ImageImageImage

OT: Fins Free Agency

MiaFLSurf
RealGM
And1: 2,551

Re: OT: Fins Free Agency 

Post#41 » by MiaFLSurf » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:47 pm

Keller is a nice 1 year deal to see if he can still play - I still think we need to explore a young TE - I was hoping Clay would pan out - we all know Egnew is a turd.

Gibson is a great signing. hes a Davone Bess type player but bigger (six feet). Bess may be on the way out - I cant see us paying him almost 3million a year to be a 4th WR....
Altered_Beast
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,634

Post#42 » by Altered_Beast » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:04 am

MiaFLSurf wrote:Keller is a nice 1 year deal to see if he can still play - I still think we need to explore a young TE - I was hoping Clay would pan out - we all know Egnew is a turd.

Gibson is a great signing. hes a Davone Bess type player but bigger (six feet). Bess may be on the way out - I cant see us paying him almost 3million a year to be a 4th WR....

like the gibson pickup but keller sucks. for a year i guess he cant hurt. that means were gonna draft some dbs we already cleared up our receivers

"A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
mopper8
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,868

Post#43 » by mopper8 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:06 am

BFRESH44 wrote:
mopper8 wrote:Dumervil is a FA. Good pass rusher, from Miami originally, but I'm not sure how he fits our scheme. He's more of a 4-3 guy, no?

Thoughts? Could he work in a 3-4? Will we be interested?

The Dolphins actually run a 43. And on the contray Dumervil is more of a 34, OLB type, as opposed to a 43 hand in the ground type.

He's a good player and could make the adjustment to either system, though. It's hilarious how his agent pulled a Bill Duffy/Anthony Carter on him lol.

Broncos base was a 4-3 this year and he was a 4-3 end in college. However, Denver did have some 3-4 packages, and he did have his bests season in the 3-4.

Didn't get to watch much Dolphins this season though, lol, and didn't realize they've gone back to a 4-3.
DragicTime85 wrote:[Ric Bucher] has a tiny wiener and I can prove it.
mopper8
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#44 » by mopper8 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:07 am

Altered_Beast wrote:
MiaFLSurf wrote:Keller is a nice 1 year deal to see if he can still play - I still think we need to explore a young TE - I was hoping Clay would pan out - we all know Egnew is a turd.

like the gibson pickup but keller sucks. for a year i guess he cant hurt. that means were gonna draft some dbs we already cleared up our receivers

Yeah not a fan of Keller, would like to see them draft someone. Only a 1yr deal so I assume they're not thinking he's the long term answer
Altered_Beast
Assistant Coach

Post#45 » by Altered_Beast » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:17 am

hoping we can resign long

in the draft a dream scenario for me would be trading bess (i know hes a fan favorite but gibson looks solid) for a 3rd rounder. trading down to 17-20 in the draft and gettin tavon austin.
wallace/hartline/gibson/austin/miller/keller (the touchdowns score themselves)

then well have 2 great 2nd round picks to play with. for sure look at DB, maybe a guy like david amerson from NC state can be had in the 2nd (deep class for db's). hes a lot like sean smith but unlike sean the guy can catch. hes a turnover machine nabbing 18 interceptions in 3 seasons. another cb we can look at in the 2nd is mathieu. i find it ridiculous how people think this guy is gonna be a scrub at the next level. just cause he smoked some bud? guy is a proven playmaker and deon sanders (greatest cb ever had absolute praise for him saying he matched up with patrick peterson on the field). 3rd round obviously we can use to get some offensive line and pass rush help.

Pimpwerx
Banned User
And1: 78

Post#46 » by Pimpwerx » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:57 am

I'm pretty stoked.

Like:
- Looks like we have a decent receiving corp. I assume Wallace and Hartline line up wide and Gibson in the slot. I wouldn't mind running Hartline in the slot, as I think he could put up Welker numbers at that position.
- Sounds like Jake Long is still possible to return. That would be nice to have him at LT and an improved Martin at RT, with Pouncey at C. We'd finally have a solid line...finally.

