ImageImageImage

Welcome Viking fans!

Moderator: Worm Guts

hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,545

Welcome Viking fans! 

Post#1 » by hermes » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:54 pm

with the latest Mass Dispatch highlighting the NFL boards and trying to boost traffic to them, I thought it would be good to have a place for fans to come in and introduce themselves if they haven't posted here before. I know you're out there because Howard said there are at least 120 vikings fans on the site and we certainly haven't had that many post here.

so come one come all vikings fans, a new stadium is going up, a new coach, new system, new rookie qb; its an exciting time to be a viking fan - so lets talk about it!
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,472

Re: Welcome Viking fans! 

Post#2 » by Worm Guts » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:16 pm

Training camp starts today! Good time for new posters. I just wish this Kevin Love trade would happen so I can get into football mod.
hermes
RealGM

Post#3 » by hermes » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:03 pm

wormguts, maybe we could sticky this so it stays at the top and people can see it better (since i'll probably start a training camp thread in a minute)

i'm ready for football, hopefully we do get more people here - i'm more excited than usual for this season
Jukeness
Analyst
And1: 326

Post#4 » by Jukeness » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:10 pm

hermes wrote:wormguts, maybe we could sticky this so it stays at the top and people can see it better (since i'll probably start a training camp thread in a minute)

i'm ready for football, hopefully we do get more people here - i'm more excited than usual for this season

Hell yeah, so many things to be excited about for this season and future seasons. It finally looks like this team has a plan.
The J Rocka
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,730

Post#5 » by The J Rocka » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:22 pm

Agreed. Our team has a great balance of vets and a lot of youth that's ready to compete now. Should be a lot of fun to watch this team grow.
hermes
RealGM

Post#6 » by hermes » Wed Sep 3, 2014 10:08 pm

there's 145 of us now! come by and hang out before the season starts!
Gunny
Pro Prospect
And1: 491

Post#7 » by Gunny » Thu Sep 4, 2014 5:12 pm

I always thought of myself as a Vikings fan by default, since I've spent most of my life in MN and people always talk about them, regardless of how good they're projected to be.

I'm not a big fan of football, but the excitement is inescapable. Instead of arguing with my friends on the merits of why basketball is more exciting than football to my buddies, I'm going to surrender this year.

Go Vikes! I'll try to contribute more to this board so it's not as much as a ghost town.
hermes
RealGM

Post#8 » by hermes » Thu Sep 4, 2014 11:17 pm

we'll take you gunny
southern wolf
General Manager
And1: 2,163

Post#9 » by southern wolf » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:51 am

I've gotten more into the NFL since Peterson has been on the rise and I've started playing fantasy football the past couple of seasons. They've started showing games on free to air TV as well as cable in Aus.

The only problem is all the 1:00 pm Sunday games start at 3:00 am Monday morning our time so I can't really watch many Vikings games until they get some primetime Sunday games or Thursday or Monday night games.

Return to Minnesota Vikings