but in the NFL, you have to have that QB in place to really win and turn around a team like that after a complete tear down and rebuild. Ask Cleveland fans about a QB. Or Houston, Jacksonville, etc.

W Cleveland: 74.8 passer rating (0 TD, 0 INT, 55% completion)
W Buffalo: 71.9 passer rating (1 TD, 1 INT, 54% completion)
W Detroit: 70.8 passer rating (4 TD, 3 INT, 44% completion)
W Tennessee: 50.6 passer rating (1 TD, 2 INT, 47% completion)
W Kansas City: 76.5 passer rating (1 TD, 0 INT, 48% completion)

You're really going to tell me Andrew Luck won those games for you? He played terrible in every single one of those wins. He may have led a 4th quarter comeback, but they never would have needed a comeback if he didn't play so awful the first 3 quarters of the game. The numbers don't lie. You won those games IN SPITE of Andrew Luck.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:35 pm

luss54321 wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

20th in Yards
17th in Touchdowns
13th in Qb rating

W Cleveland: 74.8 passer rating (0 TD, 0 INT, 55% completion)
W Buffalo: 71.9 passer rating (1 TD, 1 INT, 54% completion)
W Detroit: 70.8 passer rating (4 TD, 3 INT, 44% completion)
W Tennessee: 50.6 passer rating (1 TD, 2 INT, 47% completion)
W Kansas City: 76.5 passer rating (1 TD, 0 INT, 48% completion)

You're really going to tell me Andrew Luck won those games for you? He played terrible in every single one of those wins. He may have led a 4th quarter comeback, but they never would have needed a comeback if he didn't play so awful the first 3 quarters of the game. The numbers don't lie. You won those games IN SPITE of Andrew Luck.

Ah, cool. Which team are you a fan of, and what draft pick are you here to offer us for our QB. Obviously, Luck is the worst young player to ever play the game, yet you'll probably take him off our hands for us, eh?

Think what you want. You're just so obviously wrong, it's quite funny. You want to argue he's lesser than Kaepernick, RG3, Wilson, go for it. But to say he's about the 20th-25th best QB in the NFL? Silly, and ruins your credibility.
luss54321
Starter

Post#11 » by luss54321 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:48 pm

Now obviously it's a matter of opinion. I'm not a Colts fan so I'm unbiased. Here are 17 QBs that RIGHT NOW are better than Andrew Luck IMO. You might not agree with every player I chose, but there's no doubt that every one of them, at the very least, is ARGUABLY better than Luck. I think Luck will be a very good player, he's just not there yet. Last year he had the 26th best passer rating in the league, that's a fact.

P. Manning
Brees
Rodgers
E. Manning
Romo
Rivers
Brady
Griffin
Bradford
Wilson
Kapernick
Ryan
Flacco
Stafford
Roethlisberger
Newton
Smith
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:49 am

luss54321 wrote:Now obviously it's a matter of opinion. I'm not a Colts fan so I'm unbiased. Here are 17 QBs that RIGHT NOW are better than Andrew Luck IMO. You might not agree with every player I chose, but there's no doubt that every one of them, at the very least, is ARGUABLY better than Luck. I think Luck will be a very good player, he's just not there yet. Last year he had the 26th best passer rating in the league, that's a fact.

P. Manning
Brees
Rodgers
E. Manning
Romo
Rivers
Brady
Griffin
Bradford
Wilson
Kapernick
Ryan
Flacco
Stafford
Roethlisberger
Newton
Smith

Yeah, and passer rating means very little. Ya know, Luck's passer rating his rookie year was 5 points higher than Manning's was his rookie year. I guess that means that Andrew luck will be that much better than Peyton! John Elway had a career passer rating below 80. He musta sucked! Trent Green and Brian Griese had passer ratings over 100....why aren't they in the ball of fame yet?

Put your faith 100% in a flawed stat like passer rating and you'll have flawed assumptions. Watch the games and measure their abilities, results, leadership, will to win, etc, and you'll see a more accurate picture.

mikepacernation
Pro Prospect

Post#13 » by mikepacernation » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:44 pm

How about that game against the broncos? 4 total touchdowns and no picks? Pretty good to me
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,053

Post#14 » by Wizop » Tue Nov 5, 2013 8:45 pm

too bad it took a troll to get some traffic on this forum.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
dr0welf
Analyst
And1: 775

Post#15 » by dr0welf » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:31 am

luss54321 wrote:Now obviously it's a matter of opinion. I'm not a Colts fan so I'm unbiased. Here are 17 QBs that RIGHT NOW are better than Andrew Luck IMO. You might not agree with every player I chose, but there's no doubt that every one of them, at the very least, is ARGUABLY better than Luck. I think Luck will be a very good player, he's just not there yet. Last year he had the 26th best passer rating in the league, that's a fact.

P. Manning
Brees
Rodgers
E. Manning
Romo
Rivers
Brady
Griffin
Bradford
Wilson
Kapernick
Ryan
Flacco
Stafford
Roethlisberger
Newton
Smith

Don't mean to troll, but as an unbiased fan of football, I would take Luck over most of those listed here. If you had these QB's plus Luck in a draft and each team got to pick, no way Luck goes last. You guys have a great QB with lots of room for growth. Last year he might not of put up as good of stats, but long term their is no competition. Good Luck this year.
BigBlue
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#16 » by BigBlue » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:26 am

I don't think Luck looked healthy at all last year. He put up big numbers, but his passes didn't seem to have any zip on them. I think it is impressive for a guy with a messed up shoulder to put up those numbers. Hopefully, he gets back to full strength and shows all the doubters wrong. I think a lot of the talking heads are going to be eating crow.

Return to Indianapolis Colts