Don't like:
- Daniel Thomas as the primary back. I don't mind Lamar Miller, as he showed some signs of being solid. However, Thomas fumbles too much, and gets injured easily. Oh...and he sucks at short-yardage, which is what he was brought in for. I wish we found a way to keep Reggie. With our receivers, we'd be able to put up Super Bowl Rams offensive numbers. Bush would be the new Faulk. PEACE.
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#47 » by GameTime_3 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:36 pm

Loving this team right now. Young LB's, D-Line, Young Fast WR Core, Young QB, Young O-Line...The only thing that needs tweaking is RB,TE,CB & OT. But RB are the easiest thing to find, we have 3 TE tnat have something to prove and our CB position will be filled. Ireland has put this team in a position to be succesful going forward instead of signing 30 year olds.
mopper8
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#48 » by mopper8 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:32 pm

Is Thomas going to be the primary back? I was actually under the impression that they were making room for Miller, who IMO is a baller.

Also never loved Reggie Bush anyway, not gonna miss him.
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,122

Post#49 » by dolphinatik » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:47 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1570 ... ree-agency

If our picks end up anything like this bleacher report I will be a happy happy dolphan.

summary:
Round 1, Pick 12 Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
Round 2, Pick 42 Brandon Jenkins, DE, Florida State
Round 2, Pick 54 Kyle Long, OT, Oregon (Love this pick)
Round 3, Pick 77 Gerald Hodges, OLB, Penn State
Round 3, Pick 82 Michael Williams, TE, Alabama
Round 4, Pick 14 Terry Hawthorne, CB, Illinois
Round 5, Pick 13 Mike Gillislee, RB, Florida (Love this pick)
Round 7, Pick 11 Jamal Miles, WR, Arizona State
Round 7, Pick 18 Earl Wolff, SS, N.C. State

Lets face it this new Dolphine regime is about business not emotion. Tough call on Jake Long but it was the right one since the last two seasons he has been declining in production and injuries. I wanted to keep Bush but Lamar Miller is capable also. Lets hope for a great draft and maybe Dummervil
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
Pimpwerx
Banned User
And1: 78

Post#50 » by Pimpwerx » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:43 am

I'm prepared for us to draft a lineman with our first pick. Ireland has shown some signs of improvement, but I'm skeptical until he actually puts a winning team on the field. PEACE.
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#51 » by GameTime_3 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:33 am

I would love to see Mike James on Fins. Lamar & Mike teaming up in the pro's. I'm thinking 4th-5th rounder would be solid.
Altered_Beast
Assistant Coach

Post#52 » by Altered_Beast » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:11 am

GameTime_3 wrote:I would love to see Mike James on Fins. Lamar & Mike teaming up in the pro's. I'm thinking 4th-5th rounder would be solid.

would be great and then we get the DUKE in 2 years

dolphinatik
Head Coach

Post#53 » by dolphinatik » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:09 pm

liking our picks so far except that second CB, i guess he can be ok he is an over aggressive CB we seem to always draft one of those guys. Love the first pick and the TE pick was spot on. Looks like we are getting best available which means if we win this year our team will be getting better every year by stocking these athletes.
dolphinatik
Head Coach

Post#54 » by dolphinatik » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:31 pm

called the Gillesle pick. this is shaping up to be one of the top 5 Dolphins drafts ever
Altered_Beast
Assistant Coach

Post#55 » by Altered_Beast » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:54 pm

this thread needs to be moved to the heat boards

anyway.

like our draft, not sure about the jelani jenkins pick or the will davis in the third.

hopefully winston is still interested, thatll make my feelings for next season much better seeing we have a peanut gallery at the tackle positions

WD
RealGM
And1: 3,228

Post#56 » by WD » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:11 pm

Miami Dolphins sign former Titans receiver Damian Williams

The Miami Dolphins continue shopping for receiver depth, signing former Tennessee Titans standout Damian Williams to a one-year deal reportedly worth $800,000 on Thursday.

Williams, a former USC standout the Titans selected in the third round of the 2010 draft, has started 17 of the 54 NFL games he's played the past four seasons. His best season was in 2011 when the 25-year-old caught 45 passes for 592 yards and scored five touchdowns.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 5201.story
#HEATLifer
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,099

Post#57 » by twix2500 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:14 am

Dolphins trades away a young elite talent in order to sign four 30 and older players. Gore, Kilgore, Amendola and Sitton.
Great
Bench Warmer
And1: 65

Post#58 » by Great » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:40 pm

Great
Bench Warmer
And1: 65

Post#59 » by Great » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:52 pm

Great
Bench Warmer