ImageImageImage

Ted Ginn's Disturbing Stat

unowen85
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,830

Ted Ginn's Disturbing Stat 

Post#1 » by unowen85 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:31 pm

Disturbing: Of Ted Ginn Jr.'s 134 receiving yards in two games (13 catches), only 1 yard has come after the catch, according to statspass.com. ``He's progressing, but not at the pace you would like to see,'' former Dolphins receiver Nat Moore said. Ginn did not catch two potential touchdown passes Monday, and ``if he is going to be a big receiver, he has to be able to make those catches,'' Moore said. ``He could do a much better job of yards after the catch. You get in the habit where you catch on the sidelines and step out. He's finding more holes, making plays, but not making big plays.''

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/columnists/barry-jackson/story/1246620.html

0.08 yards after catch per catch. How is this possible?
For a long time it gave me nightmares,witnessing an injustice like that.It’s a constant reminder of just how unfair this world can be.I can still hear them taunting him, Silly Rabbit tricks are for kids.I mean why couldn’t they just give him some cereal?
MadPT
Sixth Man
And1: 2

Re: Ted Ginn's Disturbing Stat 

Post#2 » by MadPT » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:40 pm

Really, really, easy answer – Ginn is afraid to get hit. I was watching the Monday game with my friend who is a big time Browns and OSU fan. I was telling him before the game I am so sick of watching Ginn on the Dolphins because even though he is our most dangerous receiver I don’t want to watch him constantly dive out of bounds or fall to the ground like a little girl on the field, and even worse run straight out of bounds on kickoff returns. He thought I was crazy because Ginn didn’t do that in college and I told him, one Ginn didn’t get hit in college and, two BIG difference getting hit in NFL.

Ok long story short the OSU fan was apologizing to me after the game because he said he really didn’t believe me until he saw it, and he was actually yelling at the TV (lol)because he saw Ginn in the 4th quarter catch the ball and fall to the ground then jump out of bounds on the next drive. It was with 1:33 left that Ginn ran backwards out of bounds making 2nd and 1 instead of a first down. That bothered me more than the drop in the end zone because honestly I wouldn’t expect him to make a catch where he has to go up and get it with a defender on him.

Now, even after that rant I have to say in Ginn’s defense if he had a quarterback that had an arm he would have more YAC. Simply because between last year and these two games there have been a number of times he has had a full step over the top of the whole defense so he no longer has to worry about getting hit and CP flat out can’t get it to him.
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#3 » by GameTime_3 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:22 pm

Something is wrong with those numbers. One of his catches he caught a pass at the line of scrimmage and ran for 3 yards. So right there, they missed something, but most of his catchs were come back routes and didnt allow him to run after the catch. I love how Ginn gets killed but Chad P's lack of time mangement and arm get a bye.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#4 » by Flash3 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:55 pm

^^What's missing is Ginn's manhood.
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
salqaddoumi
Lead Assistant
And1: 7

Post#5 » by salqaddoumi » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:06 am

Does that stat really surprise anyone?

Ginn is not even close to being a #1 in this league.
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach
And1: 1,992

Post#6 » by TheOGJabroni » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:22 pm

salqaddoumi wrote:Does that stat really surprise anyone?

Ginn is not even close to being a #1 in this league.

This and many YAC come from deep balls where receivers beat their defenders and obviously get many more yards after. That isn't possible really with Pennington's arm. Although I like Pennington and hate to see Henne playing now, I would definitely expect that stat to go up.

But it's true, we definitely need a true #1 receiver.

Return to Miami Dolphins