ImageImageImage

Looking into next year's season

jordannets8
Ballboy
And1: 0

Looking into next year's season 

Post#1 » by jordannets8 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:26 pm

Since this season is a complete disaster for The Fins I think theres nothing left to do but look into next year.. We already have the Suck for Luck Campaign but since the dolphins believe thats ridiculous and will take themselves out of that supposedly.. what other options are there? the obvious one is to get rid of that awful coach tony sparano who makes the dumbest decisions i ever seen.. What quarterbacks will be available next year? Coaches? Safties? Better offensive and defensive players?
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,447

Re: Looking into next year's season 

Post#2 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Tue Nov 1, 2011 7:01 pm

As far as QB's go I am 99% sure that we will draft one in the draft. Even if we miss out on Luck (which I think will happen due to the Colts sucking worse than us) I still think we draft a QB. Matt Barkley and Landry Jones will still be available. Both are decent consolation prizes to Luck in my opinion.
The free agent list of QB's looks scarier that the cold hard fact of us missing out on Luck so I wont even go there.
Offensively I think we are standing pat at running back and reciever, although it would be sweet to see Matt Forte in the backfield next year. I doubt we sign any big name recievers despite the availability of so many good young ones like Jerome Simpson from Cincy.
The tight ends that will be available that I like are Finley from Green bay (likely to be franchised), Fred Davis from the Skins and Visanthe Shiancoe from Minny. Others worth a look would be Scott Chandler from the Bills and of course Martellus Bennett from the Dallas Cowboys.
As for linemen Carl Nicks tops my list and is probably the prize free agent lineman in free agency. The Saints might have to let him walk just so they can lock up Brees and Robert Meachem. I also like Benn Grugg from Baltimore. Veteran Bobby Williams from Cincy or Jacob Bell would be nice too. I honestly think this is where we improve the most next season through free agency. There is a plethora of good linemen available.

Defensively Robert Mathis and Cliff Avril top the list of the best defensive lineman players available while Mario Williams and Curtis Lofton lead the list for Linebackers. I personally have my eye set on Dan Connor from Carolina as a reasonable replacement for Kevin Burnett. London Fletcher and Dqwell Jackson, and EJ Henderson all veterans would be nice too.

At defensive back I have put in an order for Brett Grimes from Atlanta. He is the playmaker we are lacking in the secondary and would be a great compliment to Vonta Davis moving forward. Cortland Finnegan and Marcus Trufant should be worth a look as well.
Our free safety situation is dreadful to say the least. I wont hold my breathe for Chris Harris or Tom Zbikowski but both would still be upgrades over Reshad Jones and Chris Clemons.
Hope this helps.
DrKnick
Starter
And1: 580

Post#3 » by DrKnick » Fri Nov 4, 2011 8:20 pm

QB is the main situation for the next year's draft. Hopefully Luck lands in Miami.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,447

Post#4 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Fri Nov 4, 2011 9:15 pm

It's Luck or bust for me. Robert Griffin is the only other QB I have any love for.
Landry Jones looks questionable to me and Matt Barkley is simply from the USC university where the QB's there generally don't translate well to the NFL.

Return to Miami Dolphins