ImageImageImage

Draft thread

Moderator: Worm Guts

Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Re: Draft thread 

Post#321 » by Devilzsidewalk » Wed May 14, 2014 12:27 pm

I hope Turner has an option package for McKinnon, or some variation with him lined up in the backfield taking a direct snap. It was all the rage a couple years ago, but we never really got to enjoy that.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,852

Post#322 » by Klomp » Wed May 14, 2014 4:12 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:also re: McKinnon, I read this on draftcountdown draft review:

Change of pace type to backup / compliment Adrian Peterson and may also get a look on defense.

I was wondering where he got that from, has anybody heard anything like that? He probably has the athleticism for a DB, but I assume he didn't pull that out his ass and I was wondering what the source of that speculation is

Some teams were looking at him as a corner.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,527

Post#323 » by Worm Guts » Fri May 16, 2014 12:45 pm

Devilzsidewalk wrote:I hope Turner has an option package for McKinnon, or some variation with him lined up in the backfield taking a direct snap. It was all the rage a couple years ago, but we never really got to enjoy that.

I thought we should have tried the triple option with Joe Webb and a combination of Peterson, Gerhart and Harvin in the backfield. I thought it would have been a pretty cool change of pace.

Return to Minnesota Vikings