ImageImageImage

Fantasy Football Thread

Moderator: Worm Guts

Twolf16
Rookie
And1: 89

Re: Fantasy Football Thread 

Post#21 » by Twolf16 » Sat Oct 4, 2014 9:26 pm

Just got Patterson for Wheaton, so I'll consider that a win.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#22 » by The J Rocka » Sun Oct 5, 2014 11:38 pm

Twolf16 wrote:Roddy White vs Giants D
Michael Floyd vs Broncos D
Eddie Royal vs Jets D

Looks like none of them were winners this week.
Twolf16
Rookie

Post#23 » by Twolf16 » Mon Oct 6, 2014 1:36 am

The J Rocka wrote:
Twolf16 wrote:Roddy White vs Giants D
Michael Floyd vs Broncos D
Eddie Royal vs Jets D

Looks like none of them were winners this week.

Yep, bad bad day today. Two of my starters underperformed big time, but one of the worst players in the league had all of her players do great. She ended on 185 points PPR league.

Twolf16
Rookie

Post#24 » by Twolf16 » Tue Oct 7, 2014 9:33 pm

What do y'all think of this?

I send out Andre Ellington and receive Doug Martin and Desean Jackson.
My current RBs are, Giovani Bernard, Ellington, Fred Jackson, and Lorenzo Taliofero (who will be dropped soon)

My WR are Cobb, Roddy White, Eddie Royal, Mike Floyd, and Patterson.
I'm hesitant because running backs are limited but my WR core isn't actually that great.

hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,545

Post#25 » by hermes » Tue Oct 7, 2014 10:35 pm

is it a ppr league?

jackson seems to be a big target in washington so i would expect things to continue well for him. martin has kind of been down but i think he can bounce back (nothing to base that on but there you go)

i don't really have a reason to be down on ellington, i've liked him the whole year but this seems like a good opportunity to get some nice value for him (assuming you're bullish on martin and jackson) plus having jackson could give you a chance to flip royal, floyd or patterson for a lower tier rb that you might like to surprise in the second half of the year or something
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,472

Post#26 » by Worm Guts » Tue Oct 7, 2014 11:34 pm

I just wanted to complain about Harvin having 3 TD's called back yesterday, my entire fantasy season has been terrible.
Twolf16
Rookie

Post#27 » by Twolf16 » Tue Oct 7, 2014 11:59 pm

Worm Guts wrote:I just wanted to complain about Harvin having 3 TD's called back yesterday, my entire fantasy season has been terrible.

Seen that! 3 TD's, that is absolutely crazy!

Twolf16
Rookie

Post#28 » by Twolf16 » Wed Oct 8, 2014 12:07 am

hermes wrote:is it a ppr league?

jackson seems to be a big target in washington so i would expect things to continue well for him. martin has kind of been down but i think he can bounce back (nothing to base that on but there you go)

i don't really have a reason to be down on ellington, i've liked him the whole year but this seems like a good opportunity to get some nice value for him (assuming you're bullish on martin and jackson) plus having jackson could give you a chance to flip royal, floyd or patterson for a lower tier rb that you might like to surprise in the second half of the year or something

That's the thing, Ellington has been solid, not great, but solid-which is more than what Martin has been and I don't know enough to see if he can turn it around. But then again, Ellington has had that foot injury and with no qb, the run game may be completely shut down.

Think I'm going to wait to see if I can get either Branden Oliver or Andre Williams before I make a move. Would be nice to flip Floyd, Patterson, or Royal for a solid RB, but people aren't big traders in this league.

The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by The J Rocka » Wed Oct 8, 2014 2:24 am

Dwayne Allen for Steve Smith?

I have Gates as my other TE but on the waiver market there isn't jack **** for TEs and my WRs are Hopkins, CP84, Royal, and T. Williams (DAL).

This would be considered a buy-low on Smith but Allen has definitely looked like a Luck favorite.

I'm leaning towards a decline in hopes CP turns it around, what are some opinions?
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by The J Rocka » Wed Oct 8, 2014 2:30 am

Twolf16 wrote:
hermes wrote:is it a ppr league?

That's the thing, Ellington has been solid, not great, but solid-which is more than what Martin has been and I don't know enough to see if he can turn it around. But then again, Ellington has had that foot injury and with no qb, the run game may be completely shut down.

Think I'm going to wait to see if I can get either Branden Oliver or Andre Williams before I make a move. Would be nice to flip Floyd, Patterson, or Royal for a solid RB, but people aren't big traders in this league.

I would shop around first. Jackson is nice but will he stay consistent? Ellington has definitely had some things not go his way as you mentioned and yet has still been pretty solid. Never been sold on Martin but he does get touches.
Twolf16
Rookie

Post#31 » by Twolf16 » Wed Oct 8, 2014 2:48 am

The J Rocka wrote:Dwayne Allen for Steve Smith?

I have Gates as my other TE but on the waiver market there isn't jack **** for TEs and my WRs are Hopkins, CP84, Royal, and T. Williams (DAL).

