ImageImageImage

dolphins offseason plans

Altered_Beast
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,634

dolphins offseason plans 

Post#1 » by Altered_Beast » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:20 pm

all right guys after a disappointing first half of the year i think the dolphins played really well the last 8 games. there are a lot of positive things that we can carry over into next season and hopefully we make a playoff run next season. at least a wild card spot and i will be happy.

1st things first. our running game looks set for next season. bush had a terrific year averaging over 5.0 yards a carry and thomas should be free of those lingering hamstring injuries that plagued him all year.

our run defense is superb. we will be switching to a 4-3 under philbin and i can see us having a giants like pass rush which ill get discuss later.

so now that we have philbin our HC, sherman as OC and coyle as DC we can get a glimpse at whats to come. these are no nonsense EXPERIENCED coaches. i love the coyle hire, he has been coaching one of the best secondaries in all of football for the past few years and hopefully he can maximize some of the athleticism and talent we have back there.

now what all dolphins fans want to know is are we gonna trade up for rg3. bare with me here but i think that it will be a bad decision to draft rg3 and give away so much picks/players. i just dont think the guy is gonna be a star in this league. yeah he was very successful in college but hes a Big 12 QB playing in a very different style of offense. yeah, yeah we can look at what cam did this year but whats most important is that carolina is rebuilding around cam. dolphins are in no position to rebuild we have the talent to win NOW!!!

i think a high priority for us would be to get someone like peyton manning if colts cut ties. that would make us instant contenders as im sure sherman and phibin would build an offense tailored around mannings strengths and style.

alot of people are saying we go after flynn. that is also a viable option. youd like to see more game of his but philbin has high praise and hed be a instant fit here having been coached by him in GB.

so i say with our 8th pick this year we go after a pass rushing DE. in this league getting after the quarterback is key. especially if we can just put 4 guys down and not have to blitz the LBS, it would be a game changer for us. especially against the patriots who like to spam mid range dink and dunks and just jab there way towards the endzone. if we have a succesful 4 man rush it gives our LBs space to cover the middle of the field and our safeties wont be exposed as much (we have arguably one of the worst safety tandems in the nfl)

i say we should select quentin coples who is a beast of a DE who struggles some this year due to switching to a 3-4, but we will be a 4-3 this year so hed be more comfortable.

in the second round we should look to get a RT or RG. i thought lydon murtha played outstanding in the preseason before he got hurt so maybe he comes back to camp with some fire and he is good enough to be our starting RT and jerry would play RG (his natural positioon). i believe that is a solid o-line.

so for our 2nd round pick hopefully dwayne allen of clemson slips to the 2nd and then we can trade up to get him. maybe fasano+ a 5th rounder.

in FA we should look to pick up a safety since bell is almost certainly gone. hopefully we can get michael griffin who is a stud. if we get manning we should definitely look to get pierre garcon a south florida native. so our roster would look like this with all key moves

QB: (Manning/Flynn)/Moore/Devlin
RB: Bush/Thomas/Hilliard
FB:Clay/Hilliard
TE: Allen/Clay/Yeatman
LT: Long
LG: Incognito
C: Pouncey
RG: Jerry
RT: Murtha
WR: Marshall/Garcon/Bess/Hartline/Gates

DE:Wake/Coples
DT:Odrick/Starks