ImageImageImage

Offseason Ideas

MiamiNative0722
Banned User
And1: 0

Offseason Ideas 

Post#1 » by MiamiNative0722 » Thu Dec 9, 2010 5:54 pm

I'm pretty much counting us out for this year so i wanted to make a topic of scenario's of ideas of who to draft or to trade for during the offseason

The best scenario ive heard so far is, trade our 3rd round draft pick for Jimmy Clausen to Carolina, Carolina will probably get the top pick and select Andrew Luck so that could work, next with our mediocre draft pick we can pick up a running back like Mark Ingram,

sure we wont have a pick till the 4th round but i think that is the best we can do with a 1st and 3rd pick and that could solve our QB and RB problems for a long time

Discuss.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,626

Re: Offseason Ideas 

Post#2 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:42 pm

It doesn't look like Chad Henne is going to be the answer at QB for us but I don't think we have a choice in the matter. I don't see us drafting his replacement next draft but I do see us going after a veteran as yet another stop gap QB for a year or two. While i'm not totally ruling Henne out I just don't think he does it unless he finishes this year strong. Carson Palmer might be an option if Cincy decides to cut him.
StrawberryShake
Banned User

Post#3 » by StrawberryShake » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:37 am

1. I think we need solid QB play immediately. This team is one good qb away from being amongst the elite. Are defense is already there but our offense was horrible this year. Not the players just the play-calling and QB play. So bringing in Clausen would be just another experiment like Henne. I like Henne but hes done. This team gave him 2 years to improve and we didn't see much of it. My best bet will be that we pick up mcnabb or carson palmer.

2. Draft- I like Mark Ingram, seeing that rickys aging or an OL. I heard rumors that we will get cam newton, id think he'd be an interesting pick up if he would fall to the 2nd round (mark ingram/ronnie brown/newton) would be scary lining up on wildcat. We could use another receiver, not too much big plays from our WRs this year. maybe chad ochocinco?
JSB
Sophomore

Post#4 » by JSB » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:33 am

Mcnab is he gets cut?
MiamiNative0722
Banned User

Post#5 » by MiamiNative0722 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:20 am

We don't have a second round pick, we traded it for Marshall, qb's that might be dropped, mcnabb or Carson Palmer
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach
And1: 1,992

Post#6 » by TheOGJabroni » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:05 am

I'd like McNabb or Palmer if either are cut. Maybe even Vince Young, he might just need a change of scenery. In the draft, I'd look at QB if we aren't planning to sign one in FA. Mallett would be tremendous. So would Newton if we have a QB we feel comfortable with going into next year because he won't be ready yet. Basically, a QB has to be first on our list of positions to improve.

As for the coaching staff/FO, I'm hoping they are all gone next year.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,626

Post#7 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:13 pm

Mallett if we are looking for a QB. I think he's NFL ready. The free agent class of QB's is pretty weak although Carson Palmer or McNabb might be worth a look. Either one might be available.
Lconte17
Senior

Post#8 » by Lconte17 » Thu Jan 6, 2011 3:29 pm

I want nothing to do with McNabb or Palmer. I swear if the fins get one of these guys I will have to choose a new team to root for.

I say trade for Vince Young then we can draft Ingram in the first round and you have a pretty nasty offensive line up starting to form. If we can not get Vince, i say we target a QB in the first even if we need to move up a few spots to get one. I like Luck (who obviously wont be there) Mallet and Newton. I really would be stoked to get Newton. I think if the fins stick with the wildcat, having newton as the qb is beneficial. If the fins move away from wildcat, which would cause us to get a new coach, Mallet would be the pick for me.
MiamiNative0722
Banned User

Post#9 » by MiamiNative0722 » Thu Jan 6, 2011 3:43 pm

Lol things are looking much better for us with Stephen Ross, anyone think if we get harbaugh we might go for a solid qb in the draft?
JSB
Sophomore

Post#10 » by JSB » Thu Jan 6, 2011 6:44 pm

Id love vince young even as a back up. Better then henne and tyler.

Return to Miami Dolphins