The Miami Dolphins are......

Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

The Miami Dolphins are...... 

Post#1 » by Flash3 » Fri Jan 7, 2011 3:20 pm

..........a hopeless franchise. :(
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
MiamiNative0722
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: The Miami Dolphins are...... 

Post#2 » by MiamiNative0722 » Fri Jan 7, 2011 6:18 pm

A week ago I bet no one felt sparano was the problem, sure I'm upset we didn't get harbaugh but we had much bigger issues that we can definitely resolve

I say sign deangelo Williams and go for mallet or locker first round
Carlos4Heat
Bench Warmer
And1: 8

Post#3 » by Carlos4Heat » Fri Jan 7, 2011 7:44 pm

MiamiNative0722 wrote:A week ago I bet no one felt sparano was the problem, sure I'm upset we didn't get harbaugh but we had much bigger issues that we can definitely resolve

I say sign deangelo Williams and go for mallet or locker first round

He is one of many problems within the organization.

I never was enthused by his hire.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,203

Post#4 » by Heat3 » Sat Jan 8, 2011 12:14 am

a joke! What a disgrace. What was once a storied franchise. One of the classiest in sports Now we're lower than the scum under the orange carpet.

I don't want Sparano as coach as coach but he's been treated like crap! The man ought to have some pride in himself and just walk away from the joke and screw the Fins even more. At the very least he should demand $8M/yr to stay just to screw them :lol:
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

Tony Fiorentino
Senior
And1: 526

Post#5 » by Tony Fiorentino » Sun Sep 4, 2011 10:07 am

Heat3 wrote:a joke! What a disgrace. What was once a storied franchise. One of the classiest in sports Now we're lower than the scum under the orange carpet.

I don't want Sparano as coach as coach but he's been treated like crap! The man ought to have some pride in himself and just walk away from the joke and screw the Fins even more. At the very least he should demand $8M/yr to stay just to screw them :lol:

This is not funny
:(
Yeah Baby!
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,509

Post#6 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Wed Sep 7, 2011 5:31 am

I've been a Dolphins fan since I was seven years old (1988) and the common theme that I have witnessed over the years is a 3/4 attempt at building great teams. We always seem to ignore a major area and go with good at all other spots.
Also... I have watched countless drafts where this franchise passes on franchise type players that end up being pro bowlers with other teams. No QB's ever taken in the first round. I love Jake Long but I really think we should have taken Matt Ryan. I was never a full fledge fan of Ronnie Brown either. Aaron Rodgers would have been great here.
How about the time we passed on Drew Brees and awarded a massive contract to former NFL QB Daunte Culpepper.
It's things like that, that have really pissed me off over the years.
I honestly don't think we have it right with Chad Henne either. Again I like him, watched him in college but it's now or never for him in my opinion.
It's starts with a franchise QB. Until that happens we wont be winning any playoff games.
DrKnick
Starter
And1: 580

Post#7 » by DrKnick » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:02 am

The current organization is a big mess. An owner who has no clue running a football team and making PR moves to spark up fan interest - which is definitely not working. A conservative GM who lacks an eye for talent and makes "safe" decisions. And a coach who's a hypocritical coward and does things in order to keep his job. I hope this team tank this season and Ross realize something - be a better owner and fire the coaching staff and GM. Hopefully, we can get the 1st draft pick and use it on drafting Andrew Luck.

The past years and drafts really killed us. Before 2007, we had the chance to draft Brees and Aaron Rodgers. Then we had the second chance getting Brees as a FA but blew it. Later, drafting Ted Ginn instead of Brady Quinn. Then, drafting Jake Long and not Matt Ryan.

For some reason, the players, we once drafted or signed with the Dolphins, that went to play for another team goes to haunt us once they play against us. For example, Wes Welker.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#8 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:45 am

I wouldn't say it's so much former Dolphins that come back to haunt us. Wes Welker is the really the only one that comes to mind for me. In my opinion it's the players we clearly should have drafted that we passed on over the years. Guys that were mentioned above like Brees, Rodgers, and Brady Quinn. Jake Long over Matt Ryan is justied due to Longs production thus far.
DrKnick
Starter

Post#9 » by DrKnick » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:25 pm

Vontae Davis over **** Clay Matthews when the Phins needed an OLB. I got no idea why the Dolphins drafted Mike Pouncey.
JSB
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#10 » by JSB » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:08 pm

Dolphins are still my team.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#11 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:49 pm

It's too early to point fingers and cry like babies. It's a long year and while I don't think we make the playoffs I don't see us as a hopeless franchise. Vonta Davis is a great player and will get better because of what he's went through these past two weeks. Our defense just faced the two hottest QB's in the game the last three seasons. Shaub has quietly become a great QB with the best WR to throw to in the game.
I will only worry if the Browns torch us next week because I consider us on the same level as them. Two young up and coming teams.
DrKnick
Starter

Post#12 » by DrKnick » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:58 pm

I'm fine with a losing season. I don't even mind a 0-16 season. As long, the Dolphins gets a top 5 draft pick and Ross fire Sparano and Ireland. I don't think the players want to play for a lame duck coach. Sorry for being a lousy fan but I'm hoping the Dolphins come home with a 0-5 record so things get crazy. With Jason Taylor, a cancer in the locker room, things will get worse which I'm hoping for.

Return to Miami Dolphins