This would be considered a buy-low on Smith but Allen has definitely looked like a Luck favorite.

I'm leaning towards a decline in hopes CP turns it around, what are some opinions?

I mean you have Gates, but you could play both at the same time. I like Steve Smith, but it's risky because Allen does appear to be a Luck favorite and with the way he and the colts are playing, not sure I make that trade yet. I find WR 's are the easiest to pick up off waiver.

Problem is Cp, Williams, and Royal are all in that wr3 category. Williams has some very tough match ups his next two games, it's still possible to sell Royal and Williams while their value is so high. Maybe for a most established wideout, if that's what you are looking for.

The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by The J Rocka » Wed Oct 8, 2014 3:06 am

Yeah that's been my problem this season. I need a more reliable WR because I was banking on CP to have a big year and Hopkins is a great #2, but if Foster is in a groove, he'll be quiet for the most part.

I may explore some other trades myself. Agree on holding out for now.
Twolf16
Rookie

Post#33 » by Twolf16 » Wed Oct 8, 2014 3:16 am

Maybe you could get someone like Roddy White, that's who I have, he's had some fairly good games and maybe a dud or two, but you know the looks will almost always be there. Idk if Royal or Williams would be worth the risk. It all depends on who needs wide receivers. Might be able to pry away someone top 20 WR if they don't have any depth.

The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by The J Rocka » Wed Oct 8, 2014 3:25 am

Trying to get Mike Wallace from a guy who keeps him on the bench. Long shot but worth asking.
Twolf16
Rookie

Post#35 » by Twolf16 » Wed Oct 8, 2014 1:27 pm

Picked up Branden Oliver from waiver wire, gotta figure out who to start this week.

Fred Jackson @ NE
Andre Ellington @ Washington
Bernard (obvious start)
Branden Oliver @ Oakland

New England stopped Bernard big time last week, so I'm hesitant to start Fred, but he has been consistent each week and Pats run D isn't anything special. He has also averaged 100 yds against them recently.

Ellington is tricky. Washington's run D has actually been pretty good and Arizona doesn't have a qb currently. So the run game may be shut down, but then I can see Ellington get a lot of carries. Plus he has been consistent and is on pace for 1600 yards.

Branden Oliver is intriguing as he tore up the jets D and the chargers have a great offense. Plus they play the Raiders so he should do well. PPR league, and this guy catches out of the backfield. But he is unproven after all.

Seems like Jackson or Ellington is probably the one I should bench. Probably Jackson, any advice?

Jukeness
Analyst
And1: 326

Post#36 » by Jukeness » Wed Oct 8, 2014 4:58 pm

Picking up Andre Williams should hopefully help my team a lot, if I get him. I lost Rice and Moreno, now I'm stuck with Doug Martin and Shonn Greene who should be better, and Bishop Sankey.
Twolf16
Rookie

Post#37 » by Twolf16 » Wed Oct 8, 2014 5:14 pm

Jukeness wrote:Picking up Andre Williams should hopefully help my team a lot, if I get him. I lost Rice and Moreno, now I'm stuck with Doug Martin and Shonn Greene who should be better, and Bishop Sankey.

Williams is a great pickup! I didn't have a high enough waiver spot to get him. I also have Sankey, but man those Tennessee running backs don't really produce much.

Jukeness
Analyst
And1: 326

Post#38 » by Jukeness » Wed Oct 8, 2014 6:23 pm

Twolf16 wrote:
Jukeness wrote:Picking up Andre Williams should hopefully help my team a lot, if I get him. I lost Rice and Moreno, now I'm stuck with Doug Martin and Shonn Greene who should be better, and Bishop Sankey.

Williams is a great pickup! I didn't have a high enough waiver spot to get him. I also have Sankey, but man those Tennessee running backs don't really produce much.

None of the Titans running backs can get in a groove because they are always subbing in and subbing out. I dont expect them to do this for the whole year.
Twolf16
Rookie

Post#39 » by Twolf16 » Wed Oct 8, 2014 6:34 pm

Jukeness wrote:
Twolf16 wrote:

None of the Titans running backs can get in a groove because they are always subbing in and subbing out. I dont expect them to do this for the whole year.

True, but I'm waiting for the coach to finally give Sankey the reins. Should be within a couple weeks I'm hoping.

Twolf16
Rookie

Fantasy Football Thread 

Post#40 » by Twolf16 » Wed Oct 8, 2014 6:38 pm

Now I was offered Jermey Maclin and Doug Martin for Andre Ellington, instead of Desean Jackson. This is much more intriguing. I could use another wide receiver, considering Roddy White is my no. 2 and Michael Floyd is no.3, but I'm still not sure. Lack of RB production is what killed me last year. But Maclin does have pretty good numbers...

Side note: it may be possible I could get Martin and Maclin for Oliver, but it always get the feeling that whoever I trade away will end up doing well.

Return to Minnesota Vikings